War Time, a Rogues PvP guide (4.3) + FAQs

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Rogue
@ Notsodead, I run with a similar build except I go with 2/2 on Waylay, 1/2 in nightstalker and I got the assassin's step enchant for my feet for the speed boost. IMO improved recuperate is better than quickening if you solo alot or are on a 2's team without a healer. Improved recuperate regenerates more health per tick than quickening and reduces all damage taken by 6% while its active. So you actually end up with better survivability minus the cheat death talent which only procs when ur about to die anyway.
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Does nobody pvp as mutilate at all anymore?

Is subtlety just that much better?
85 Night Elf Rogue
Snoz, when you a have a moment will you take a look at me and tell me where I can improve, what needs changed, etc? Appreciate the guide, amazing help.

@Suresh Assasination Spec is my absolute favorite. I run that when I am feeling particularly great lol. I have always loved the poisons and the damage they do. Wish it had more mobility >.< (Frost Mage= gg)
Does nobody pvp as mutilate at all anymore?

Is subtlety just that much better?

look at it like this, Player vs Player consists of real people to fight one another in BG's, Areana, etc. If your invisible (subtlety) half the time your fighting, that in it itself gives you the upper hand then someone who is wide open and vulnerable for an attack.

As a Subtlety rogue, you have the element of surprise. This skill of ours can put our enemies into a panic mode while we stay calm, cool and ready. We catch them off guard and its over, done, finito.
90 Human Rogue

Wrong, usually you want to open with a cheapshot so you can garrote out of the kidney without there being a DR.

Only some classes which is msotly mages will you garrote open.

its been a while, can you explain this? open with cheapshot...ok...so you can garrote out of kidney...meaning you kidney after cheapshot? then garrote?

also do you use premed as a opener? i often times try it then realize i want recup up and do a 4 point recup which isnt damaging.
90 Orc Warrior
just so you know. (im not going to read through the 7+ pages to see if this was already said). but you do more dmg with a slow main hand wepp if your using hemo spec.
90 Undead Rogue
Slow MH does pretty much the same damage for hemo (maybe slightly higher but it doesn't make any real difference). What makes the difference is more poison/landslide procs for hemo v. less Ambush damage. All in all hemo with a slow weps seems to be worse, but I think the difference is close enough that an item level difference in a MH wep would make more of a difference.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
07/13/2012 08:45 AMPosted by Haileaus
real difference

the difference

the difference

level difference

a difference.

Gotta catch 'em all
89 Goblin Rogue
I have a question regarding Slice and Dice.. I realize its amazing to have up, and having it up as much as possible is a good idea. But I find myself wanting to use Combo Points on other things more (Kidney, Evis, and Rupture). Though after reading over your guide it seems that Rupture isn't as good as I had previously thought, I used to play a Feral Druid in Wrath so I think I'm still stuck in the "Moar Bleeds, Moar deeps" mindset.
Quick question about gear, been trying to figure this out...

I have heroic No'Kaled, legendaries, heroic tier helm, heroic tier chest, heroic gloves, reg tier shoulders, reg legs (which is what I used before for the 2pc, shoulders and legs)

I'm figuring between pvp gear and the mix for 2 pc what would be the best options? So far what I can tell it would be the gloves/helm + legendaries but I'd prefer another opinion too.
Edited by Ghost on 7/18/2012 1:14 PM PDT
70 Troll Warrior
04/15/2012 05:03 PMPosted by Snozyisback
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#fMhfZZcGccducRho
86 Undead Rogue
What poisons do I use with Hemo build?
86 Undead Rogue
Which is....
Hey guys just a question about speccing, in your personal opinion which spec out of hemo or backstab is better atm? i play on an average ping of around 170ms due to my country location :) any advice and information is appreciated :) thanks
90 Blood Elf Rogue
07/17/2012 05:53 AMPosted by Evela
I have a question regarding Slice and Dice.. I realize its amazing to have up, and having it up as much as possible is a good idea. But I find myself wanting to use Combo Points on other things more (Kidney, Evis, and Rupture). Though after reading over your guide it seems that Rupture isn't as good as I had previously thought, I used to play a Feral Druid in Wrath so I think I'm still stuck in the "Moar Bleeds, Moar deeps" mindset.

I have the same question. I'm new to the class but when I see full combo points I get this spendy need to dump them into kidney or eviscerate. But, I am hearing recuperate and snd first, in that order, and then look to other uses for combo points. (Of course, at that point I'm proably dead atm but its a learning process.) Is that right?
1 Human Warrior
Is ambush ever a viable opener or should you just use cheap shot and garrote and save ambush for dance? also is it a good idea to use garrote during the dance?
Edited by Sangerce on 8/3/2012 1:06 PM PDT
90 Human Rogue
TheSnoz226

Snozzy told me to post this up for you guys if you have questions, that is his Skype handle.

edit: This isn't a troll, so please do not report thinking it is. :)
Edited by Elinthiaqt on 8/6/2012 6:32 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Rogue
That's really nice that you guys would take the time to look at another players set-up. Do they ever send you some gold or other goodies your way as a thank you?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]