Guild Dethrone, is it broken?

4 Blood Elf Mage
04/18/2012 09:13 AMPosted by Eilethalua
Just a follow up, it appears that once again a Guild Leader that is inactive can petition the GM department via ticket and have leadership transferred to another guild member.

I'm not sure that will be available in every case. More likely yours is a special case as both characters / accounts belong to you so guild leader isn't being transferred to someone else , and/or because you petitioned from the guild leader. As the dethrone function still exists (though changed), I would suspect it isn't meant to be bypassed by GMs on a regular basis.

*Edit* Oh, and FYI in case you were unaware - we've been able to pass guild leadership to other members of the guild even if they are offline for a while now. In the future, rather than expend GM time, simply make a point of passing it before you allow a particular account to become inactive. (I believe the command is /gleader charactername )
My point was to let everyone know that even though they changed the guild dethrone time, that a GM will look into the ticket once again. When the dethrone system was introduced they had become hands off on the process. Now if a guild leader became inactive before they were able to make a change and wanted to promote another member to leadership, they can without the guild being hindered by the 90 days wait.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
04/18/2012 10:02 AMPosted by Isabiah
My concern is the crappy guild leader who wants players to churn cash for them while they are off playing SW:TOR. Then they swoop in at the beginning of an xpac and do some leveling, spend the guild's bank, get bored, and go awol for another 9 months. They will ensure that ranks 2-4 are not populated.

In the end.. its responsibility for yourself.

If you feel that your best interests are not at heart for the guild you are in.. its time to find a new guild.

If you want to be informed, you have to do it yoruself, take the time to view all info, etc.

How many people come here after a patch, complainging why something changed (4.3 with teh guild takeover for example)... The information was freely there.. they just chose not take the time to read it an be informed.
Reply Quote
27 Gnome Rogue
Very nice change. Now if people would only stop saying Blizzard doesn't listen.
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
04/18/2012 10:11 AMPosted by Firespark
Now if a guild leader became inactive before they were able to make a change and wanted to promote another member to leadership, they can without the guild being hindered by the 90 days wait.

Again, that wasn't your situation - so that isn't confirmation that they will step into the process.

Your situation was that you were the Guild Leader. As the Guild Leader, the normal process is not the dethrone system, it is the /gleader charactername command. As the account was inactive, you would not be able to do that yourself (without adding game time). So they were able to assist you in that process.

The Guild Dethrone system acts external to the decisions and choices of the Guild Leader. Your results may not prove true for someone hoping to bypass the 90 day wait.
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
My concern is the crappy guild leader who wants players to churn cash for them while they are off playing SW:TOR. Then they swoop in at the beginning of an xpac and do some leveling, spend the guild's bank, get bored, and go awol for another 9 months. They will ensure that ranks 2-4 are not populated.

And those players in those guilds will be free to make a decision - stay in that guild for 9 months for the sole benefit of the Perks or leave and earn up reputation in a guild that matters more to them. No one is forced to remain in a guild like that. (No, even the fact they'd have to work for the reputation again does not mean they are FORCED. Just means it is work.)
Reply Quote
4 Blood Elf Mage
My point was to let everyone know that even though they changed the guild dethrone time, that a GM will look into the ticket once again. When the dethrone system was introduced they had become hands off on the process. Now if a guild leader became inactive before they were able to make a change and wanted to promote another member to leadership, they can without the guild being hindered by the 90 days wait.

Again, that wasn't your situation - so that isn't confirmation that they will step into the process.

Your situation was that you were the Guild Leader. As the Guild Leader, the normal process is not the dethrone system, it is the /gleader charactername command. As the account was inactive, you would not be able to do that yourself (without adding game time). So they were able to assist you in that process.

The Guild Dethrone system acts external to the decisions and choices of the Guild Leader. Your results may not prove true for someone hoping to bypass the 90 day wait.
And again that is what I said - that if a Guild Leader that is inactive petitions they will now look at the ticket and assist if possible.

After they automated the guild dethrone system the GMs were not able to assist when ticketed by an inactive GM, they would reply that you had to wait for the 30 day timer.

