change the il req to a dps/hps

85 Draenei Hunter
in lfr/dungons you need to change the min itemlevel to a minum dps/hps/survive req. so thatpeople who suck can know they need to work on rotation/gems enchants gear to que for the dungon/lfr
also a auto booter like if you are in ds lfr and you afk or not playing just messing around doing 12kdps it auto boots you. beacues most people that are bad dont know they are bad or in a river in egypt called de nile
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I don't want Jimmy rolling on my loot, so I'll Life Grip him into the ice waves to kill him. Hooray!
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Druid
04/18/2012 03:27 AMPosted by Cougartrap
beacues most people that are bad dont know they are bad or in a river in egypt called de nile

Says the hunter with 3 empty glyph slots and two unenchanted items while wearing two pieces of pvp gear in pve.

Edit for missing the 3 agi/stam gems you're wearing.
Edited by Talino on 4/18/2012 4:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
04/18/2012 04:19 AMPosted by Talino
Says the hunter with 3 empty glyph slots

Those are the minor glyphs, therefore your argument is invalid. One of the missing enchants is also from his pvp head piece.
04/18/2012 04:19 AMPosted by Talino
pvp gear in pve.

Pvp gear is not some terrible terrible thing, if a person knows there class having a few pvp pieces will not hinder them by much
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
The point of the dungeons/LFR, it to get as many people engaged in them as possible, not to train an elite class of WoW players who can raid at heroic levels eventually.

If you're a new subscriber entering a dungeon the 1st time, and get kicked because the dungeon only wants players who are heavily geared/armed, it'll be pretty discouraging and might make you quit WoW. Something Blizzard will not want.

Which is why most dungeons are now made easier, not more difficult. The random dungeon/raid finder is "for the masses".

For those looking for a higher level of game play, there is always the option of joining/forming a guild and admitting only members with likewise gaming commitment.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
I just think they should give 1/2 ilvl point for each correct gem/enchant, and raise the ilvl needed to join a heroic or lfr
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight

Pvp gear is not some terrible terrible thing, if a person knows there class having a few pvp pieces will not hinder them by much

Agreed. There is nothing wrong using the current tier PvP gear for PvE. I have used it (as a tank) and I have tanked/healed dungeons/LFR with players using it, it is not a problem.

It is not optimal but the current dungeon/LFR design is such that you're more likely to die from the mechanics of the game, not so much due to straight up fighting damage.
Edited by Cyberdeth on 4/18/2012 1:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
04/18/2012 01:39 PMPosted by Reimi
I just think they should give 1/2 ilvl point for each correct gem/enchant, and raise the ilvl needed to join a heroic or lfr

I like this idea actually, it encourages players to at least try to explore the use of gems and enchants. You should write a suggestion to Blizzard, who knows, it might get implemented.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
I agree with everything Cyberdeth has said in this thread so far :D.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Vehemently disagree with the OP, and here's why:

04/18/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Cyberdeth
If you're a new subscriber entering a dungeon the 1st time, and get kicked because the dungeon only wants players who are heavily geared/armed, it'll be pretty discouraging and might make you quit WoW.

The point of RNG is that anyone who is eligible to get loot can get loot. If you want a merit-driven system, go join a guild.
Reply Quote
More hps =/= Good healing.

Low hps is usually indicative of BAD healing. But high hps is not usually indicative of good healing. It's entirely possible to blow all your mana such that you are OOM 1 minute before the fight ends. (If everyone did this, the raid would die, and by comparison , the person who didn't would have low hps).
High dps =/= good damage.
Low dps is usually indicative of BAD damage except in cases of spine where dpsing additional stuff = raid wipe.
I think people like the OP should be booted because they don't fit my standards.
Edited by Venomheart on 4/18/2012 5:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
people worse than me shouldnt be able to que
people better than me? elitist pricks.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
Agreed. There is nothing wrong using the current tier PvP gear for PvE. I have used it (as a tank) and I have tanked/healed dungeons/LFR with players using it, it is not a problem.

Acceptable is not an on/off its a sliding scale that can be compensated for. Having said that if your a plate tank in pvp gear that's a big turn off, did you blame healers when you die to a trash pack?

HPS is meaningless which is better on Deathwing, the holy Paladin with 25k hps self targeting holy radiance in the middle of the pack or the Paladin with 16k hps concentrating on the tanks who has used bop and sacrifice appropriately to save tank deaths due to tank failure? Heck I can count the number of times I have seen paladins blowing cooldowns 20 seconds into lfr ultrax, trundling along at 30k hps when not a single person in the raid including the tanks has dropped below 90% hp.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
this is the worst thread ever.
Reply Quote
50 Worgen Rogue
Those are the minor glyphs, therefore your argument is invalid. One of the missing enchants is also from his pvp head piece.

Missing glyph is still a missing glyph. I can see missing maybe 1 minor but all 3? There's no excuse for that. Even minor glyphs help in the slightest.

Yes it is a terrible thing which is why Blizzard is making it so you cannot cheat the ilvl system using it in MoP. Someone going into an instance with 3000 Resilience does not make bosses cringe. People claim they've used it and "done fine" but they're either lying or their definition of "done fine" differs from the rest of the world. Trust me, your 8k DPS is NOT fine.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
The spelling, punctuation, sentence construction, everything about this post is so terrible that it's impossible to read.

I have to say this has to be a troll.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
04/18/2012 03:27 AMPosted by Cougartrap
beacues most people that are bad dont know they are bad or in a river in egypt called de nile
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Missing glyph is still a missing glyph. I can see missing maybe 1 minor but all 3? There's no excuse for that. Even minor glyphs help in the slightest.

The only thing minor's do for Hunters is lower our FD by 5 seconds, which is not needed with how stupid threat is buffed, but we take it anyway in case tanks are being bad and can't threat properly. So no, it doesn't help us even in the slightest, unless you have terribad tanks, then you have more problems than minor glyphs.
Edited by Naumu on 4/19/2012 1:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
I'd like to see some sort of proving grounds trial where you have to perform well enough to beat a scripted fight. Once you beat it, you can queue up for heroic dungeons, the raid finder, whatever. This would be better than a pure gear stat check as it would keep out terrible players in good gear and let in great players in crap gear.

For a damage-dealer, you have to burn down some target before it explodes. You also get waves of low-health attackers that you have to switch between and pop before they reach a finish line.

The healers have to keep a bunch of victims alive by healing them. Or, maybe heal some very, very hurt target to full in a certain amount of time.

The tanks have to protect a bunch of victims from getting hit too much.

In all of these trials, there will be fire on the ground, and you shouldn't stand in it.

Blizzard indicated, a while ago, that they like this basic idea and would talk about it. They had no plans at that time.
Edited by Kathucka on 4/19/2012 1:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
04/19/2012 01:45 AMPosted by Greyhide

Yes it is a terrible thing which is why Blizzard is making it so you cannot cheat the ilvl system using it in MoP. Someone going into an instance with 3000 Resilience does not make bosses cringe. People claim they've used it and "done fine" but they're either lying or their definition of "done fine" differs from the rest of the world. Trust me, your 8k DPS is NOT fine.

please note i said a few pvp pieces, not 3000 worth. Also 377 pvp > 353 pve.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]