Why are you wanting to ban recount?

(Locked)

85 Gnome Mage
Okay listen bads, The Looking for Bad gear you win why don't you gem and enchant it read up how to actually play your class and then maybe you won't suck so much! Anyways, Yeah, Don't ban recount It's a good addon.
90 Troll Shaman
...who said anything about banning recount?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guilt_by_association

"Some WoW players want to ban Recount."
"Some 'bad' players want recount out."
"Therefore, if you want Recount banned, you are 'bad.'"
85 Gnome Mage
Ive seen like 4 or 5 posts about banning it, I don't know if it is. But, I don't want it banned.
85 Gnome Mage
04/16/2012 03:54 PMPosted by Dinkle
But your post is rather mean and harsh.

I'm a rather mean and harsh gnome.
85 Tauren Druid
People still use recount?

Skada man... Skada.
85 Human Rogue
04/16/2012 03:48 PMPosted by Jinyy
Okay listen bads, The Looking for Bad gear you win why don't you gem and enchant it read up how to actually play your class and then maybe you won't suck so much! Anyways, Yeah, Don't ban recount It's a good addon.
You like making stuff up so you can pull out your epeen and flaunt how large it is? Get over yourself.
Edited by Elohel on 4/16/2012 3:59 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Priest
It's not going to be banned.

But your post is rather mean and harsh.

Morons deserve nothing less than to be treated in a mean and harsh fashion.

People who complain that Recount is bad for this game are morons.
59 Goblin Hunter
why don't you gem and enchant

This is the one that kills me, I'll gem and chant stuff I know I am replacing in a few days.
100 Draenei Paladin

To be fair, I've yet to see a rational reason to ban it.

To be fair, I've yet to see a rational reason to ban it.

I myself am not in favour of a ban (hell even I use Recount myself to look at my own dps) but the majority of the players using the tool are doing so to advance WoW's sub-standard playerbase by labelling those who don't fit their criteria (Blizzard's criteria notwithstanding) "bad."

At least that's one tool Diablo 3 lacks.
Edited by Krazykrazy on 4/16/2012 4:04 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't want the addon banned. I want posting it in raid chat to be banned. Those of us that care about the numbers have recount/skada. The only reason people post in raid chat is to flex their epeen.
85 Tauren Paladin
My thoughts on Recount (and similar):

Recount/Skada is a tool, when used properly, tells a story about what happened in an encounter. Yeah one chapter of that story is DPS but there are so many other good chapters! Interrupts, damage taken, damage done, uptimes, dispels, deaths... I can get lost in a World of Logs post. All the graphs and information telling me exactly what was happening. Fascinating really.

Read the whole book and you might end up liking it ;)

♥ Aune
Edited by Aune on 4/16/2012 4:10 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Mage
As much as I despise recount, I don't think it's a good idea to ban it. Overall, it's a good add-on which helps to improve yourself. Problem is, the majority of players don't have a clue how to use it. It's a bad player make add-on look bad - issue, as usual.
I have another idea to anyone who seeks to boost a party-member's ability to play:

Instead of berating them for a lack of DPS/skill, if you know their class, politely give them a suggestion on how to play his/her class and in this particular boss battle. Else, it's better not to rant about how "bad" someone else is.
85 Blood Elf Paladin

Cool you cleared normal DS twice I can see why you think you are so much better than players who do not pull "Sufficient" dps but, I would recommend not calling people "Bads" until you start clearing heroic content personally I myself do heroic progression but never call anyone bad because I know there is always someone out there better than me, take the advice it works wonders.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]