How do people find your alts?

85 Night Elf Hunter
I've seen people know who's alts people are on the forums. How do you work this out? >.> <.<
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
There are browser addons that have that functionality, apparently.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Depending on what browser you use there are addons that can tell. Also if you put someone on ignore it ignores the account so if you post on multiple alts people will know.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
I think it's a google chrome add on. Probably has something to do with ip address, but I'm not 100% sure :-\
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
Not IP address, in the id of the post it shows your unique account number, all posts from characters on your account have the same number. It's hidden in the html.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
04/12/2012 02:25 PMPosted by Grëgory
Not IP address, in the id of the post it shows your unique account number, all posts from characters on your account have the same number. It's hidden in the html.

This. The addon uses the same flag that the ignore feature uses to ignore all posts from the account instead of just the one alt.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
There is a plug-in for Chrome and Firefox that use a normal forum functionality to show alts. If you ignore a person, it will also ignore any characters they have posted on.

♥ Aune
Reply Quote
6 Night Elf Druid
Testing, find my main.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter

This. The addon uses the same flag that the ignore feature uses to ignore all posts from the account instead of just the one alt.

Pretty much. It is an amazing addon.

04/12/2012 02:29 PMPosted by Tremand
Testing, find my main.

You have posted on 9 different characters. If I felt like it I could armory each and every one but not going to go through the hassle.
Edited by Sayne on 4/12/2012 2:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
^ all of the above pretty much.

Also the good ol' press ignore on someone & see how many different toons are ignored to know they all belong to the same person! :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
What's the Firefox add on?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Or chrome? ;)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Testing, find my main.

The plug-in and forum functionality only show characters that you've posted on the forums with.

eg I haven't posted on all my characters so they won't all show :x

♥ Aune
Reply Quote
70 Draenei Paladin
I have no clue how people figure me out....
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
Testing, find my main.

arygos:
vortalaan
feathermoon:
myriam trînîty vinya
moon-guard:
delanî kendrie merkilan nimué
saurfang:
tremand

One of those.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Testing, find my main.
I'll guess a blood elf female paladin on Feathermoon
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You win Gregory! :)
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
What characters are listed for me? o_O
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
04/12/2012 02:32 PMPosted by Beriana
The ignore button next to your character leaks your license ID. Any piece of software specifically designed to data-mine those IDs and associate them with character names will, over time, learn about all your characters if you post with them.

What ignore button? I don't know of a forum ignore.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]