Another 250,000 Beta Invites Are Heading Out

(Locked)

90 Tauren Paladin
04/17/2012 01:12 PMPosted by Beriana
Aside from the fact that "when" does not always mean as soon as but can and often does mean during a time period, your views of "letting everyone in who cares" are very childish and not conductive to the beta process.

You are completely missing the point, "when" can mean whatever you wish, so long as TO GO continues to mean the transition phase. WHEN IT GOES LIVE means during the transition between not being and being live, meaning at the time it actually was live I should already have my invitation.

EDIT: Regarding my views, they are not childish at all. I'm a software engineer with experience in distributed computing. I know EXACTLY what I'm talking about, and while I don't expect most people in my area to be equally competent (because face it, it's hard to match someone with an IQ of 142 measured at the age of 12), I do expect people to stick to their word at their own expense. You can not deny that they had time to prepare for this and chose not to! I'm sorry, no matter how you spin or choose to ignore the situation, you can not ignore this fact!

You're a software engineer and your company would be completely ok with you having a beta test being completely unusable because you've swarmed it with more users than it could handle? I find that hard to believe.

As for "when it goes live" you might think that's what it means but it does not always and obviously did not in this case. If I say "I'm going to go see that movie when it comes out" I do not necessarily mean that I'm going to see the movie the second it comes out, or by your definition, I should be in the movie theater already the second it comes out. I mean that sometime after the movie comes out I will go see it
89 Pandaren Rogue
Next wave inc??
85 Troll Warlock
04/17/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Feralpoisons
Next wave inc??

Plox? <3
hope next wave is soon, and im in it.
100 Blood Elf Priest
04/17/2012 02:04 PMPosted by Dustos
hope next wave is soon, and im in it.

<3
85 Goblin Hunter
(because face it, it's hard to match someone with an IQ of 142 measured at the age of 12)!

This made my day... My side hurts. Thank you.
85 Human Priest
Haha post unstickied, that could mean the upcoming wave is soon in our hands.
04/17/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Feralpoisons
Next wave inc??

The last topic was unstickied last Tuesday too. Last week's wave was Wednesday at 9PM PST. So we have a day to go, if we go by history.
85 Troll Warlock
04/17/2012 02:09 PMPosted by Cyberg
Next wave inc??

The last topic was unstickied last Tuesday too. Last week's wave was Wednesday at 9PM PST. So we have a day to go, if we go by history.

You best not be lyin' to me girl. I'm like totally fragile. :(
04/17/2012 02:12 PMPosted by Beriana

Actually it was Thirsday, they posted a day earlier.

It was Wednesday. The invites took about 24 hours to go out.
88 Draenei Paladin
Hey uh....Ive been a Annual Pass holder for a few months now...I have the Beta Settings filled in on my account..and yet I havent received an invite yet...Why?
85 Goblin Hunter
04/17/2012 02:15 PMPosted by Beriana

That was intentional. I try to provide some comic relief both through satire and excessive boasting. That makes people less likely to take me seriously, and that too has a purpose.

OK, everyone compare MENSA cards! Beriana has an evil plan he/she/it wants to hatch. I'm hoping for an assault by radio active super-chinchillas on the Websters Dictionary folks, but the only way we will find out is if we all laugh at his jokes. GO.
90 Undead Warlock
04/17/2012 02:15 PMPosted by Beriana

That was intentional. I try to provide some comic relief both through satire and excessive boasting. That makes people less likely to take me seriously, and that too has a purpose.

lol, I'm sure.
04/17/2012 02:18 PMPosted by Cindersa
Hey uh....Ive been a Annual Pass holder for a few months now...I have the Beta Settings filled in on my account..and yet I havent received an invite yet...Why?
Because you haven't, just like everyone else who hasn't yet. Unless you think it's a conspiracy against you or something :3
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]