Next wave of Mists beta invites?

90 Human Rogue
RELEVANT.

http://izit.org/node/77928
85 Draenei Mage
04/18/2012 02:55 PMPosted by Anron
Why is everyone so anxious to get in? I hate to burst your bubble, but it's not very often you'll get to actually PLAY on the beta. I received my invite a week ago, and have only managed to actually log in once. *Everyone* is rushing to play and log in - and 99% of the time I get errors saying that "the login server is busy." This happens no matter what time of the day or night I try.

this was true late last week, but for the last few days it has been extremely stable (for a beta),the issue might be on your end...just saying

I admit to not having even bothering to try since Monday. I was too frustrated with it and had too much work to do. I'll give it another shot later tonight. :)
90 Night Elf Druid
As soon as we're ready to invite more people to test the beta, we'll let you know as we have with previous waves. :)

It just wouldn't be very helpful if we made an advanced warning announcement that an advanced warning announcement will be coming soon. 'Cause then people would be asking for hints as to when the warning about the warning is coming. Pretty soon they'll want clues about the hints about the warning warning to come before the announced announcement.

Anyway possible we could get a rough estimate of how many AP holders are waiting on their invites? I would hate to get all excited with the rumors of this being one of the last waves and hoping I will get in just to find out there is still like another million to get in and I will have to wait a few more waves.
This is not Zarhym speaking: Absolutely not.
52 Undead Warrior
04/18/2012 03:00 PMPosted by Beriana
Why does this matter?

Why doesnt it?

What they are doing this time around is inviting more people per day of the beta than any beta they have done before. Yet it isnt good enough for you?

Each wave it takes days for anybody to be able to do anything because they are iviting more people than they should. Then just as it starts getting better, another wave comes in. They are overly aggressive in trying to get all the AP's in.
90 Night Elf Druid

I guarantee that none of the other WoW betas have had this high of an invite per day ratio.
You're joking, right? There has never been another Beta where people have been guaranteed access based on buying an Annual Pass.
Edited by Stellan on 4/18/2012 3:08 PM PDT
Formal apology to Blizzard and World of Warcraft: I truly regret the negativity I put in the forums. I will be deleting my previous comments. The beta isn't really important to me. I needed to vent my stress onto something, and this topic was in the line of fire. I really do love and appreciate WoW more than you can ever imagine. It is my favorite game ever, and I trust the directions you go in. Beta would probably stress me out even more, and I don't want my WoW experience to suffer because it is too important to me. This game is awesome, so keep up the good work. To Blue Posters: Sorry. I got really upset over nothing. You guys are doing a great job at keeping me informed. May your blades never dull!!!
90 Human Death Knight
Seriously people, if you haven't been invited to the beta yet, be thankful... those of us who got invited in the last wave haven't even been able to get beyond the login screen because there are so many people hogging up the servers!
52 Undead Warrior
04/18/2012 03:03 PMPosted by Aviana
they just said "Yeah, we mislead everybody

They never said anything like that.

This is pointless, you're not going to change anything with your passive aggressive ranting. It's obvious that I'm not going to change anything.

Could the wording on the ad for the Annual Pass been better? Yes
Did the wording on the TOU for Annual Pass say the same thing as the ad? NO
Is Blizzard doing the best the can to get the AP's into the beta as soon as possible? Yes

But since they continue to hold your lollipop from you while other people have gotten theirs, you'll continue to stamp your feet, stick your fingers in your ears and sing an altered version of the Barney theme song until you get your lollipop. Then when you do you'll complain that you dont like the flavor.

Not worth my time to continue.

Have a nice evening.

/quit
52 Undead Warrior
04/18/2012 03:11 PMPosted by Beriana
Because they've never sold beta access in the past
Wrong...thanks for playing.

Beta access was sold for attending Blizzcon and the European version when they had that. And guess what, not all of them got in at the beginning or even in one wave. And they was considerably less of them.

Edit to add that attending these events cost a heck of a lot more than the annual pass does.
Edited by Rakkard on 4/18/2012 3:17 PM PDT
WHY!??! WHY BLIZZ WHY!?!?!? I open World of Warcraft and hit the forums tab to see if there is any new blue posts and the first thing I see is a recent post and I was like "ok lets not get too excited might not be about the beta" Then I saw a few key words like "invited" and "beta" and I was like OMGOMGOMGOMG....and it was this thread. =( I guess I'll go watch Grimm.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
As soon as we're ready to invite more people to test the beta, we'll let you know as we have with previous waves. :)

It just wouldn't be very helpful if we made an advanced warning announcement that an advanced warning announcement will be coming soon. 'Cause then people would be asking for hints as to when the warning about the warning is coming. Pretty soon they'll want clues about the hints about the warning warning to come before the announced announcement.
So this is roundabout way of saying next week?
90 Night Elf Druid

So this is roundabout way of saying next week?
Who knows what he was saying. He was just being arrogant.
85 Blood Elf Mage
I's been wed every week so far -.-

l2recognizepatterns
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]