Horde side

85 Troll Priest
We are looking to transfer servers, as ours while it has great progression just has no community...basically the way it works there is if you dont have a full guild group you can't do anything. While open raid is great, its much better to have a server to do crap with.

With that said Kul Tiras was one of the servers reccommended by guildies that meet all the initial criteria. So I do have a few questions

Are there no horde 25s because no one likes 25s here, or because leadership of those guilds decided to go to 10?
How is the horde economy? How available are things like herbs, gems, ore, leather, enchanting mats?
How is the server's response to things like GDKP runs?
Is pugging an option? Like if our alt run is missing someone can we find someone to stay for 2-3 hours and do 4-5 heroics and not bail at the sign of the first wipe or two?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
honestly, this server is dead. i would have to say "no" to pretty much all your questions (90% of the people on KT probably don't even know what a GDKP run is). of course you will have a few people to beg you and your guildies to come to try and "revive" KT once again, but it all honesty this server is trash.

proof: http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/kul-tiras
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
honestly, this server is dead. i would have to say "no" to pretty much all your questions (90% of the people on KT probably don't even know what a GDKP run is). of course you will have a few people to beg you and your guildies to come to try and "revive" KT once again, but it all honesty this server is trash.

proof: http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/kul-tiras

Gotta agree with him here. Horde side has taken quite a few turns for the worst in the past few years. GDKP is entirely non-existent on the server, both horde and alliance side, mostly due to lack of (SKILLED) pug raiders. The server as a whole is actually on an upswing in terms of overall progression. The server is ranked US 151 now, we were as bad as rank 220 during WotLK. Honestly another well progressed guild could breathe quite a bit of life back into this server, but there are better servers out there that are available.

And just out of curiosity, what was your "initial criteria" that you were looking for in potential servers?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Initial criteria was pretty simple, long standing server, at the very least somewhat decent progression, at least one 8/8 guild with a handful at least 4/8 and medium to high pop....not a whole lot you can have for initial criteria when the main thing you are looking for is a server that actually does stuff outside of their own guild. Shadowmoon has been somewhere in the top 25 all xpac but it's really impossible to do anything if you have to go outside of guild
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I have been on this server for almost six years now. For raiding, it isn't what it used to be, but the people here are pretty great as a whole, which is why I have not left. If you find the right people, there are groups who get together to do things. Progression here is not where I would like to see it. Pugging raids is very hit and miss, more miss. There are however, good players on this realm.

Hope you find the server you are looking for, be it KT or another.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
While a lot of people don’t know what a GDKP is, usually it’s because no one ever did them. In my experience there are plenty of bad pugs out there, however a lot of players need strict direction and can perform decently, I have seen this many times when we have brought a pug into our alt raid and they end up surpassing their main’s progression and being an actually contributing part of the raid and not strictly being carried. Bad pug raiders are rampant, however bad pug raid leaders are as well, put the two in a room together and enjoy the !@#$storm.

The progression linked shows the server is far from dead(well unless most of those guilds haven’t killed a boss in months)while it is not a pinnacle of raiding, the truth is there is only 4 or 5 of those with actual server communities, the rest are like the server we are on now. The community of the server is more important than the current raiding progression, simply because we are looking for the community and the ability to actually find people to do %^-* on off nights.

Another
Would people here participate in buying spots in the raid, for Firelord, Savior of Azeroth, Glory Mounts(all 3 tiers), siphons etc? Or is this more of a poor server?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
No?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
There's plenty of rich people in the server, buying runs would probably happen if there was a group that COULD carry a person w/o issues. I know of some people that transfer off server to grab mounts and achievements and then come back to show them off. So Yeah there would be people to buy runs.
Edited by Fernna on 4/20/2012 10:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Well that is def a plus, we need to have a way to pay what is always insane prices the first week or so of an xpac...I have a feeling the 2000g we payed per flask for the first few raids in cata will be much more expensive come mists....as far as carrying, we have been doing it for quite a while, togc mounts, mims heads, invincible, pureblood firehawk, not to mention carries of full instances and glory of the raid carries. A new category that we have seen of late is for siphons.

If anyone is interested shoot us an email blessthemartyrguild@gmail.com we like to schedule things in advance where possible.

Think I will make a toon here this weekend and check things out.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I can assure you that you will get people who would purchase glory runs. Feel free to hit me up in game if you have any other questions horde side. I have been on this server for about 5.5 yrs.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Bumping for more feedback, made a toon over the weekend seemed lively Ah didn't seem bad. How abouts some people buying some mounts on realid so we can chat it up while you get some siphons or firelords or such?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
You'd probably want to advertise mount runs in trade during prime time in order to get some buyers. These KT forums haven't had people selling mount/title runs since i can remember. Though I may be underestimating how bad some people may want firehawks(I kinda flaunted the f*ck out of mine in orgrimmar when i got the server 1st) so if you've gotten buyers already, more power to you.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
We didn't have an issue with buyers for a while, even more so with the realid access for older raids, I'd imagine though that there isn't a ton of interest left, depending on the number of people per server with them...Handmaidens will be getting sold soon lol
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Hunter
As far as pugging, there are skilled members, and alts, of guilds that are kinda lax in activity at the time. I personally would not mind pugging as a fill in if someone needed and I could take a few wipes, in fact I am one that is unwilling to call it over unless time is up or the group needs replacements and can't find them.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Make a toon and Check out Twisted Empire :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]