Hello API Forums!

85 Troll Mage
There is already a blue with a baby panda avatar. The Pandarian Monk on the other hand...
Reply Quote
10 Troll Hunter
Really? Dang, must have missed that one.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
I want to say it's one of the EU Community Managers. But since all of the CM's are using the Spectral Mounts to help promote the Scrolls, I cannot confirm it at this time.

All i can remember is it's a picture of a sleeping baby panda (the one that was given to players who ordered the Collectors Edition of the original Vanilla game.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
04/18/2012 10:58 AMPosted by Peratryn
I have nothing constructive to say excluding "You have the best avatar out of every blizzard forum poster I've seen"

My wife agrees. Unfortunately Crithto did have this avatar first (I mean... he's in the game after all!) so I'm changing over to this cuddly zergling... He's just as cute right?

I just want to hug it and feed it cookies.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
How would one go about requesting an API Key?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
04/18/2012 03:18 PMPosted by Kiwibrown
How would one go about requesting an API Key?

You'll want to email api-support@blizzard.com, and be sure to read http://blizzard.github.com/api-wow-docs/#idp32736 for full details on what to send in the email.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I shall only accept our new Zergling overlord iff we can scrap you for A- and B-type Zerg cells for "research" into curing Human death. I [strike]promise not to[/strike] might duplicate and merge Zerg cells with psychically active Human DNA.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Tauren Druid
Howdy, Peratryn, nice to meet ya!
1 Night Elf Druid
Welcome :)
Reply Quote
- Battle.net APIs
100 Draenei Paladin
@Peratryn can we haz character feeds now? lol
Reply Quote
22 Gnome Rogue
04/19/2012 05:21 AMPosted by Zonous
@Peratryn can we haz character feeds now? lol

I second that request :)
Reply Quote
Battle.net Developer
Character and Guild feeds are added. For characters you need fields=feed and for guild news you need fields=news

This has been added to the documentation. Make sure to post with any problems or issues!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
I like the change. Could be extremely useful for sites such as Wowprogress and GuildOx.

Also, thank you for adding the item set name to the item API. Would still love for the token cost of items, such as Mantle of Dying Light would be great. I will post on the Website bug report about Conquest point items not showing the correct token cost on the website (and thus in turn into the api; it shows it costs gold instead of the conquest points required; such as Cataclysmic Gladiator's Silk Amice.
Edited by Delritha on 4/30/2012 11:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Character and Guild feeds are added. For characters you need fields=feed and for guild news you need fields=news

This has been added to the documentation. Make sure to post with any problems or issues!

Sweet! I look forward to grabbing this info.

On first look, I did notice something interesting. It looks like when a feed lists a BOSSKILL criteria, the 'icon' is listed as 'trade_engineering'. And no icons include the extension (like .jpg), not sure if that's intended, I haven't done much with these anywhere yet.

{

"type":"BOSSKILL",
"timestamp":1334984362000,
"achievement":{
"id":4726,
"title":"Lich King escapes (Halls of Reflection)",
"points":0,
"description":"",
"rewardItems":[
],
"icon":"trade_engineering",
"criteria":[
{
"id":13180,
"description":"Survive the encounter with the Lich King"
}
]
},
Edited by Rukiak on 4/30/2012 11:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Shaman

Oh, that's incredible!
One question though, is it official that 10/25H criteria now included in the API?

--
Kernel@WoWProgress
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage

Oh, that's incredible!
One question though, is it official that 10/25H criteria now included in the API?

--
Kernel@WoWProgress

I think so. I killed 10-man Maly yesterday and this is what came up:

type: "BOSSKILL",
timestamp: 1335714704000,
achievement: {
id: 1391,
title: "Malygos kills (10 player)",
description: "Malygos kills (10 player)",
rewardItems: [ ],
icon: "inv_misc_head_dragon_blue",
criteria: [
{
id: 5137,
description: "Malygos"
}
]
},
featOfStrength: false,
criteria: {
id: 5137,
description: "Malygos"
},
quantity: 8,
name: "Malygos"
Reply Quote
Battle.net Developer
Sweet! I look forward to grabbing this info.

On first look, I did notice something interesting. It looks like when a feed lists a BOSSKILL criteria, the 'icon' is listed as 'trade_engineering'. And no icons include the extension (like .jpg), not sure if that's intended, I haven't done much with these anywhere yet.

Icons do not have extensions in their name, that is correct and intentional.

The icon for many of the kill statistics are listed as the engineering icon:
http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=4726

These are not the same achievement items:
http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=4532

There is no way to reference these stat achievements via our api, which is why we also include the "name" field as part of boss kills.
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Shaman

I wrote about achievement criteria, not bosskill entries.

[{"id":18468,"description":"Madness of Deathwing (10H)"},{"id":18469,"description":"Madness of Deathwing (25H)"}]

Question to Peratryn: are they exposed officially or it's a bug?
Reply Quote
Battle.net Developer

I wrote about achievement criteria, not bosskill entries.

[{"id":18468,"description":"Madness of Deathwing (10H)"},{"id":18469,"description":"Madness of Deathwing (25H)"}]

Question to Peratryn: are they exposed officially or it's a bug?

I don't fully understand what you are asking. It's not a bug that we're including some criteria information with achievements.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Are there any plans to separate the achievements field into something like "achievements" and "criteria"?

Also, might want to update the date on http://blizzard.github.com/api-wow-docs/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]