MOP The Samurai armor goes to.....rogues???

(Locked)

100 Human Warrior
hello posters

I wish to throw an interesting question out there to see if blizzard, or someone with more of a clue then i, could explain something for me. I went on wowhead recently and discovered some of the new sets. To my surprise, they actually had a samurai set. I am a samurai enthusiast, to say the least, but I never would have thought that they'd make a set since MOP is more Chinese than Japanese. (or so I thought).

However, what confuses me is that the set is.... leather, not plate. (Yes, I know that the starting samurai armor was lacquered leather, but they did evolve into steel plates) Leather wearers are druids, monks, and rogues. The rogue is the closest I could see to a samurai, maybe more ronin, but I still fail to see why it went to leather and not plate. Samurai were known to be archers, thus the mail set is also samurai-ish, but they were also romanticized to be swordsmen. While a rogue can use two katanas, they can't use a two hander, which would better characterize the Bushido image. A warrior would be more toward the image, which would mean plate armor.

So, I see some logic in the choice, but I have to ask, why leather and not plate? This confuses me and makes me wish we could transmogrify sets of the wrong armor type...
88 Dwarf Warrior
I cant find any of the sets to see what you mean, other than the tier 14 warrior. I agree with you though. I was hoping they would use this expansion to throw in Japanese and Korean and other martial arts into the game too. And lets me use a damn spear. I LERV SPEERS
85 Human Warrior
I liked vanilla polearms :(
90 Blood Elf Paladin
http://www.wowhead.com/guide=5.0&items#generalsets-leather

He's talking about these sets.

Does kind of have a point, weird that leather gets the Samurai looking one (only really fits with monks, and even then not so), but it's not as if we'll be using this gear forever. Sides, Plate does have that kinda funky/cool looking Shogun armor.
100 Human Warrior
My best guess is that since this expac is more chinese than japanese or any other asiatic culture it made sense that the "samurai" set wouldn't be an overly important thing to figure out who truly "deserves" it.
85 Tauren Warrior
04/17/2012 09:03 PMPosted by Rhuiner

They should bring back polearms for warriors. The warlord pig sticker is the best looking one.
85 Human Warrior
04/18/2012 08:15 AMPosted by Jabokah

They should bring back polearms for warriors. The warlord pig sticker is the best looking one.

I know right??
90 Worgen Warrior
but it's not as if we'll be using this gear forever. .

what.
90 Orc Warrior
04/18/2012 08:15 AMPosted by Jabokah

Agreed.
100 Human Warrior
Wait if...MoP is chinese based...why would there be samurai?
100 Human Warrior
Its more Oriental than either, but I'm just shocked that the samurai looking armor went to leather. I badly want to transmog to a samurai set, but alas, my dreams are crushed....

There are some older sets that look samurai set, but I was hoping we'd get something... newer and better designed.

I hoping that its an error and that it is actually plate armor, or worse case, copy paste the skin design over for some plate stuff.

*crosses fingers*
90 Blood Elf Warrior
samurai are japanese knights.

would a rogue wear a set of knight's armor?

NO HE FREAKING WOULDN'T. A WARRIOR WOULD.

/thread
90 Orc Warrior
It's probably because the Ninja motiff has been done to death for Rogues and they couldn't think of anything else.
85 Orc Warrior
Rogue can just mean loaner.
90 Orc Warrior
Well I looked at the Warrior T14 set already. I can say that I am pleased with what we got.
Edited by Thirtydeep on 4/20/2012 11:34 AM PDT
85 Orc Warrior
04/20/2012 10:10 AMPosted by Byt
Because if they gave warriors nice things you guys would run out of things to complain about and these forums would die.

This is true, once cata came out and s9 was in full swing, the warrior forum dried up quickly.
100 Human Warrior
Well, I'm not here to complain. Complaining would result in nothing. The armor, assuming wowhead is 100% correct, is leather. Nothing I say can change that. I personally just want a bit of understanding of the logic.

I do hope warriors get something samurai-ish later on, however.

And to be fair about the ninja thing, look at their challenge set. I think that looks sweet.
Edited by Gilgâmesh on 4/21/2012 12:10 PM PDT
90 Orc Warrior
i have had wood for the samurai armour sicne I seen it once, I am also a samurai enthudiast. I realize that as a war it cont to moged to plate but,... I do have a druid that I would like to pimp out. alas I cant know where to find it
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]