War Time, a Rogues PvP guide (4.3) + FAQs

(Locked)

85 Human Rogue
So when exactly do I choose Mighty Resil over +20 Stats? I assume it's when I'm using 2pc T13?

Also after closer inspection of my gemming and a reskim of the OP turns out I need to buy some Lucent's when I get home. : /

Also, from a personal stand point how high do you like to Energy Pool for a Shadow Dance? :3

Also, also, why not something like Herbalism/BS over JC? Herb because I don't believe it shares CD with Trinket and it would line up perfectly for Shadow Dances and BS which offers more Stats assuming all epic gems. I suppose what I am suggesting is a small focus on Prof. in the OP.
Edited by Uruloki on 5/7/2012 3:40 PM PDT
1 Human Rogue
05/07/2012 02:12 PMPosted by Uruloki
So when exactly do I choose Mighty Resil over +20 Stats? I assume it's when I'm using 2pc T13?

Its all personal preference.

I would never go under 3700 resil though

Also, from a personal stand point how high do you like to Energy Pool for a Shadow Dance? :3

I like to be at full energy if possible. However if I am only at around 80 and my partner can get damage out I will go ahead and dance. The biggest thing about dance in my opinion is focusing on timing it with your partner first and then trying to have max energy second.

Also, also, why not something like Herbalism/BS over JC? Herb because I don't believe it shares CD with Trinket and it would line up perfectly for Shadow Dances and BS which offers more Stats assuming all epic gems. I suppose what I am suggesting is a small focus on Prof. in the OP.

The haste while good isnt as good as a static gain from agility.

You wouldnt gem haste over agility right? Same applies towards professions. (JC isnt as strong as it was due to epic gems now)
Edited by Snozyisback on 5/7/2012 4:12 PM PDT
85 Night Elf Rogue
In the section on gear stats, you recommend crit over haste. But the rogue PVE guides stickied on this forum say that for sub rogues, haste contributes more than crit to attack power. So, is your recommendation just a general preference for a chance at big burst even though haste apparently gives higher average damage, or are these weightings somehow different in pvp?
10 Goblin Rogue
05/08/2012 08:52 AMPosted by Rosenn
these weightings somehow different in pvp?

They're different.

Critical Strike Rating ("Crit")

In a PvP environment, you are never guaranteed uptime on (meaning that you stay within melee range of) a target. Because of this, there are often differences between PvE stat priorities and PvP stat priorities. Crit is one of those differences.

On paper, you would think that haste would be important because it gives you more attacks and faster energy regen, but this is often wasted in a PvP environment where you are often running toward your target. Crit maximizes the damage potential of your rogue in the limited amount of uptime you will have in many PvP encounters. Because of this, you’ll want to get as much crit as possible, so long as you aren’t sacrificing your hit caps or missing out on pure agility to do it.

Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2369742267?page=5#85
90 Blood Elf Rogue
HOW IS CLOAKED'S SETUP?????

WHAT WOULD YOU RECCAMEND?????

Cloaked is seeking to be an A+ PvP rogue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 Human Rogue
Cloaked is in PvE gear so Snoz cant see Cloakeds gear.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
GARBFAUPBLA

okay Cloaked will stay in Cloaked's PvP gear!!

HERE IT IS, FEAST YOUR EYES
90 Blood Elf Rogue
omg snappy come back
1 Human Rogue
Cloaked ATM the major things I see is

Agil+ Stam need to be Full Agility.
Expertise to 20
Hit to 5%

Reforge to crit and out of haste/mastery as much as possible.

I know that your T13 gear is mostly used for PvE but if you can try to get another set.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
HAHAHA, CHECK CLOAKED OUT NOW, SNAPPY!

How's THIS?

Though... Cloaked should probably put 22 agi on Cloaked's cloaked instead of shadow armor...
85 Tauren Paladin
Just a question, why do you need to be Expertise capped when you're primarily behind your target? The only thing that requires you to be in front of the enemy is Gouge, and I barely ever miss that with 5/5 Expertise.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I usually run 2s with a Disc priest or a Resto druid, should I be using backstab or hemo spec? Also seeing as I'm not a human and my raid progression virtually none existent should I be going with the LFR vial or the on-use trinket?
Either they trinket and will get sat in a full kidney + dance or they sit it and you get a free restealth

I'm trying to wrap my head around the different strategies to beating other classes and I pretty much get owned by everything. I'm definitely undergeared, but I'm working on it and have to start somewhere.

I would really like to see some best case scenarios with if/then strategies for all the different classes.

I usually premed, cheap shot, backstab, backstab, kidney shot, backstab, recuperate, then after that it pretty much goes downhill from there. If I'm up against melee, I'll disarm them, after the disarm I'll evasion and if it's looking really bad I'll blind, restealth and either run or try to finish them off. Is it ever a bad idea to premed-recuperate then start in? How could I change the above and when is the best time to throw up a SnD?

Responding to the quote, so you sit through a kidney shot with autoattack then when KS wears off go into shadowdance, cheap shot, ambush, ambush, etc? Thanks for all the help. This thread has been helpful but there is definitely room for it to be fleshed out more.
probably a noob question, but if you never use garrote or rupture, why put 2pts in SV?
85 Tauren Warrior
Hey Snoz, what's your opinion on Glyph of Gouge?
90 Blood Elf Rogue
06/01/2012 08:55 AMPosted by Daywrecker
probably a noob question, but if you never use garrote or rupture, why put 2pts in SV?
1) You should usually open on casters with garrote for the 4.5 second silence

2) Glyph of Hemorrhage bleed

16% is HUGE. If we didn't have other bleeds than rupture, we'd probably keep rupture up for it (or at least rupture before ShD)
14 Night Elf Druid
Can you post your keybinds? It would be very interesting to see how they are arranged.
90 Orc Rogue
#showtooltip sap
/stopattack
/console targetNearestDistance 10.000000
/targetenemy
/console targetNearestDistance 41.000000
/cast sap
Just a note, I noticed this macro while browsing this thread. Blizzard stopped allowing macros to use the targetNeartestDistance variable quite awhile ago, before WotLK if I remember correctly.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1756044196
Edited by Heist on 6/11/2012 3:21 PM PDT
90 Undead Rogue
I was wondering what you think about this spec http://www.wowhead.com/talent#fMhcZbZfGscdu0Rho

because I like the backstab spec but i don't want to lose improved recup
Edited by Notsodead on 6/16/2012 6:51 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]