War Time, a Rogues PvP guide (4.3) + FAQs

(Locked)

1 Human Rogue
Depends on the comp, imo.

The spread out damage from vial is awesome for comps like RLS, but when you're looking at burst comps like RMP or Thug Cleave, the on use becomes more important to have so you can boost your dance.

Now, if it was still pre-nerf, vial all the way.

Just my 2 copper, for whatever that's worth.

Not with the agility difference.

Ruthless trinket is too far behind IMO
10 Goblin Rogue
Not with the agility difference.

Ruthless trinket is too far behind IMO

500 static agility and a predictable proc vs. 2400 agility when you want it for dance/kill opportunities.

I'd still run with on-use trinket for burst comps, but hey, to each their own. :D They'd both get the job done at the end of the day, haha.
Edited by Sheevah on 4/28/2012 4:20 AM PDT
85 Human Rogue
Another question if you would be so kind to indulge me, in the event a rogue pops Evasion and I find it hard to get behind them is it worth it to spam Shiv over Hemo, assuming if course I'm using the Hemo spec nad the blood debuff is in no fear of falling off?
1 Human Rogue
04/30/2012 10:44 PMPosted by Uruloki
Another question if you would be so kind to indulge me, in the event a rogue pops Evasion and I find it hard to get behind them is it worth it to spam Shiv over Hemo, assuming if course I'm using the Hemo spec nad the blood debuff is in no fear of falling off?

I will spam shiv if a rogue evasions, its not much damage but it cant be dodge/block/parried so its the best way to generate combo points.
85 Undead Rogue
Should i drop my vengence for PvP, as it is also my PvE weapon, and pick up the shiv?
1 Human Rogue
05/01/2012 11:50 AMPosted by Oxx
Should i drop my vengence for PvP, as it is also my PvE weapon, and pick up the shiv?

If you have a weapon chain on vengeance then no

If you have landslide then yes
85 Human Rogue
LFG
Are there any keybinding guides for rogues that work with a razor naga? Also when I hit 85 should I be playing backstab or hemo in RPD?
Edited by Physical on 5/1/2012 8:52 PM PDT
1 Human Rogue
05/01/2012 08:52 PMPosted by Physical
Are there any keybinding guides for rogues that work with a razor naga? Also when I hit 85 should I be playing backstab or hemo in RPD?

As I dont use a razor naga I cant tell you.

Also it depends on playstyle. Both or viable
90 Human Death Knight
gOOD STUFF . A noob question about pvp how does a rogue usually start up his fight after he got his sap on his target do you follow it with cheap shot wait for his/her trinket then kidney shot followed by back stabs?..im fairly new to the class but it's just so much fun.
1 Human Rogue
OOD STUFF . A noob question about pvp how does a rogue usually start up his fight after he got his sap on his target do you follow it with cheap shot wait for his/her trinket then kidney shot followed by back stabs?..im fairly new to the class but it's just so much fun.

It all depends on the class

For like a 1v1 agaisnt a rogue. Its cheap + recup into disarm. then once disarm is over I blind.

Either they trinket and will get sat in a full kidney + dance or they sit it and you get a free restealth.
90 Human Death Knight
for classes like warriors do you open up hard to force CDs Cheap shot, ambush,backstab disarm.?
1 Human Rogue
05/02/2012 11:08 AMPosted by Anathil
for classes like warriors do you open up hard to force CDs Cheap shot, ambush,backstab disarm.?

I treat warriors like rogues and try to force CDs like trinkets before I kidney
85 Undead Rogue
I feel like my damage output is really low, I dont feel competitive in pvp atm and things just feel stale.

I cant quite put my finger on what im doing wrong.

I usually open with Garrote or cheap shot, i keep recup and SnD up, and backstab as much as possible.

sigh
1 Human Rogue
feel like my damage output is really low, I dont feel competitive in pvp atm and things just feel stale.

I cant quite put my finger on what im doing wrong.

I usually open with Garrote or cheap shot, i keep recup and SnD up, and backstab as much as possible.

sigh

Your extremely undergeared
1 Human Rogue
/cast [nomod,stance:0] Backstab
/startattack [nostealth]
/cast [stance:1] Premeditation
/cast [mod:shift,stance:3] Ambush

Try that and see if it works.
Edited by Snozyisback on 5/6/2012 12:05 PM PDT
1 Human Rogue
Sorry if I was unclear, that's completely my fault. But I was looking more for the shift mod to be on the stance one, so I can ambush with mod and Premed without the mod. Taking from what you gave, would something like this work:

[quote]/cast [nomod,stance:0] Backstab
/startattack [nostealth]
/cast [mod:shift,stance:1] Ambush; Premeditation
/cast [stance:3] Ambush

Edit: I got it thanks :D

I just needed to know how to incorporate the mod:shift in the macro.

That should work, give it a try!

And no worries, glad I could help.

Ctrl and alt work as well
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]