This server

100 Human Warrior
I certainly care about pvp, and I get frustrated with people as much as the next person, but like I said, the abusive nature of it is a problem. Competition does not need to produce a hostile, cruel environment. I run into it a lot this season in particular, because warriors are terribly weak right now, when we lose matches, even if we play well, we are often trolled and dumped on by people who are taking advantage of obvious composition imbalances. I deal with so much trash talking, simply because the game balance is in a terrible spot right now, and someone scored a kill on the gladiator. But when you actually look at the ladders, warriors sitting on high end teams are few and far between right now, and it's no coincidence.

People assume that winning a match, or a duel, or whatever means that you are good and they are bad. Sometimes, that's the case, sure, but I remember when I couldn't touch my toes. I try to be polite and helpful, and that's the sort of environment people should be competing in, not the one we have now, diluted with people who believe that success has nothing to do with imbalances.

Also, simply because someone has farmed their pvp set, doesn't mean they are regular pvp players. Likewise, my friends and I have our full pvp sets, and also run raids regularly. Most people enjoy both facets of the game.
Edited by Squíd on 4/17/2012 2:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
yeah I do too. And not going to lie, there are hostile QQ'ers both pve and pvp, it all depends on who you usually play with, be it your guild, trade chat, friends, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I certainly care about pvp, and I get frustrated with people as much as the next person, but like I said, the abusive nature of it is a problem. Competition does not need to produce a hostile, cruel environment. I run into it a lot this season in particular, because warriors are terribly weak right now, when we lose matches, even if we play well, we are often trolled and dumped on by people who are taking advantage of obvious composition imbalances. I deal with so much trash talking, simply because the game balance is in a terrible spot right now, and someone scored a kill on the gladiator. But when you actually look at the ladders, warriors sitting on high end teams are few and far between right now, and it's no coincidence.

People assume that winning a match, or a duel, or whatever means that you are good and they are bad. Sometimes, that's the case, sure, but I remember when I couldn't touch my toes. I try to be polite and helpful, and that's the sort of environment people should be competing in, not the one we have now, diluted with people who believe that success has nothing to do with imbalances.

Also, simply because someone has farmed their pvp set, doesn't mean they are regular pvp players. Likewise, my friends and I have our full pvp sets, and also run raids regularly. Most people enjoy both facets of the game.

I noticed your absence on the arena and warrior forums Squid, glad to see you haven't quit. I think you're the only glad warrior on this server... now if you'd just go horde side...
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I was horde for a long time, and I have stopped commenting in the forums because it's not making a difference. A handful of people have made very fair, intelligent suggestions on how to properly balance warriors, and help bring them into the level of class synergy that other competitive classes have been brought to. We are dinosaurs, using old, clunky mechanics and garbage cooldowns that no longer have any place in the environment of pvp today. This season is the absolute worst it has ever been.

At any rate, I still play, and will keep playing. See you in TB...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
God I hope you don't venture into the Beta forums. If you think think the PvP forums are bad, uggh, Beta forums. I can't even finish that sentence.
Edited by Andrraste on 4/26/2012 1:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Beta never really interests me. It's nice to see what's coming, but what's on beta can be such a far shot from what goes live, I just prefer to wait, and avoid the idiots.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Mad love for this server. But glad to see you haven't quit Squid. I haven't seen you on as of late, though that may be due to my absence. Does DH do rbgs anymore? I heard you guys were pretty active in raiding now.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
We do a bit of everything here and there. It's hard to organize rbgs, because everyone has really odd schedules right now, but I am trying to take polls and see what nights would be good for folk.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
SQUID FOR PRES IN 2012...DAMN THE MAN!..MAY SQUIDS THUNDERCLAP SEND WAVES OF FEAR AND RESPECT THROUGH WASHINGTON AND ON!!!

SQUIDS MANY ACCOMPLISHMENTS

1 PINKY FINGER PUSHUPS
2 SIMULTANEOUSLY SAVING A BEACHED BLUE WHALE ON TOP OF A QUADRICORN WHILE BAKING LASAGNA AND READING THE ENTIRE BRIEF HISTORY OF TIME.
4 DAILY WRITING JOB ON JOHN STEWARTS DAILY SHOW.
5 FIRST MAN TO SUCCESSFULLY WALK ON THE SURFACE OF THE SUN..YEP..HE DID IT.
6 FULL TIME DANCE CHOREOGRAPHER AND PROGRAMMER FOR ALL IN GAME DANCES.
7 BODY DOUBLE FOR BRAD PIT IN FIGHT CLUB.
8 ONLY PERSON TO SUCCESSFULLY BEAT BOTH CHUCK NORRIS IN A ARM WRESTLING COMPETITION WHILE BESTING THE IBM SUPER CHESS MACHINE IN ONLY 18 MOVES
9 SQUID LOVES PUPPIES....DONT WE ALL!?!
10 DO YOU REALLY NEED MORE..SHEESH!

V/R Darcfrost GM of KILLTHEME and friend to Murlocs everywhere....mrrrgggllll
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I love Thrall <3
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
My name is Squid, and I approve of this message.
Reply Quote
32 Blood Elf Paladin
my one guild is moving over here this weekend as far as I know.. i just wished that my name was a available over here but oh well. i re-rolled some toons over here and i kinda think it isnt too bad tbh atm. will see if i lvl up all ten of my toons to 85 though lol.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Love the server--just moved over from Turalyon a few weeks ago and find Thrall (And Alliance-side) a group of mature, kind, helpful people. I don't have a long list of trade-chat trolls ignored, and I am starting to know folks and recognize names in the community. This is a great server.

Squid, I'll support you for President--can I be your Secertary of Health and Humanoid Services? (I am a Resto Druid after all) :)
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Wow, coming from Illidan, this is the last type of thread I thought I'd find on a Realm Forum. Wow.

basically, Illidan consists of; Death threats, Hacking, Guild Selling, Rating Selling, Insults, and People complaining there's too many !@#$%^-s on the server. Gj guys. Might be transferring, who knows ;).

Oh we have all that here. We call it, "Trade channel." =P

Illidan is a crazy-active realm though, isn't it? I've heard you guys have H DS pugs that go 6/8 on a regular basis, and very established raid community.
Edited by Audience on 5/5/2012 2:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
05/05/2012 02:50 AMPosted by Redrosie
Love the server--just moved over from Turalyon a few weeks ago

My wife and I just moved over here a few weeks ago as well, but from Sen'jin horde. I have to agree, the community here is awesome thus far!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
FFS
05/05/2012 02:28 PMPosted by Audience
Illidan is a crazy-active realm though, isn't it? I've heard you guys have H DS pugs that go 6/8 on a regular basis, and very established raid community.

Indeed it is.

We have 7 guilds that have downed HM DW: http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/thrall

Illidan has 50: http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/illidan

They have 120 guilds that are 6/8, we have 21. It's a different world over there.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
i havnt seen any side dishes though. am i to understand there will be no side dishes?
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Rogue
I'm considering making a character on this server. But first I was wondering who tends to win tol barad more or is it about even?
Edited by Ankita on 5/11/2012 2:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
It goes back and forth pretty often since I've been here.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]