Next wave of Mists beta invites?

59 Human Death Knight
As soon as we're ready to invite more people to test the beta, we'll let you know as we have with previous waves. :)

It just wouldn't be very helpful if we made an advanced warning announcement that an advanced warning announcement will be coming soon. 'Cause then people would be asking for hints as to when the warning about the warning is coming. Pretty soon they'll want clues about the hints about the warning warning to come before the announced announcement.

<3 Zarhym

People are already getting invites even though there is no post, so who knows!

04/18/2012 05:20 PMPosted by Zarhym
There's virtually no point in that process where publicly providing estimates on when the next wave is coming will be useful, as that whole process generally happens within a matter of hours (not days or weeks).

Woah, you guys move WAY faster than I thought.
/claps for blizz
Edited by Malzel on 4/19/2012 12:00 AM PDT
85 Worgen Druid
I'm still in the no invite club.... Saw everyone getting in so I logged in to check. It wasn't there:(
Been playing since 05
Signed up for AP first week.
Maybe I was overlooked O.o
100 Pandaren Mage
"Get the remaining Annual Pass holders in as quickly as possible so they're given what they've been guaranteed"

BS, by the sound of that we wont get invited until MoP is about to come out.
90 Human Paladin
just got my Beta invite!
100 Human Paladin
04/19/2012 12:28 AMPosted by Warmayje
And wouldn't you know, I go to the Account page to see if there's a way to sabotage my AP by putting in a credit card that's expiring next month, and low and behold, MoP Beta account staring at me. I'm still so pissed though that I don't even care. !@#$ MoP, I'll be in GW2 anyway

So first, you admit that you're trying to renegotiate/cancel the terms of your annual pass, and then you tell Blizzard to "Get $%^-ed" all while they've invited you to the beta as per the annual pass deal.

Are you forgetting that you get Diablo 3 in that deal?

You're classy, bro. Real classy.
34 Troll Rogue
i hope they add more servers
85 Blood Elf Hunter
got mine today
85 Blood Elf Hunter
04/19/2012 12:47 AMPosted by Whillo
just got my Beta invite!

Lier!
85 Night Elf Rogue
so the one time they say we will announce it when we feel like doing it! and then rage about it they dont tell us and start passing them out haha good stuff
70 Tauren Druid

BS, by the sound of that we wont get invited until MoP is about to come out.

It's mid April. The general feeling is MoP will launch July/August .. there are still two whole months left minimum, probably three. You will get in and you will have plenty of time to enjoy the beta experience. They've not even opened up all the content yet. By the looks of it, the majority of AP holders are in.. and there are perhaps one or two waves left. I bet all AP people will be in by the end of April.
Edited by Zerosum on 4/19/2012 1:31 AM PDT
85 Orc Death Knight
04/18/2012 05:20 PMPosted by Zarhym
well, it's now exactly 7 days since the last wave... would be nice at least to have an announcement if they are skipping this week completely or just delayed a day.

It's not a good idea to look at it that way since we're not sticking to an invite schedule. We invite large chunks of Annual Pass holders, then we give it a while to monitor realm stability and population. Each wave of invites has a varied impact on the beta test. We can't know in advance how many of the people invited will start playing right away (if at all), or how often they'll all play, etc.

Once things start to stabilize after invites are sent out and we see more predictable statistics, we'll set up another wave and start inviting more people. It isn't an exact science, which also means it's not very feasible for us to be transparent about every step of the process between waves of invites being sent.

There are a few simple goals with beta:

- Get plenty of people testing all the new content/features so we get solid feedback, as well as address bugs and crashes

- Get the remaining Annual Pass holders in as quickly as possible so they're given what they've been guaranteed

- Make sure the environment is stable enough that we can accomplish the first two goals

Having said all of that, I just want to try and drive the point home that you'll virtually never get an adequate answer when you ask us when another wave of beta invites will be going out. The community team will be notified once the developers and producers are prepared to invite more people. We get the messaging together, localize it as needed, and post as soon as we get the green light. There's virtually no point in that process where publicly providing estimates on when the next wave is coming will be useful, as that whole process generally happens within a matter of hours (not days or weeks).

Aside from being unable to get everyone into the beta myself, I hope this info helps a bit. :)

So let me get this straight. You're going to claim bugs and such get addressed before content goes live but there are bugs that haven't been fixed since the DS beta? That's awesome to hear. I'm glad we experience one person a week dying to a certain bug on Madness, then get a comment like this.
89 Troll Mage
All I know is I've been faithful to Blizz for several years. I got my pre purchase of GW2 and I will be invited to beta test next april 27th. I think I will stick with the first one who give me access to his beta. And I won't plan to return, unless GW2 sucks.

EDIT: after writing this I went to my account and there it was, my MoP beta invite. I guess I must stick to my word and stick to Blizz lol.
Edited by Zaljin on 4/19/2012 1:49 AM PDT
As soon as we're ready to invite more people to test the beta, we'll let you know as we have with previous waves. :)

It just wouldn't be very helpful if we made an advanced warning announcement that an advanced warning announcement will be coming soon. 'Cause then people would be asking for hints as to when the warning about the warning is coming. Pretty soon they'll want clues about the hints about the warning warning to come before the announced announcement.

Since we can't vote up Blue posts, I just wanted to say that this post is awesome.
90 Night Elf Druid
Just got my invite =)
100 Dwarf Hunter
Got my invite. I'm SO extremely happy to have finally gotten my invite a month after everyone else with the annual pass deal have gotten theirs and in what might be the last wave of annual pass invites. I feel so incredibly lucky to have gotten my invite a month after some guy that only started playing 3 months ago got his. Hey, thanks Blizz.
90 Tauren Druid
Just got my Beta invite. Was intending on going to bed but I can't for two reasons... and the beta is one of them!
73 Goblin Rogue
Checked my account after reading this thread, and there was Mists Beta! woot
Invite's still not in my email inbox (not that I care, but for others' information).
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]