My Feeling Blizzard-

86 Draenei Paladin
Its not just about the beta key though. The Beta-Key is the straw that have broken the Pallys Back
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
04/17/2012 03:43 PMPosted by Alistina
Its not just about the beta key though. The Beta-Key is the straw that have broken the Pallys Back

Cool.

Can you summarize? Too much fluff for concern.
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Paladin
Abridged Version-

Blizz you have frustrated me like nothing else- I am tired the favoritism you throw out in the game.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
04/17/2012 03:41 PMPosted by Ziari
TL;DR: Didn't get mah beta key.
Really? What I got from it was issues with PvP that I agree with.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
04/17/2012 03:51 PMPosted by Alistina
favoritism

04/17/2012 03:38 PMPosted by Alistina
I still have not received my Beta-Key

hmm now where have I heard this before

Raiders have a plethora of gear,and trinket options.

I do agree with this though...being stuck with 1 option of a mace for PvP sucks :c
Edited by Breadsticks on 4/17/2012 3:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
04/17/2012 03:41 PMPosted by Dpoz

This thread in 7-8 words. Saved everyone else the headache.

thanks..read the first paragraph...kept scrolling ...looked at the clock to see I had 5 minutes left at work and said screw it. :)
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Paladin
lol
Reply Quote
27 Gnome Rogue
I still have not received my Beta-Key-

Why didn't you just say that instead of blinding us all?
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Paladin
yeah,know looking at it now.... I wrote a ton.....
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
You know, there is one interesting thought I did get out of this (not to say the rest had no value, it's just that this one facet sparked something in my head).

PvE is about... saving Azeroth as a whole.

PvP is about fighting the war between Horde and Alliance.

I'd never thought about the distinction.

Sorry, a bit of derail there. Didn't mean to. Just sort of struck me.
Reply Quote
10 Troll Warlock
04/17/2012 03:41 PMPosted by Ziari
TL;DR: Didn't get mah beta key.

Might need to be expanded to
TL;DR, I didn't get my beta key. And also I feel like I'm not being rewarded with the prizes you offer for high end raiding for the simple fact that I don't raid since scripted fights don't interest me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
04/17/2012 03:41 PMPosted by Dpoz

This thread in 7-8 words. Saved everyone else the headache.

Thanks. :)
Reply Quote
68 Undead Priest
Hyperbole. How tiring.
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Paladin
I could care less about the Beta-Key- Its one sentence out of paragraphs of other complaints- I figured Iam on a roll (or so I thought) an added

04/17/2012 04:09 PMPosted by Vyndal

I knew I shouldn't have because it has destroyed the entire meaning of what I wrote.
But nothing I can do about it now. Just have to deal with it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You'll get into beta soon enough, don't worry, you'll have plenty of time to play in the beta before MoP is released. :)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
How long have you been playing WoW? I am not going to defend HoT content, Blizzard dropped the ball with this one, it is meant to hold out players for ~8 months? Not going to happen, not enough there and the nerf bat came out to early. But, over all the game has had great improvements over the years. Unfortunately, as some changes have been for the better, there have been some changes that have not. Yet, there is an engrossing story line and characters that have become important to people.

Customer support has always been there, this game has been excellent on providing a constant customer support base, even if at times it can take days to get a problem resolved. A lot of games do not or would not support their fan base as well as Blizzard has. Some of the changes that have made their way into the game have come from player suggestions.

PvE vs PvP gear. Really, as a PvP it must be nice to be able to buy all your gear and hit max ilevel in just a couple month. I've been raiding DS since week one and still can't finish out a few slots because that gear has a low drop rate and I've never seen it. There really isn't that much variety in PvE gear either. If you let players purchase all their PvE gear they would look just as homogenized as PvP geared players.

The game is designed to fulfill many different playing desires. PvP, raiding, economics, questing and achievements are just a few things that players can pass their time while playing. You simply sound like another player that wants it all without having to put any effort into the game outside of the areas that you want to play. If I had one complaint, it would be that blizzard has made the game to easy. Where are the long drawn out quests lines like the one to open AQ gate? Where are the quests that you need to party in order to complete?

You may be guaranteed to a beta invite, but your going to be in for a big let down. If you think the active game "sucks" now, wait. Beta is full of problems still. Quests don't function and there are areas in the game that will crash you repeatedly. If your post is any indication of your person, I suspect that you are going to be another player that gets into beta, QQs how it sucks and have no critical input to help fix MoP content before it goes live.

QQing because you don't think you are being listened to helps no one. Changes take time and not every suggestion posted in forums is going to be taken into consideration. Your subscription fees do not give you exclusive creative rights, it only gives you the right to join in WoW and play.
Edited by Marylight on 4/17/2012 4:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
What would be more effective than a bit of a ramble is to pick very specific things you feel could be improved upon and post your suggestions in the appropriate forums.

Sometimes with the developer FAQs or Ghostcrawler's blog posts we get a little insight into things as well. Other times, guesses can be made as to design intent.

For example:

While PvPers have to fight against someone who may think,faster,react faster,or play better. The strategies are far deeper and more complex than any raid can hope to have. Yet we barely get any good gear by comparison, 2200 gear doesnt even improve stats anymore.

Just thinking about the way PvE works versus PvP, I would ask this:
When you are fighting another player in BGs or Arenas, things like the enemy's health aren't scaling higher because of the level of the battle. They only scale higher based on better gear. If more and better gear was regularly released, instead of being a battle of skill, would not PvP turn into a gear "arms race" in which the person with the most time to get good gear first has a huge advantage?

Now, you could probably have a discussion about this with other players in the PvP forums and learn lots of different perspectives on whether having constantly improving gear to have to earn would be better or not - and even make your suggestion there and provide the reasons you think it more logical.

Ideally, stick to a single topic of discussion or suggestion in a thread - and search first to see if others have made similar (or even opposing) suggestions. There don't need to be sixteen threads saying "give PvP better trinkets".

Good luck!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]