You have Lightwell therefore I RAGE!

85 Troll Priest
True story.

I was in LFR on Madness, healing my pretty blue and purple little bum off with minimal issues (on the second attempt, that is. First attempt...I don't wish to speak of it). I was dropping my Lightwell every other platform like I always do, and it was being used a decent amount of times, especially by one of the tanks. On the fourth platform, a Resto Shaman comments "Lightwell is a wasted talent point, btw."

Hoooly hell, that opened a can of worms, and it wasn't even from me. In the midst of fighting on the fourth platform, we were having an honest debate on whether Lightwell was a viable spell and worth the talent point. The Shaman, much to my personal amusement, started getting rather nasty with his retorts, with comments like "If you pick up that talent you suck", "I have a priest and could outheal you.", and "Look around online and you'll see that no priests have Lightwell".

It's a shame I was so busy healing and laughing to really read what he was saying, but whenever he said something, someone else had something to say in return. The only thing that stuck with me was the fact that he kept on calling me dude.

Me: What makes you think I'm a dude, dude?
Him: So your retarded?
Me: Rofl...

I couldn't help but just laugh. I was just amused all around, and rather encouraged by how many people stepped up to Lightwell's defense.

Oh...that made my night. I just wanted to share.
Reply Quote
Saw that once in a 5 man on one of my DPS(hunter?). H priest getting raged at by the tank for specing into Lightwell....He never ONCE used it...

I think I used it twice per boss, if not more...I stood near it every time it was out. =)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
On the rare occasion that I need to use my holy spec (I had to last week actually, we had a shadow/disc priest as a third healer for a few of the fights), I totally forget to put down my lightwell. I have a macro for it and everything :(
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
That's okay. Sometimes when I'm healing on my Druid, I'll forget to stack Faerie Fire on the bosses...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
04/18/2012 08:27 PMPosted by Akaeya
That's okay. Sometimes when I'm healing on my Druid, I'll forget to stack Faerie Fire on the bosses...

.... I should probably do that, huh?
>:c 3 GCDs of my life i'll never get back /sobs
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Oh my god lol really. Because that 1 talent point is going to be SO USEFUL in whatever our other options are, amirite?

Personally I'm a big fan of Lightwell. I like having it when I'm holy, but moreso, I like playing with a Holy Priest who has it. Last week we killed HSpine25 for the 2nd time, but no Holy Priest, and EVERY TIME I got gripped I had this urge to click a Lightwell. Followed by sadness when I remembered there wasn't one.
Lightwell is sooo nice on Spine. And many other fights, too. But Spine makes an excellent example, and HSpine is hands-down the hardest fight this tier. Soooo... yeah, Lightwell is worth having.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I have a confession. I don't hate Lightwell at all but you know that spammy addon that some ppl use "Thank you for using Lightwell, x out of y charges available" that says in /raid, /s, /y, /p and /w? yeah, when I see that addon in lfr ... I can't control myself and spam click the lightwell. Then I get a message about server lag mixed with thanks. I enjoy those 75+ messages even though I know I shouldn't
Reply Quote
People that hate lightwell wiped my raid group on heroic hagara, they have a desire to spam click lightwell until it disappears. One of them is a hunter, and rightclicked on the boss.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest

.... I should probably do that, huh?
>:c 3 GCDs of my life i'll never get back /sobs

Hehe. I try to weave it into my healing. Usually the tank isn't taking much damage at the start of the fight anyway. What's annoying is when it misses over three times in a row...

Personally I'm a big fan of Lightwell. I like having it when I'm holy, but moreso, I like playing with a Holy Priest who has it. Last week we killed HSpine25 for the 2nd time, but no Holy Priest, and EVERY TIME I got gripped I had this urge to click a Lightwell. Followed by sadness when I remembered there wasn't one.
Lightwell is sooo nice on Spine. And many other fights, too. But Spine makes an excellent example, and HSpine is hands-down the hardest fight this tier. Soooo... yeah, Lightwell is worth having.

Whenever I'm tanking or dpsing and there's a Holy Priest in the party, I cry a little when I can't reach the Lightwell, or when they don't drop the Lightwell at all. I also am a sad llama when I drop my Lightwell on my baby priest and it's not used because the fight is so short. :(

Llama faaaace. D:

I have a confession. I don't hate Lightwell at all but you know that spammy addon that some ppl use "Thank you for using Lightwell, x out of y charges available" that says in /raid, /s, /y, /p and /w? yeah, when I see that addon in lfr ... I can't control myself and spam click the lightwell. Then I get a message about server lag mixed with thanks. I enjoy those 75+ messages even though I know I shouldn't

You would enjoy the comments my Lightwell Buddy says then, I think. I posted them in the Lightwell Buddy thread.

I'm just so overjoyed when someone uses it that I don't mind so much when they start using it a bit more than necessary. It annoys me most when they use it up before the encounter even begins, like Venom said.
Edited by Akaeya on 4/19/2012 7:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I tell people who complain about my Priest's LW that I talent into it so I can collect their tears on it and drink them delightfully.

The HPriest in our main raid does not use it as effectively as he should, though. He has the bad habit of just popping it when he is low on mana like if it was a super throughput cooldown or like if it did not last 3 minutes. :c
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I love seeing a Lightwell, especially in LFR. If it is still up when we are changing platforms, I always give it a last click on the way out.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I have my raid group trained. When we raid one our alts, someone always yells to "click the lightwell" before we jump platforms... followed by a "oh wait, there isn't one... Nz is tanking".
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Some guys seem to have deep sated issues that women play (and enjoy) videogames. There are a few women in my guild and that have all experienced vast amounts of misogyny and sexism in the game. It's pretty pathetic how low some people stoop.

To the OP, you have a great attitude about the whole thing. Healer props.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
04/18/2012 08:27 PMPosted by Akaeya

... Now you're just making me look bad :(
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I usually deploy the Lightwell for my own use, others are welcome to it if they want. :)
Really useful when fighting one of those Cobalt slimes that sucks all your mana dry.

My recommendation: Don't reply to these type of players, after a while they'll get sick of hearing themselves talk. If they're male, they're probably used to being ignored by females in real life so this isn't something new to them anyway. :)

Bonus point if they get uppity and quit the raid.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Lightwell is special as it requires other people to be good for it to be good. If you play with bads it's bad. I think you know which group that Shaman falls in.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
i like the way you handled it :) just kept laughing at him. i got to try that
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
04/19/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Anarri
... Now you're just making me look bad :(

Not intentionally. D: <3
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Hehe, I'm just messin' with you.

Seriously though, should I be stacking FF?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]