Hello API Forums!

90 Draenei Shaman
Straton can be called many things, I promise you lazy is not one of them!

If Strat is like most IT people then he will be an incredibly industrious person getting more done in one day than most manage to do in two.

IT people may get twice the work done that mortals do, but we still have to find things to do during the dreaded "compile" phase. Unless, of course, one is working with an interpreted language. In which case, we do the following while it is compiling for the first time. Oh god, we hope it only needs to compile once.

http://xkcd.com/303/
PS. Do not try the above on medium or loose knit carpeting. Bad things will follow.

Also, Welcome Mr./Mrs./Ms./Mz. (Did I miss one?) Peratryn! Can we get a sneak peek of the D3 api? Please!?!?!? *Puppy eyes*
Edited by Naidi on 4/17/2012 10:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Welcome, Peratryn! :D

By the way... are you related to Crithto? You look like you came from the same litter as him.
Reply Quote
- Battle.net APIs
100 Night Elf Hunter
i meant no disrespect just a lil fun is all lol
Reply Quote
MVP
58 Blood Elf Death Knight
04/17/2012 05:15 PMPosted by Peratryn
I play a ton of wow, can’t wait for D3 and have way too much ladder anxiety when trying to play Sc2 (For the swarm).

D3 is where it's at, :D.
Reply Quote
3 Night Elf Druid
/cheers :-)

Nice to have you around Peratryn!
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
Ah, Crithto spawned an add! This threat to mankind must be eliminated!
Reply Quote
10 Troll Hunter
@Peratryn
If we put in a request a while back, should we wait before submitting another request or are you taking up the reigns from scratch?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
04/17/2012 09:27 PMPosted by Caermie
If Strat is like most IT people then he will be an incredibly industrious person getting more done in one day than most manage to do in two.

/rant

Except that IT people seem to have no concept of deadlines or time frames.

:<
Edited by Ashin on 4/18/2012 7:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
04/18/2012 03:52 AMPosted by Omegal
Ah, Crithto spawned an add! This threat to mankind must be eliminated!

Clearly we must be in Phase 2 now. Stay out of the fire, watch for adds coming from the portals.

Welcome, Peratryn!
Edited by Chalyss on 4/18/2012 8:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
04/18/2012 07:19 AMPosted by Ashin

/rant

Except that IT people seem to have no concept of deadlines or time frames.

:<

They do, they're just never in sync with any other deadline. :3

I think Strat and Pera are devs, though. Specifically, they're Blizzard devs, which means that their project deadlines are always listed as "Soon" and/or "When it's ready".
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
I'm actually VERY happy to see Blizzard hiring additional staff in the area of UI.

My feeling is that the UI is the lens through which all players experience the game.

This is not the UI forum. This is the Web API forum.
Edited by Hackers on 4/18/2012 9:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
I, for one, welcome our new pug overlord.....
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
04/17/2012 09:04 PMPosted by Peratryn
strat's been lazy byte his butt! and welcome!

Straton can be called many things, I promise you lazy is not one of them!

True story.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
Baby Murlock, Winged Tiger Cub, and a pug. I sense a conspiracy from the pet world. If I see a blue from the .Net group with an avatar with a squirrel. I'll run and hide. Squirrels are the evil of this world.
Reply Quote
Battle.net Developer
04/17/2012 05:57 PMPosted by Falladaren
I have nothing constructive to say excluding "You have the best avatar out of every blizzard forum poster I've seen"

My wife agrees. Unfortunately Crithto did have this avatar first (I mean... he's in the game after all!) so I'm changing over to this cuddly zergling... He's just as cute right?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
This has totally made my day, I know you guys have been busy as heck and I'm so glad to see you get another member of the team. I as well welcome the new puggy overlord, may the code gods be with you!
Reply Quote
10 Troll Hunter

My wife agrees. Unfortunately Crithto did have this avatar first (I mean... he's in the game after all!) so I'm changing over to this cuddly zergling... He's just as cute right?

I would have gone with a panda avatar but the SC one is cool to

edit: reason for the above is your new to the forum and pandas are new as well :D
Edited by Wildatheart on 4/18/2012 11:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]