*** Read and quote the whole post instead of picking it apart
Edited by Firespark on 4/18/2012 12:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
88 Troll Hunter
04/18/2012 11:42 AMPosted by Eilethalua

And those players in those guilds will be free to make a decision - stay in that guild for 9 months for the sole benefit of the Perks or leave and earn up reputation in a guild that matters more to them. No one is forced to remain in a guild like that. (No, even the fact they'd have to work for the reputation again does not mean they are FORCED. Just means it is work.)

Funny, because that option had always existed. So, why was the dethrone option even available. People could have always left a guild with an inactive leader, and before the guild leveling system, it was even easier.
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Warlock
04/18/2012 10:11 AMPosted by Firespark

The only reason a Game Master was able to help you was because both accounts was registered to you. Nothing has change. if a random guild member asks for the Guild Master position a Game Master cannot help.

04/18/2012 12:38 PMPosted by Firespark
And again that is what I said - that if a Guild Leader that is inactive petitions they will now look at the ticket and assist if possible.

They always did.
04/18/2012 12:38 PMPosted by Firespark
After they automated the guild dethrone system the GMs were not able to assist when ticketed by an inactive GM, they would reply that you had to wait for the 30 day timer.

Only applicable if they were two different players. Of course your comments might be right 90 days is a larger window, so it would make sense, but I doubt it.
Funny, because that option had always existed. So, why was the dethrone option even available. People could have always left a guild with an inactive leader, and before the guild leveling system, it was even easier.

Required a ticket, now its automatic, much faster.
Reply Quote
4 Blood Elf Mage
04/18/2012 04:33 PMPosted by Hathios

The only reason a Game Master was able to help you was because both accounts was registered to you. Nothing has change. if a random guild member asks for the Guild Master position a Game Master cannot help.

My post is about the Guild Master petitioning to give leadership to another guild member, I am NOT talking about another player asking to take over leadership. That is only available through the dethrone system. It also works if the guild master transfers leadership to another player, or if the guild has other players in it.

They always did.

Actually when the guild dethrone system became automated they stopped doing that. I had asked and was told that I would have to wait until the system allowed the guild master to be dethroned.

Only applicable if they were two different players. Of course your comments might be right 90 days is a larger window, so it would make sense, but I doubt it.

It was for the same player as well.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
04/18/2012 02:40 PMPosted by Mokti

Because there is a difference between not agreeing with how a guild is being run, and having a guild abandoned by the guild leader.
Reply Quote
88 Troll Hunter

Because there is a difference between not agreeing with how a guild is being run, and having a guild abandoned by the guild leader.

Yes there is. What's your point.

With this new system, a GM can just assign everyone to ranks 5+ and never need worry about being dethroned, regardless of how long they're gone. A players only recourse is to leave the guild. Prior to this patch, that recourse was deemed unreasonable.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Weither prior to this patch.. or post.. its always been in the power of the person joining, to decide weither to stay or quit.

When joining a guild, i would totaly understand if a GL put me in that rank to start.
But i would also as, what i would have to do, to prove my worth and trust, to be moved out of it. If they said i would never, i would freely move to another guild before i put any time into that one.
Reply Quote
88 Troll Hunter
04/18/2012 05:20 PMPosted by Reenela
Weither prior to this patch.. or post.. its always been in the power of the person joining, to decide weither to stay or quit.

However, prior to this patch, it wasn't considered reasonable, by Blizzard, to insist that people leave a leaderless guild to find a new one.
Reply Quote
14 Blood Elf Priest
04/18/2012 06:23 PMPosted by Mokti
However, prior to this patch, it wasn't considered reasonable, by Blizzard, to insist that people leave a leaderless guild to find a new one.

Ummm...what?

It's still not. If a Guild Leader is gone for 90 days then the leadership can be moved to another higher ranking toon.

Not sure what you mean here or where you're going with this.
Reply Quote
88 Troll Hunter
04/18/2012 06:28 PMPosted by Perl

Ummm...what?

It's still not. If a Guild Leader is gone for 90 days then the leadership can be moved to another higher ranking toon.

Not sure what you mean here or where you're going with this.

That's not entirely true anymore. Now, you can put everyone in ranks 5+ and never need worry about being dethroned.

The details are posted upthread.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]