Changes to Inactive Guild Leader Replacement

90 Draenei Shaman
01/17/2013 10:08 PMPosted by Tcjester
I'm a level 90 noob, so even after reading the blues post I still may need this spelt out for me - under the guild rank I'm listed as Guild Master. So am I the boss? and did this happen automatically, only noticed an hour ago, and I'm trying to get info on this.

Looks to me like the previous gm promoted the only level 90 to gm, then gquit. Congratulations. Feel free to ask any questions about guild leadership in this forum.

You're also, by far, the top weekly contributor.
Edited by Nebliina on 1/18/2013 8:04 AM PST
90 Draenei Shaman
I wish this was still a sticky. Had a bit of a time finding it to link for a recently dethroned gm.
90 Blood Elf Priest
so...my GM has been inactive for over 3 months now. My husband and myself are nearly the only ones ever on, and are rank 3 I believe. We do not see the option to dethrone. We have leveled the guild from 10 to 25 by ourselves so it would be nice to stay. However, an officer pops on from time to time to check his mail, so does that mean we cannot see it and only he has the option because the officer is technically "active" ? Help!
90 Draenei Death Knight
If that officer is signing in once every 3 months yes, as they outrank you. They are the ones in control.
90 Human Warrior
You should be able to dethrone at this

so...my GM has been inactive for over 3 months now. My husband and myself are nearly the only ones ever on, and are rank 3 I believe. We do not see the option to dethrone. We have leveled the guild from 10 to 25 by ourselves so it would be nice to stay. However, an officer pops on from time to time to check his mail, so does that mean we cannot see it and only he has the option because the officer is technically "active" ? Help!

You should be able to dethrone whenever you are the highest ranked member online as you are rank 2. A few things to check first:

1) has it truly been 90 days? 3 months and 90 days may not be exactly equal. There could be a few day lag time.
2) The rank 0 toon has not popped on for a few seconds here and there at all? (this would be confirmed when you make sure its actually 3months/90 days from step 1
3) You have been on and actually been the highest rank online every time on?

If so I would open a ticket. Don't say you are opening a ticket to dethrone. Open the ticket for help with a feature not working. Explain that as near as you can tell the dethrone feature is not working. You are of an appropriate guild rank, your gm has been offline the required # of days and nobody on is a higher rank than you. Ask them why you don't have the button and would like help using the feature properly, the way it was intended.
90 Draenei Priest

According to the roster of your guild, there are several players who hold the rank above you. If your GL (we'll call him/her Rank 0 - as the armory shows it) has been gone for 3 months the option will only show to those players in Rank 1 who have been online sometime during the 3 month absence.

If there is a player online that is Rank 1 that is the only player to which the option will be visible. It is worth mentioning that the option can only be seen in the guild's "News and Events" tab.

If no player who holds Rank 1 uses the option it will become visible to players in Rank 2 (there is nothing that I can see that states a specific time frame, but I believe it is 7 days). However...should a player in Rank 1 log on before a player in Rank 2 uses the option it will no longer be visible to Rank 2 until such time as no Rank 1 players are active for the specified amount of time (thinking 7 days).

So...you'll need to watch the "News and Events" tab on a daily basis and use it as soon as it pops up. Watch the "last long-in" note for all players in Rank 1.

Another option would be to speak with whoever it is that holds Rank 1 and is logging in. You may be able to give them reason to take the option and pass leader on to you.

You can submit a ticket but Blizzard has make it pretty clear that GM's no longer take any action in Guild Leader replacement affairs. You might get lucky and get a softie though, it doesn't happen often but it does happen.

Good luck!
87 Tauren Druid

If there is a player online that is Rank 1 that is the only player to which the option will be visible. It is worth mentioning that the option can only be seen in the guild's "News and Events" tab.

This is actually not true, unless Blizzard has changed this in the last couple of months. When my husband and I came back from hiatus (only us in our guild) we got a message as soon as we logged on in any alt that wasn't the GM until the GM was logged into. It just popped up on the screen, the same way a group invite does.
90 Draenei Shaman
From the first page of this thread:

Ascent to the rank of guild leader is now only available to guild members at Rank 2, 3, or 4, where the guild leader is considered Rank 1.

No where is it specified that dethroning is offered in order of rank. Many of us have asked for that to be added, but I don't believe it has been.
90 Human Warrior
From the first page of this thread:

Ascent to the rank of guild leader is now only available to guild members at Rank 2, 3, or 4, where the guild leader is considered Rank 1.

