..::== STORY CIRCLE ==::..

90 Blood Elf Priest
I have have met some very inspirational people here both alliance and horde side and now I wish to share some good RP in the form of a circle. You don't have to be good at rp, you don't even have to contribute. You showing up for the support and enjoying a story told by me would be enough!

This will be a weekly event starting today. Every Friday at 6-7 server start time in the Filthy Animal Inn in Dalaran, or the Bazaar near the bank in Silvermoon. (obviously horde only)

I hope to see many people! Please enjoy!

(rules: no violence and please no trolls)

[note: I know this event already occurred but it will be another one this upcoming Friday]
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I thought this was a different type of Circle. disappointed when I reread the title. :( I R SAD PANDA!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
04/16/2012 11:55 AMPosted by Koåwood
I thought this was a different type of Circle. disappointed when I reread the title. :( I R SAD PANDA!

what did you think it was :S
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Having a hard time deciding which story to tell this upcoming week.
Here are the titles as I don't want to give away too much!

The Cromera
In light and blood
From the Ashes

Reply with your suggestions!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Story circle will be held Friday night. In the Barrens, in a special location near wailing caverns.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
..::== STORY CIRCLE ==::.. Tonight at 6pm server time. It will be in the Barrens in a special spot. You do not need to be good at RP, don’t even have to contribute. This is the 2nd event and a new story tonight! Please come out and enjoy a good time. [side not: there are poster’s posted up in all the major cities displaying this event as well] Any questions! ASK here!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Story went well!
better turnout this week even with the harder to get to location!
Thanks and Kudo's to everyone who came out means alot! <3's

Lemme know what you thought, and see you next week!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
..::== STORY CIRCLE ==::..

Icly- Posters put up in every inn. And in places about the city.

An event. Starting at 6pm servertime. There is a small cave ABOVE the wailing caverns in the barrens.

You don’t have to be good at rp, you don’t have to contribute. Just come out and have a good time at my expense. Whisper kairalie in game for more details if you need them, or if you would like an actual invite to the event.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I only ever see you advertising these maybe an hour or so ahead of the time you want to start, and you keep switching the days--and you generally tend to hit a day where there are already established events happening, like Wendy's Aside, or Fancy Cakes Hside.

There's a calendar of events up on Haven, and I think here in the sticky threads at the top of the forum too; you can check to see what is a decent evening. A lot of folks raid early in the reset week, or on weekends; something else to keep in mind.

There are often already events happening on good evenings. Some events do share nights, but offset their times; one starts early, so another starts later, or they start even earlier. Many events start by default at 7pm server time--MST--so keep that in mind!

Letting folks know ahead of time and establishing a set night and time will help get more people to come--not always, there will be slow nights, but consistency is important to making a place people know they can go for RP. It will also give others a chance to prep and share their stories.

Good luck, and keep at it!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I only ever see you advertising these maybe an hour or so ahead of the time you want to start, and you keep switching the days--and you generally tend to hit a day where there are already established events happening, like Wendy's Aside, or Fancy Cakes Hside.

There's a calendar of events up on Haven, and I think here in the sticky threads at the top of the forum too; you can check to see what is a decent evening. A lot of folks raid early in the reset week, or on weekends; something else to keep in mind.

There are often already events happening on good evenings. Some events do share nights, but offset their times; one starts early, so another starts later, or they start even earlier. Many events start by default at 7pm server time--MST--so keep that in mind!

Letting folks know ahead of time and establishing a set night and time will help get more people to come--not always, there will be slow nights, but consistency is important to making a place people know they can go for RP. It will also give others a chance to prep and share their stories.

Good luck, and keep at it!

Yea sometimes the only problem with that is I'm a paramedic and on call alot so I sometimes miss the regular dates and times I plan for these.. thats why these are so irregular at times.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I was wondering if it was your work schedule. You may want to get a partner to help out and kick things off on nights you can't be there. Just a thought!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
05/01/2012 02:11 PMPosted by Alynore
I was wondering if it was your work schedule. You may want to get a partner to help out and kick things off on nights you can't be there. Just a thought!

Problem with that is I can't trust anyone with them. They take credit.. when I've done the work. Seems no one wants to put forth the amount of effort required to push one of my events off the ground. It's fine though, If I can't be there one night it is supposed to be I will wait till the next week.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Problem with that is I can't trust anyone with them. They take credit.. when I've done the work. Seems no one wants to put forth the amount of effort required to push one of my events off the ground.

If you see it as yours alone and something you do to show off your own stuff, rather than to facilitate RP...well, OK then.

Many of the tavern events--particularly the Golden Leaf for all those years--wouldn't have survived without teamwork over time. And yes, it is possible to share the effort, and the credit. I helped to run an event for several months--my problem came when the originator completely abandoned it on me. Most people are pretty happy to just be a helping hand.

One of the criticisms I've seen of the Story Circle, aside from the inconsistency and not knowing about it until it's time to start, is that it's just one person telling stories, which is boring for some folks; they are going there to...sit quietly and listen. The term "story circle" usually implies a sharing going on. If you just want to tell stories, and can't make consistent times in game, post them up on these forums and/or Haven. That way you can control and have credit for everything, if it's a spotlight for your creativity that you want.

If you want an interactive roleplaying event people are eager to attend because they get to contribute and interact with new folks and hear new stories from multiple people, consider alternate ways to run the event.

Or don't, it's up to you!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]