Unholy Question?

How often am I supposed to be using Festering Strike? I get that it turns the blood and frost runes into death ones, but it still takes up a bit of time using it.

Anyway. Like I said, how often should I be using it compared to scourge strike?

P.S. Also, just out of curiosity, does 2h unholy do better or worse than dual wield frost if the weapons are evenly matched?
Edited by Aylere on 4/16/2012 12:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
I'm assuming this is for PvE.

Festering strike's use is pretty much only to convert blood and frost into death runes and to extend the life of your diseases without reapplication.

And the difference between 2H unholy and DW frost is small enough to not care which spec you choose. Play whichever one you want to play, it's up to you.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
I may be doing it wrong since I am still leveling but this is how i do it:

I Try to keep track of my runes. Basically I don't want to let frost runes sit around as frost runes since they provide the least functionality, and to the extent I can I also don't want to sit on Blood Runes.

• If I have a frost rune I begin estimate when I can put in a Festering strike within the next couple of attacks to convert it to a death rune,
  • if I have both a Frost and a Blood rune up then I use Festering strike immediately, but
  • if I am sitting 4 death runes and 2 unholy I avoid using festering strike and prioritize Scourge Strike and Death Coil.
  • Reply Quote
    90 Human Death Knight
    Copied from Heartless's guide.

Diseases
    > Dark Transformation
    > Death and Decay/Scourge Strike (Unholy|Unholy or Death Runes are up)
    > Festering Strike (Blood|Blood and Frost|Frost are up)
    > Death Coil (Sudden Doom, high RP)
    > Death and Decay/Scourge Strike
    > Festering Strike
    > Horn of Winter
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]