War Time, a Rogues PvP guide (4.3) + FAQs

(Locked)

85 Undead Rogue
I can't thank you enough for this guide. Very informative.
1 Human Rogue
Just updated the FAQ part where it talks about smokebomb and how it can counter an SLT totem.

I can't thank you enough for this guide. Very informative.

Your welcome, however it wasnt all just me. A few of the rogues in this community plus a friend of mine helped out.
85 Human Rogue
OOB
Good guide Snoz, didn't know Sheev had some input as well, guess he's too humble to say that but you guys put together some good stuff!
1 Human Rogue
04/23/2012 09:36 PMPosted by Sologratia
Good guide Snoz, didn't know Sheev had some input as well, guess he's too humble to say that but you guys put together some good stuff!

Hellow fellow Kael Thas er

Thanks he and I did some good work along with the others :)
85 Human Rogue
Love the guide! Quick question, why isn't it better stat allocation to use a 63+ Spell Pen Gem and fill a slot bonus and use the cape spot for a Agil/Crit enchant, especially when I get +10 Agility as the bonus)?
Edited by Uruloki on 4/24/2012 12:25 AM PDT
1 Human Rogue
04/24/2012 12:24 AMPosted by Uruloki
Love the guide

Thanks

why isn't it better stat allocation to use a 63+ Spell Pen Gem and fill a slot bonus and use the cape spot for a Agil/Crit enchant?

Because you need 70+

Not to mention

40 (or 50) Agility + 70 spell pen cloak enchant

or

63 Spell pen gem + 22 Agility cloak enchant + 10 agility socket bonus(while still being under cap and short agility)

40/50 Agility > 32 Agility
70 Spell Pen > 63 Spell Pen to cloak.
Edited by Snozyisback on 4/24/2012 12:30 AM PDT
85 Night Elf Warrior
Thanks for the awesome guide, curious question, how much do professions matter in arena, and what would be the best two professions for rogues? i would assume skinning for the crit and maybe engineering?
85 Undead Rogue
Vex
Grats on the sticky! It was well deserved. Much more well deserved than my current stickied sub pve guide. Speaking of I'd just like to take this opportunity to further derail everything and ask anyone here to vote for my new improved guide (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4139869493) as sticky.

Ok sorry I'm done.
1 Human Rogue
04/24/2012 05:10 AMPosted by Acaros
Thanks for the awesome guide, curious question, how much do professions matter in arena, and what would be the best two professions for rogues? i would assume skinning for the crit and maybe engineering?

Blacksmithing and LWing are the number 1 but they are very marginal compared to JC, engineeringect
very relieved to see this stickied, excellent replacement to an outdated attrosity. great job snoz. one thing though, you really don't think gollenials dueling thread has some beneficial information in it? or did you say to disregard it because dueling has no significance in real pvp
85 Undead Rogue
Vex
I actually think dueling is quite useful for other forms of PvP since it encourages an in-depth knowledge of each class that you duel, thus better preparing you. Still I'd be interested to hear your response on this.
1 Human Rogue
04/24/2012 09:29 AMPosted by Stormsadist
very relieved to see this stickied, excellent replacement to an outdated attrosity. great job snoz. one thing though, you really don't think gollenials dueling thread has some beneficial information in it? or did you say to disregard it because dueling has no significance in real pvp

Dueling has its place to in helping you learn other classes. However you use completely different CD management in arena versus duels.

As far as the guide I said disregard it because it has awful information in it.

Mind numbing poison is MANDATORY. To correctly execute the following opener, your garrote must be done at a 70 degree or wider angle. It’s tricky and takes practice, but once you get the hang of it, you’ll be grateful you took the time to learn it.

Mind numbing is not mandatory, wound is still better. And you dont need to garrote at a 70 degree angle.

Open with a sap > premed > garrote> kidney, then Hemo to 4-5 CP’s. Use those points on a recup immediately. If you have enough pressure, trinket the first deep freeze. Most of the time, you’re fine to sit in it. If they pop cooldowns, trinket. If not, “chill” in it.

I like to cloak or vanish the first nova as that lets me keep up massive pressure and keep them defensive

First big Shatter they try to throw at you, if they’re far away, Smoke Bomb it. If not, Vanish and ambush. Why ambush? It doesn’t put your stuns or silences on DR, so you can save them for when you’re forcing a block or trinket and it puts Find Weakness on your target.

You NEVER want to open with vanish unless the target is at low health, garrote or cheapshot is better to force blink.

He also never comments about waiting for the mage to blink before stepping.
90 Undead Rogue
So using full Cataclysmic gear with the resil enchants on both the helmet and shoulders, would It be better to just gem straight agil on blue and yellow sockets forgetting about the bonus?
This is taking into account using 3 67 red gems and the rest being 40. Even moreso if I used 50 agility gems rather than the 40s, which I currently can't even afford so disregard.

I've noticed that because of a socket bonus I can get 30 agility and 20 hit rating out of a blue gem rather than just a straight 40 agility from a red gem because of the socket bonus. Would you say that the 10 agility is worth it because it's giving me more stats rather than damage, or is the hit rating good because I can reforge into something else?

I'm guessing the same applies for yellow sockets? Thanks.
85 Tauren Death Knight
Thanks for the guide Reptiie
85 Human Rogue
General Rotation?
90 Undead Rogue
04/24/2012 03:50 PMPosted by Leohpluridon
General Rotation?

There is none. The only static rotations are pretty much garrote openers and keeping recuperate up 100% of the time. The rest is up to you depending on if you need damage/control/survivability.
85 Human Rogue
Thanks. Im still trying to get use to all this
1 Human Rogue
So using full Cataclysmic gear with the resil enchants on both the helmet and shoulders, would It be better to just gem straight agil on blue and yellow sockets forgetting about the bonus?
This is taking into account using 3 67 red gems and the rest being 40. Even moreso if I used 50 agility gems rather than the 40s, which I currently can't even afford so disregard.

If you are rocking full cata gear you will want to gem straight agility.

04/24/2012 12:40 PMPosted by Tuorale
I've noticed that because of a socket bonus I can get 30 agility and 20 hit rating out of a blue gem rather than just a straight 40 agility from a red gem because of the socket bonus. Would you say that the 10 agility is worth it because it's giving me more stats rather than damage, or is the hit rating good because I can reforge into something else?

The 10 agility from the 40 (or 20 for the 50) is much better than the gain from hit
1 Human Rogue
04/24/2012 02:05 PMPosted by Harrak
Thanks for the guide Reptiie

Reptie isnt my name

Its Snozy

04/24/2012 03:50 PMPosted by Leohpluridon
General Rotation?

There isnt a rotation, there is a priority system.

Keep Recup and Slice N Dice up, kidney when needed for a dance, control, or peel

Evis when you need to keep combo points up.

04/24/2012 03:52 PMPosted by Tuorale
only static rotations are pretty much garrote openers

Wrong, usually you want to open with a cheapshot so you can garrote out of the kidney without there being a DR.

Only some classes which is msotly mages will you garrote open.
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Hex
Hi there, I posted on your last thread and you pointed a few things out that I was doing wrong, I fixed them to the best of my knowledge, and I was wondering if you could look me over and point anything else out, I realize I'm undergeared, only hit 85 a few weeks ago. Thanks for any and all information, and great thread!!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]