Sigh Blizzard, yet again Horde wins

100 Tauren Druid
Dude, Alliance pandas get a spar with their faction leader? Don't you know how cool that is?

I'm an admitted Horde lover, and I think the Alliance entry is better. As mentioned many times before, it's far more welcoming and unity-inspiring than the Horde's army-recruitment style crash course. I wish I got to spar with Garrosh (not just because I want to punch him in his face), fisticuffs with your leader's just a cool thing to do.

If you're not excited at the prospect of Varian becoming more familiar with his men and interacting with him one-on-one, that says to me your cries of "WAAAHH! BLIZZARD IS BIAS!" come more from hatred of the Horde than love of the Alliance. And to that, I say "Grow up."
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
It isn't fair or unequal. It matches perfectly well with the lore and the current situation. If you don't like it play horde. Alliance are the more reasonable of the two factions. It makes sense that the blood thirsty warchief would throw the pandaran into an arena. Why would Varian do that?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
Varian got rolled by a carebear stare!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHjd9oq4Am4
Edited by Gravy on 4/19/2012 12:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
04/18/2012 11:36 PMPosted by Pyronaptor
It feels right.

Like I said, I'm sure there are plenty who will enjoy the Alliance Pandaren introduction, I just won't be one because it isn't engaging to me. The quest itself is overly simplistic, and the actual function of the quest just doesn't click with me as being something that would actually happen in this sort of context.

Again, others may enjoy it and I'm not saying it's a bad quest, just that it isn't something that would really get me excited about being an Alliance Pandaren.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
04/19/2012 12:05 AMPosted by Capngasm
Why would Varian do that?

Why would Varian get into a bare knuckle boxing match with some nobody he's never seen before, from a race who he's never heard about, and then do worse-than-b movie acting about getting flicked in that over sized chin of his?

It just has a very poor level of engagement for me, and that it is just you standing there while what amounts to a cutscene plays out isn't exactly helping it. Do you have to actually fight in the Horde quest or do you just stand there like a derp in it too?
Reply Quote
80 Undead Priest
Varian got rolled by a carebear stare!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHjd9oq4Am4

LOL
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I have watched 2 videos of the Panderen introductions to the horde and the alliance.

When a Pandaren enters the Alliance, you walk around with Varian as he talks to you about your new duties and who your enemies are, then afterwards you spar with Varian as a test to see what you can bring in combat. All you do is auto attack as he dodges/parries all of your moves until you get 1 hit in, then he falls down and admits he hadn't fought like that in years.

When a Pandaren enters the Horde it's basically the same with talking about new duties, but instead of sparring with Garrosh, you enter an arena and fight 3 giant bosses with 4 other pandarens by yourside.

Alliance gets a few seconds of sparring, Horde gets epic arena death match.

Sigh at Blizzard
This whole thing is getting pretty old.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
04/19/2012 12:26 AMPosted by Macaroni

It's because every single argument ends up the same way.

Someone posts something and claims Horde favoritism (legitimate or not), some randoms complain about Alliance crybabies and ignore legitimate points and it ends up as "THRALL IS NEUTRAL IF TIRION, ARTHAS AND ILLIDAN AREN'T PART OF THE ALLIANCE"

Every. Single. Time.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Both intros are absolutely perfect for each faction.

Varian wants the Pandaren to know that they are welcome, but he also wants to test them. By having a fun little 1v1 match, it lets him judge the Pandaren player's skill while also letting him/her feel welcome to the Alliance on a very personal level.

Garrosh sees his allies as tools. This is expressed by the Pandaren being pitted against the big enemies of the last 3 expansions. Gronns were introduced in TBC, Magmataurs in Wrath, and Ettins in Cata. By beating these three, it shows Garrosh that the Pandaren have the capabilities to fight the same enemies that the Horde have fought against in the past 7 years.

