Cata Greens, why at level 77?

100 Human Paladin
So, there I was, PvP'ing on my rogue. Having the time of my life. When all of a sudden, that flash of yellow light appears around my character and "Congratulations! You've reached level 75!" comes up on my screen. Yay. Woo hoo. /cheer. So, seeing as I like PvP, I decide to do a battleground. Lo and behold, here comes a death knight with 50k health who just one shot me. I say "Ok, just avoid him." Turns out he has a friend. Hunter with the same amount. One shot. Group of people just running around smashing anything in their path. My question is, why can you get the gear if you can't enter the zone?
Reply Quote
15 Blood Elf Hunter
So people can greif. Its to discourage low level pvping or something, Blizzard hate that.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Anything lower than max level pvp will never be balanced, and that includes gear. Just get to 77, get some cata gear, and get some revenge. ;)
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
That disappoints me greatly. All I see on the AH are greens for about 500g.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
04/17/2012 06:14 PMPosted by Smites
That disappoints me greatly. All I see on the AH are greens for about 500g.

Since you have an 85 you can probably get lucky with farming some 80 cata zones. Most 85s can also solo throne of the tides trash easily as well. It may take some time but if you want retribution bad enough, you can get it lol.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
Its pretty bad on Zangar as well, the Cata green prices. Course, we're a PvE server ,so no need for silly things.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
You can solo Blackrock Caverns and Throne of Tides pretty easily at 85 as a pally, so you can farm up some greens, or sell em on the AH for good chunks of money.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
04/17/2012 06:12 PMPosted by Zaestrasza
So people can greif.

I'm not sure about this... though Blizzard is the one who made those cata level 80 greens obtainable at 77/78...

So I guess they want everyone to spend money at the AH to get greens and be gods... and the rest to hate PvP until they also buy that gear.

=(
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
04/17/2012 06:19 PMPosted by Salesperson

Since you have an 85 you can probably get lucky with farming some 80 cata zones. Most 85s can also solo throne of the tides trash easily as well. It may take some time but if you want retribution bad enough, you can get it lol.

Not worth it. Spend an hour farming gear that you'll replace in like a day?

Like I said, if he wants revenge he has the avenues to obtain it. That and farming honor at the 79 bracket is nice for when you hit max level and want to buy a few starter pieces of pvp gear(or convert to JP of course).
Reply Quote
73 Night Elf Druid
04/17/2012 06:19 PMPosted by Salesperson

Not worth it. Spend an hour farming gear that you'll replace in like a day?

the time you pvp during 77-79 and end up with crazy scores in bgs is worth it.
Reply Quote
99 Blood Elf Death Knight
is a rogue complaining about owning people?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
That bracket aside, I don't get why they made the greens available to below 80 if you can't start the Cata zones until 80. It'd be understandable if it worked like Outland/Northrend
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
TBC gear available at 57
Wrath gear available at 67
Cata gear available at...
Reply Quote
97 Night Elf Warrior
Let me add something about the PvE side of this "Cata greens at level 77" story. My guild is level capped at 80 so that we can raid WotLK at level and with appropriate gear. Here I am, trying to tank Wrath heroics in appropriate Wrath gear. Along comes a level 80 shaman with 45k hp doing 6.5k dps, or a level 80 death knight with 55k hp pulling 10k dps, both fully decked out in cata greens.

Try holding aggro against that. Sorry, but it doesn't go well, no matter how good a tank you are. I'm seriously considering investing in a set of Hardened Obsidium plate to wear if I get these crazy people in my random heroic runs. What the heck are they doing running Wrath heroics anyway?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Too bad they're not going to be doing the item squish for MoP, eh?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
Run a few of the beginner Cata dungeons on regular. It pretty much rains greens for level 77 - 79 in there. Take what you need from them and sell the rest, making around 500 per item ;)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
04/17/2012 06:09 PMPosted by Smites
My question is, why can you get the gear if you can't enter the zone?

What zone? A level 1 can go to any zone in Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms, Nothrend, or Outland.

I started farming Mount Hyjal on my druid at level 77 just to farm mats and get better gear while waiting on dungeon ques.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
04/17/2012 06:17 PMPosted by Zzeill
Its pretty bad on Zangar as well, the Cata green prices. Course, we're a PvE server ,so no need for silly things.

I find that it tends to depend on the armor type. Anyway... time to farm and sell for ridiculously low prices!

....actually, maybe later.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Cata Greens, why at level 77?

Because Blizz knows that quest rewards post-75 are junk and going into Mt. Hyjal with Icecrown Quested Junk is a chore.

Not to mention, absolutely horrible itemization in Sholazar/Stormpeaks/Icecrown quest rewards. They knew that the first "round" of people going through Hyjal and Vashj'ir would be people wearing endgame crap from Wrath, while several months to a year plus down the road, you'd see lots of people wearing quested junk going into Hyjal/Vash.

That, and trying to grind up to 80 is a chore these days too. I hate that "omg, 3 levels left....2 levels left.. ONE LEVEL LEFT! before I can start getting REAL quest rewards!" feeling I get when I'm just trying to crawl and scratch my way to Level 80.

Being able to grab a few Cataclysm greens at 77 through 79 makes that grind MUCH easier, especially if I can get a weapon (or two depending on class). Face it, a Cataclysm Axe makes you kill crap in Icecrown a LOT faster, which means I'll be in Hyjal getting REAL quest rewards a lot faster.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]