Which race has the best looking totems

90 Tauren Paladin
Feel free to tell why
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
On this page, in order, totems are Tauren - Dwarf - Orc - Troll
http://www.tigerboo.com/2009/11/new-totem-skins-announced.html

Next are the Draenei
http://www.worldofmatticus.com/give-me-patch-notes-and-i%E2%80%99ll-give-you-totems/

And the Pandaren
http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/03/29/pandaren-shaman-totems-revealed/

I kinda like the tauren ones the most, followed by Draenei.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Not like you are gonna spend a ton of time looking at your totems when they make you drop 1 at a time in MoP.
Unless you get the glyph...I didn't on Beta
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Personally I dislike Goat totems.. err Draenei.. I prefer the Tauren or the Troll myself.. but shrug.. This toon will be a fat teddy bear soon enough with decent looking totems..
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Troll > Draenei > Pandaren > Dwarf > Tauren > Orc > Goblin

Troll totems are simple yet unique. The goblin ones are just too busy imo...
Reply Quote
Troll > Draenei > Pandaren > Dwarf > Tauren > Orc > Goblin

Troll totems are simple yet unique. The goblin ones are just too busy imo...

Pretty much agree with this, but more like orc = tauren > dwarf
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
troll>dranei>goblin>the rest> orc
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Troll > Pandaren > Dwarf > Draenei > Tauren > Goblin > Orc
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Orc Totems are best. Because I'm an Orc. Because they have Wolves on them. Because I'm biased.

Trolls are second.
Edited by Nunthak on 4/16/2012 4:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Troll>>>>>>Goblin>Draenei>everything
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Trolls
Tauren
Everyone else
Draenei
Pandaren(everything about them is terrible lol)
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Troll or Tauren for Horde and Draenei for Alliance, imo. I really like Pandaren totems as well.
Reply Quote
84 Human Death Knight
how can you go past Orc Totems...
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
troll>tauren>dwarf=draenai>orc>pandaren>goblin(they seem to focus on mechanics rather then spirits)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Tauren totems (needs to be updated but still the best) and Dwarf totems are at the top

-I like that Shamans have a this Northern Native American theme and really REALLY like the mini totem pole idea. The Tauren and the Dwarf are the only two that really look like totem poles though. If you showed any of the other totems to someone who doesn't play or know much about wow, they would never have guessed that they are totems.

Trolls totems are next

-Basically, the only leverage it has over the other non-totem totems, is that each one is different. That is a cool feature.

Orcs, Pandas, and Dreanei totems all tie

-They aren't really good, but they are not really bad either. Again, none of them look like totems though.

Goblins are by far the worst

-Their totems are too busy for such as small object that is out of the focus area. They are very industrial and very anti-shaman. The animation is dumb; its a drill that pops up from the ground... only to drill downward... but remains stationary... what?!? In other words, they just slopped a thoughtless, illogical animation together, in an attempt to make it "cooler." They are just gross.

_____

I still think they did a pretty good job with the totems (except the goblins), but I think they lost direction from the original design. I wish I could have my old totems back :(
Edited by Voodookie on 4/17/2012 10:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Goblins are by far the worst

-Their totems are too busy for such as small object that is out of the focus area. They are very industrial and very anti-shaman.

Goblins are anti-shaman. I for one enjoy their little totems, no matter how... industrious they are.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Can't believe there are so many goblin totems haterz out there.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Some people forget that machinery is a natural element too. Familiar with the Chinese concept of Gold or Metal as an element? Metal represents all things in nature that are not naturally occurring, but rather constructed or happening because of things that do occur naturally. If I take a stick and tie a staone to it and make a hammer, I combined Wood and Earth elements with Metal and created a Hammer. Shaman totems represent this idea; that natural forces can alter and twist other natural forces into something else.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]