Anyone who sees any bias is pretty much wanting there to be a bias so that they can confirm their view that Blizz favors the other faction more. Confirmation bias is strong.
Edited by Totbot on 4/19/2012 12:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
29 Tauren Druid
See, here's the thing. Like the OP, people are picking apart everything they can to "prove their point". You can't say if one thing is better than the other, because that's not a fact based thing. Therefore, it's so convenient for people to QQ about "Horde getting a cooler intro". That's completely subjective, and people will see what they want to see. No matter what blizz does, people are going to get keep the "horde favoritism" pitchforks raised high. It doesn't reflect reality.

Actually you can.

Horde gets to raze Theramore and siege Orgrimmar.

Alliance doesn't participate in the Theramore event and must share the siege event with the Horde.

That's what you call blatant favoritism that cannot be defended or denied.

Also. Goblins got an entire zone and a huge presence in Orgrimmar. The Worgen got a tree and a perma snarl.

That's what you call blatant favoritism that cannot be defended or denied.
It's easily deniable. Because what you say is "blatant favoritism" in no way benefits the horde. It actually hurts it. You know nothing aside from theramore being burned and Org getting attacked.

Here's another biased statement from yourself. "Goblins got an entire zone and a huge presense in org. Have you seen the Goblin slums? They are a fraction of Org. I mean, a tiny fraction. And it's a pos. And goblins have been in org since vanilla. I don't know what you're talking about with this "massive presence".
Reply Quote
29 Tauren Druid

Someone posts something and claims Horde favoritism (legitimate or not), some randoms complain about Alliance crybabies and ignore legitimate points and it ends up as "THRALL IS NEUTRAL IF TIRION, ARTHAS AND ILLIDAN AREN'T PART OF THE ALLIANCE"

Every. Single. Time.
Because people try to present "Favoritism" as fact. When it's not. Just people's biased opinions. "I don't like this part of the story! HORDE FAVORITISM!!!".

I don't even think the Alliance QQ'ers believe their crap. I think they just like the excitement of controversy. Because let's face it. Nothing will stop it. So people stop taking it seriously.
Edited by Hronah on 4/19/2012 12:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
29 Tauren Druid
this is flat out wrong .

As a player I am tired of being put down for my choosen faction .

Quit the all the blatent horde favoritism. The complaining will not die down it will heat up .
No. It's blatant alliance favoritism. cwutididthar? It's already heated up. A million times over. Nothing happens. Just more QQ.
Edited by Hronah on 4/19/2012 12:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock

Every. Single. Time.
Because people try to present "Favoritism" as fact. When it's not. Just people's biased opinions. "I don't like this part of the story! HORDE FAVORITISM!!!"

The people on either sides who turn it from a civil debate to a near flame war (like Shargaas just above me) through whatever reason are the reason why it ends up like this.

Each faction is as bad as each other in this argument.

Edit: Though, it's a pretty exciting competition, who can outdo each other? The Horde Fanboys (as much as I dislike this word, there's no other way to describe them) or the Alliance QQ'ers?

THE RACE TO THE FLAME WAR IS ON!
Edited by Awkward on 4/19/2012 12:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
this is flat out wrong .

As a player I am tired of being put down for my choosen faction .

Quit the all the blatent horde favoritism. The complaining will not die down it will heat up .

People will find something to complaining about regardless. Stopping horde favoritism wont stop the complaining.
Reply Quote
29 Tauren Druid
If somehow they added graphics for the /fart emote along with the "Whew, what stinks", and made a green cloud around your character, some Alli would complain that the horde toons get a bigger green cloud, and call horde favoritism. That's how bad it's gotten. This is just people arguing because they want so badly to win the argument. For the satisfaction of saying they're right. It has nothing to do with the game anymore. Because nothing, I mean nothing blizz does would change some peoples minds on this.
Reply Quote
29 Tauren Druid
I happen to have maxed level characters on both factions .
I have seen the quest developments and seen the development areas on the horde side .

Its very plain horde are totally favored !
Post on a max level horde toon. I'm not saying I don't believe you. Just seeing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]