Mop Engineering

90 Orc Warrior
Anyone have the word on whats new with engineering in MoP? My hope is to have the same toys except better stats and maybe bombs being put back into the game.
Reply Quote
I'm hoping for a rickshaw.
Reply Quote
I want a chainsaw weapon...

*headless horseman laugh*
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
I'm sure MoP will see the addition of that "catastrophic failure" mechanic on the sprint tinker to ALL tinker enhancements.

Trying to heal yourself? BAM, 90% of your HP.

Trying to use a parachute? BAM, 90% of your HP AND you fall like a rock.

Trying to use the tanking tinker? BAM, you fly 100 yards into the air and die horrifically.

EDIT:
I'd like to see a scaling pair of goggles (as good at the end of the expac as the beginning) or chainsaw daggers/sword/2hander.
Edited by Rotzul on 4/13/2012 7:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Yes the fail part of eng sucks . I just want cool things maybe a portal to anywhere in the game or ever lasting bots so I can lay them without high cost. Oh and maybe something i can make some gold off of with it lols.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
04/13/2012 07:35 PMPosted by Breadisfunny
yeah more bad schematics.

^^
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
04/13/2012 09:41 PMPosted by Sloshkosh
Yes the fail part of eng sucks . I just want cool things maybe a portal to anywhere in the game or ever lasting bots so I can lay them without high cost. Oh and maybe something i can make some gold off of with it lols.

Certain failures are okay, like when the spring just flung you into the air... you could use your parachute to stop this.

Then someone at Blizzard decided that the sprint needed to try and kill you, making it completely useless in any raid or dungeon.On topic, I'm hoping for the usual scopes, hopefully some nice bows... also, maybe the ability to use cogwheels in different items, to make the benefit last longer than one patch.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
04/13/2012 09:44 PMPosted by Improvise

Certain failures are okay, like when the spring just flung you into the air... you could use your parachute to stop this.

Then someone at Blizzard decided that the sprint needed to try and kill you, making it completely useless in any raid or dungeon.On topic, I'm hoping for the usual scopes, hopefully some nice bows... also, maybe the ability to use cogwheels in different items, to make the benefit last longer than one patch.

I've been suggesting for a while that cogwheel sockets be used like JC-specific gems - able to have X amount of sockets in your armor at one time (even if it's only one or two, it would be worth it).
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
04/13/2012 09:46 PMPosted by Kimbra

I've been suggesting for a while that cogwheel sockets be used like JC-specific gems - able to have X amount of sockets in your armor at one time (even if it's only one or two, it would be worth it).

Cogs as gems i wouldn't think would be fair but us maybe being able to mod helms with them? I would just like them to scale and stuff idk would be cool to mod your helm. I think as a eng you should be able to mod anything on your toon. Isn't that what eng is?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I would like an impromptu shredder named Steve.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Hoping for a passenger pontoon plane mount.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

Cogs as gems i wouldn't think would be fair but us maybe being able to mod helms with them? I would just like them to scale and stuff idk would be cool to mod your helm. I think as a eng you should be able to mod anything on your toon. Isn't that what eng is?

No, no, not cogs as gems. I meant we should be able to use cog sockets similarly to how JC's can use JC-specific gems, i.e. be able to put X amount of cog sockets on your gear at one time.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

No, no, not cogs as gems. I meant we should be able to use cog sockets similarly to how JC's can use JC-specific gems, i.e. be able to put X amount of cog sockets on your gear at one time.

that would be cool
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Since the new class is monk, I'd assume you engineers may be able to craft a fist weapon of some sort.

Power-fist, maybe?

Might be cool!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Warcraft =/= Warhammer.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Well, there are "kite-mounts" that were datamined. So, I'm kinda hoping those end up being engineering-based mounts.

So far, the only things datamined are the usual. Cogs are returning, as well as an updated rocket-launcher wrist thing (this time you launch fireworks to do damage), and some scopes.

There was one interesting thing that was datamined, a belt tinker that allows one to waterwalk for about 15 seconds. Not sure what this is useful for other than Arathi Basin. =/
Edited by Meadows on 4/14/2012 2:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Well, there are "kite-mounts" that were datamined. So, I'm kinda hoping those end up being engineering-based mounts.

So far, the only things datamined are the usual. Cogs are returning, as well as an updated rocket-launcher wrist thing (this time you launch fireworks to do damage), and some scopes.

There was one interesting thing that was datamined, a belt tinker that allows one to waterwalk for about 15 seconds. Not sure what this is useful for other than Arathi Basin. =/

Mounts would be something. I just wanna make stuff blow up more bombs and tinkers !
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
Would be nice if I had the option to be cyborg.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]