NVIDIA Display settings are not available.

14 Human Hunter
"You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU"

I just turned my new computer on and got this message. I haven't got internet on my desktop yet, and havent installed the drivers for it from Geforce.com Could this be why??
Reply Quote
14 Human Hunter
I also don't have win. 7 activated yet..
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Well, get 7 activated, then use latest drivers from GeForce.com.
Reply Quote
14 Human Hunter
Do you think it will honestly make a difference? In device manager I tried manually searching forupdates and none were found forthecard
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah, you must install the drivers from nVidia for the graphics card to work correctly. Also install the necessary drivers for other parts of the system, such as motherboard chipset, ethernet port, audio, etc.
Reply Quote
14 Human Hunter
Do I get those drivers from one of the cds?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Well, you have another computer that can access the internet.

I would not bother with the CD.

For the motherboard drivers, visit the manufacturer's webpage, find your motherboard model, then download the appropriate version (of OS) of drivers for your motherboard. Put it on a USB thumb drive or something, then install it on the new PC.

For the graphics, download it from GeForce.
Edited by Kalganized on 4/16/2012 4:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
14 Human Hunter
Motherboard model?
Reply Quote
14 Human Hunter
I already used the cd and manually got some nvidia drivers... ver. 296.10
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah, who made your motherboard, and what model is it?
Reply Quote
14 Human Hunter
uhh...Have no clue honestly.This is the comp. I have spoken to you before. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229262
Reply Quote
14 Human Hunter
I am doing a system restore to see ifanything changes
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Download CPU-Z, and run it on the new computer. Motherboard section will tell you the company that made it, and the model name.

But the CD had 296.10? That's the latest WHQL drivers. It's possible that the CD they gave you contains latest drivers for the motherboard as well.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
04/16/2012 03:53 PMPosted by Alldayerrday
"You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU"
The drivers that Windows automatically installs often do this, they obviously aren't the full driver package. With such Windows update drivers, you'll get this kind of message from nvpanel and also from stuff that messes directly with the cards, like MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision.

I've also successfully installed drivers before activating Windows, but stuff seems to work better once it's all set up correctly.
Reply Quote
14 Human Hunter
I guess I can't really see much until I get internet...any cause why i would get that error though?(getting a wireless usb card here in a bit)
Reply Quote
14 Human Hunter
I havent even installed any windows updates..no internet
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
As mentioned, use driver CDs they supplied. Install motherboard drivers from them.
Reply Quote
14 Human Hunter
Re-trying themotherboard disc now.
Reply Quote
14 Human Hunter
installing GIGABYTE utilities... (ill keep updating)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]