A confused gnome warlock

90 Gnome Warlock
Here I am. With the tastiest pants in all of Azeroth. One would think I would have it all.. but I find myself more confused about life each day.

Where does a gnome warlock like myself fit into this world? My ancestors, my fellow warlock ancestors, were there gnomes?

My lore knowledge Isn't to sharp..

I need to know!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I'm a human hunter. Where is OUR lore?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Good News. Warlocks aren't as persecuted in gnomish society as others. Bad news. Ironforge isn't Gnomergan. Titan's made the original gnomes, mutated by the curse of flesh into the forms you see today.

Thats it. No really, that is all there is. They coughed out gnomes with one paragraph of lore at launch and haven't looked back.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Gnomes value intellect above all else, even morality.

So to Gnomes, Fel Magic is just another intellectual pursuit.

Gnomes do of course recognize that Warlocks are not welcome among the other Alliance Kingdoms. But the Gnome warlocks that do exist have ties to the underground secret societies of Stormwind and Ironforge that do study it.

As for Gnome casters in general? They've been side-by-side with the Humans and Dwarves forever. Even one of the members of the old Council of Tirisfal was a Gnome.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
04/12/2012 12:14 PMPosted by Weasy
I'm a human hunter. Where is OUR lore?

Stormwind fielded Crossbow-men in the original Warcraft as the Alliance's primary ranged unit.

And before Cataclysm, the wolves around Elwyn began contracting some strange disease. In an effort to save the wolves, the diseased ones were killed off and the humans began learning how to befriend the healthy ones. Which is why the human hunter starting pet is a wolf.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Gnomes value intellect above all else, even morality.

So to Gnomes, Fel Magic is just another intellectual pursuit.

Gnomes do of course recognize that Warlocks are not welcome among the other Alliance Kingdoms. But the Gnome warlocks that do exist have ties to the underground secret societies of Stormwind and Ironforge that do study it.

As for Gnome casters in general? They've been side-by-side with the Humans and Dwarves forever. Even one of the members of the old Council of Tirisfal was a Gnome.

Ah.. I see what you're saying friend.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Gnomes have the intellectual prowess, the innate curiosity, and the lack of severe religious dogma to make the Warlock path a very logical one for a Gnome.

History, ancestry... Really, NO race has much history or ancestry with Warlocks - it's an illicit practice among the Alliance, and even the Horde only had it after they were corrupted. Sure, you might have the strange rogue mage here or there among the Alliance before the Horde brought the lion's share of it to Azeroth, but nothing so major or notable as to merit a "long line of Warlocks" or anything like that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I resent The Craft being regarded as rogue or corrupt in it's nature. Warlocks are Witches, the Wikkan religion reveres the female principle of God. We are Children of the Mother. Others regard themselves as children of the father and thus are suspicious of the different and thus, outsider nature of warlocks. Warlocks are evil only when the individual is called to the darkness. This is true of all peoples.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]