No where is it specified that dethroning is offered in order of rank. Many of us have asked for that to be added, but I don't believe it has been.

actually, the very next line indicates that its in order of rank for people logged in:

Inactive guild leader replacement now requires 90 days of absence, up from 30 days.Ascent to the rank of guild leader is now only available to guild members at Rank 2, 3, or 4, where the guild leader is considered Rank 1.
The option to dethrone the guild leader is only visible to the highest-ranked player logged in at any given time.
90 Orc Death Knight
I am in a guild where i have opportunity to dethorne the GM but since i stopped playing tihis character for a long time the GM made my rank newbie. So how i can dethrone the GM even if i want to as i have no rights. How can this be corrected when no-one of ranking ever logs on, so my guild status can be changed? I am basically the only memeber that logs under this guild anymore. Any advice?
7 Tauren Paladin
How can this be corrected when no-one of ranking ever logs on, so my guild status can be changed? I am basically the only memeber that logs under this guild anymore. Any advice?

I am sorry to tell you that it can not be corrected.. your choices are to stay or leave, frankly the guild is as good as dead.. I would start looking for a new guild, good luck
87 Tauren Druid
Post a ticket to Blizzard. They can do it the old fashioned way.
7 Tauren Paladin
Post a ticket to Blizzard. They can do it the old fashioned way.

Actually they will not. I have had a few friends that tried to do that and they were told no.
Though it does not hurt.

The fact is Blizz made changes to prevent lower levels from ever taking the guild. The Op was MIA which was why he was demoted. If he had stayed active on that toon he likely would have been able to dethrone the old guild leader.. But right now he really has only two choices stay and hope that maybe the guild leader will return or someone who is rank 2 or three can promote him to his old rank or leave.

Frankly I would leave and not waste any more of my time go after a guild that really was not mine.. If the Op wants to be guild leader he can easily create his own
90 Undead Hunter
I was away from the Guild that I started and was dethroned as the Guild Master, yet this was a Guild I created for myself and my daughter. All that is left in the Guild is the Guild Master and 3 other players, myself included who are all Assistant GM's with a Guild Ranking of 1. Am I going to be able to dethrone the current GM when the 90 days is up? Can anyone help me figure this out. All the other Guildies are like level 5 and under and I really want to salvage my Guild. Thanks in advance!
90 Human Warrior
I was away from the Guild that I started and was dethroned as the Guild Master, yet this was a Guild I created for myself and my daughter. All that is left in the Guild is the Guild Master and 3 other players, myself included who are all Assistant GM's with a Guild Ranking of 1. Am I going to be able to dethrone the current GM when the 90 days is up? Can anyone help me figure this out. All the other Guildies are like level 5 and under and I really want to salvage my Guild. Thanks in advance!

If you are rank 1 and the rank 0 person is offline for 90 days or more, then yes, you can dethrone him.
90 Night Elf Priest
Technically speaking to those saying this was implemented and whatnot, it was always this way, you just had to put in a ticket and blizzard would pass guild leader. I know because I put in a ticket to dethrone a guild leader before they made it easier for someone to claim it without having to put in a ticket and wait for GM to respond
90 Troll Shaman
I started my guild around 5 years ago after my original guilds GM had to leave for personal reasons. We invited anyone that wanted to come along from the old abandoned guild. Since Iraq , wrath many players have been absent so I changed their status to new player but did not kick them. I solely paid for the guild, tabs, and all contents of the guild bank. Since the new guild ranking system went into effect 3 family members have leveled our guild from 1 to 24.
I have all my alts as guardian level 2's. I can understand how other members of guilds may feel if they have a GM but I guess the most important thing is whether or not the person dethroning actually contributed anything to that guild. I have 5 years into mine. If I quit playing wow tomorrow, then I would decide who to put in charge and sign over the guild. I really don't think anyone but me as GM should be making that decision, unless it was truly a joint effort and the other person has equal time and money into it.
90 Troll Shaman
I forgot to mention its kinda technical. I have 15 or more toons to level from 85 to 90 so even if i was to level the GM last, I still would have been logged in to an alt so technically someone could try to dethrone me under blizzards new policy I guess. But realistically I think it would be stealing since the guild was not started by a group of players.
90 Draenei Shaman
Hi Jeldor. I don't think Blizzard is going to make it easier to dethrone the gm; this policy has been in effect for over a year now. Your guild is in no danger of dethroning as long as your gm character logs in at least once every 3 months. Furthermore, no one below the rank of the character named Volpix is able to dethrone ever. As long as the rank Volpix is in, and all ranks above that, are only filled with your characters, you could never be dethroned even if you were absent over 90 days.

To be clear....in your extended absence, Volpix or any character in that rank or above could dethrone.

This gives you, as gm, complete control over when and who could dethrone. If you are dethroned under this policy, it's your own responsibility.

Please remember that this policy is intended to suit the needs of a wide variety of guilds and gms. You can protect yours from dethroning. I, a gm who wants to be sure my guild can carry on if I disappear, can protect mine from complete abandonment.

Honestly, yours is better protected, because that 90 day wait to dethrone can be deadly in an active guild if the officers aren't cooperative and loyal with each other. My guild is much too big to load up the top 3 ranks with only gm-worthy guildies.
90 Draenei Shaman
I'm bumping this thread because the topic came up today.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]