<Osiris> Folks

97 Night Elf Druid
Hit me or any other member of <Relocated> up for a ginvite when you log in and find that you no longer have even a chat channel of a guild...unless of course you do...it may have just been me and Rel's alts kicked out...armory hasn't updated yet.

If we decide we hate the guild name, I'll pay for the change, and I promise the tabard does not have a pink bunny on it :P

/rawr
/purr

Look forward to seein' everyone back in gchat!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
And I was so close to exalted, too. Grr.

On the plus side, I find the new guild name incredibly amusing.
Reply Quote
50 Human Priest
wat
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
04/19/2012 11:35 AMPosted by Hugecreep
wat
+1
Edited by Saíntly on 4/19/2012 12:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
To former members of <Osiris>

Hello from Bansath! GM of <Herp Derp> on Gorgonnash, where some of your
former guildmates now reside.

I understand that there have been some hard feelings recently with the
departure of your GM, members, and how some of the events played out. I
am hoping to discuss the matter and extend both an olive branch as well
as an invitation to come be with us on Gorgonnash.

I also understand that many of you feel betrayed by Sheepshooter, which
I would also like to address.

One of the most challenging aspects of running a guild, is maintaining a
solid raiding roster. Sheepshooter and I began talking back in October
'11 during Firelands when he was looking for a new home to progress. He
had the opportunity to join us during Firelands. You should know that he
declined, because after talking with your membership - he wanted to stay
and fix things. He has always expressed his strong loyalty to you and
your guild.

From then on Sheepshooter and myself have had numerous conversations,
him battling between his feelings of loyalty to you and the frustration
with the Osiris progression. I saw the same problems I see in a lot of
guilds. You have skilled raiders held back by other members who don't
put forth the same effort or have the same skill to push progression.
Which is why I have always had an open offer to Sheepshooter. Bring your
raiders over, and let's fix your raid up so your members can live up to
their full potential.

This continued during Dragon Soul. As you know, your guild was
experiencing challenges with roster as many guilds do. This puts you
behind in progression. And when you fall behind, it becomes more
difficult to recruit good players to your guild - and you are also at
greater risk of losing good members to other guilds who are more
progressed.

And so here we are today. After you lost some of your key raid healers
here recently - apparently there was some drama during that last raid on
Heroic Zon'ozz. Sheepshooter finally decided it was time to move on. But
remember, this was not a snap decision. This is after MONTHS of trying
to work things out with you all.

I am sorry if how the events played out has left some of you sour.
Understand the intent from the beginning was for any and all of you to
come over and progress.

That offer is still open. And I am still hoping to see more of you over
here with us.

What I have to offer, is a very active guild. Last night we had 40
people in vent, even more people online and three Dragon Soul raids going on
at the same time. I have a different guild management style than
Sheepshooter, and a different approach to building a healthy guild and
maintaining roster. You are welcome to come make a level 1 character and
check things out. Come test the waters.

Each week we are running 7+ DS 10 man raids. Firelands for Legendary
staff farming. There are always people on running old content, mount
farming, heroics, and bgs. It is a fun guild environment.

I am looking to take the Osiris members that are here already, and fill
out another Heroic DS raid. I would like to get more of you over to Gorg
for that, or to find a spot in any of our other raids that might fit
your RL schedule.

I understand that transferring characters may not be a viable solution
for some. Hopefully you will be able to fix things or find membership in
other guilds where you can down content.

I'd like to discuss with you individually or as a group in vent if you are interested.
Just let me know.
realid: sackett@surewest.net
http://herpderp.wowstead.com
Reply Quote
1 Worgen Warrior
To former members of <Osiris>

Hello from Bansath! GM of <Herp Derp> on Gorgonnash, where some of your
former guildmates now reside.

I understand that there have been some hard feelings recently with the
departure of your GM, members, and how some of the events played out. I
am hoping to discuss the matter and extend both an olive branch as well
as an invitation to come be with us on Gorgonnash.

I also understand that many of you feel betrayed by Sheepshooter, which
I would also like to address.

One of the most challenging aspects of running a guild, is maintaining a
solid raiding roster. Sheepshooter and I began talking back in October
'11 during Firelands when he was looking for a new home to progress. He
had the opportunity to join us during Firelands. You should know that he
declined, because after talking with your membership - he wanted to stay
and fix things. He has always expressed his strong loyalty to you and
your guild.

From then on Sheepshooter and myself have had numerous conversations,
him battling between his feelings of loyalty to you and the frustration
with the Osiris progression. I saw the same problems I see in a lot of
guilds. You have skilled raiders held back by other members who don't
put forth the same effort or have the same skill to push progression.
Which is why I have always had an open offer to Sheepshooter. Bring your
raiders over, and let's fix your raid up so your members can live up to
their full potential.

This continued during Dragon Soul. As you know, your guild was
experiencing challenges with roster as many guilds do. This puts you
behind in progression. And when you fall behind, it becomes more
difficult to recruit good players to your guild - and you are also at
greater risk of losing good members to other guilds who are more
progressed.

And so here we are today. After you lost some of your key raid healers
here recently - apparently there was some drama during that last raid on
Heroic Zon'ozz. Sheepshooter finally decided it was time to move on. But
remember, this was not a snap decision. This is after MONTHS of trying
to work things out with you all.

I am sorry if how the events played out has left some of you sour.
Understand the intent from the beginning was for any and all of you to
come over and progress.

That offer is still open. And I am still hoping to see more of you over
here with us.

What I have to offer, is a very active guild. Last night we had 40
people in vent, even more people online and three Dragon Soul raids going on
at the same time. I have a different guild management style than
Sheepshooter, and a different approach to building a healthy guild and
maintaining roster. You are welcome to come make a level 1 character and
check things out. Come test the waters.

Each week we are running 7+ DS 10 man raids. Firelands for Legendary
staff farming. There are always people on running old content, mount
farming, heroics, and bgs. It is a fun guild environment.

I am looking to take the Osiris members that are here already, and fill
out another Heroic DS raid. I would like to get more of you over to Gorg
for that, or to find a spot in any of our other raids that might fit
your RL schedule.

I understand that transferring characters may not be a viable solution
for some. Hopefully you will be able to fix things or find membership in
other guilds where you can down content.

I'd like to discuss with you individually or as a group in vent if you are interested.
Just let me know.
realid: sackett@surewest.net
http://herpderp.wowstead.com

Please take this guys offer and get carried in pve. Im sure sheep will be in another group anyways
Reply Quote
97 Night Elf Druid
Hiya Bansath,

I had a very positive impression of you from our joint FL venture. I appreciate the sentiments, and if anyone does choose to follow Sheep over there, I wish them the best of luck. Heck I wish Sheep the best of luck, Setras says hello.

I was not surprised nor even salty when he transferred. I wasn't even super salty when he did not turn actual GM over to one of the non-transferring officers. I would have preferred that we be able to use guild funds for repairs when pugging, but it was 'whatever.'

Sheep had not returned any tell RealID or otherwise since last week from me. We were approached with a possible team up offer. I opened it for discussion among the general populace, as I don't believe in making big decisions solo. I knew he was present online to see what the guild had to say.

Apparently, this caused him to become salty and remove our support structure by transferring the guild out from under us. He said nothing to anyone as far as I can tell. He did not respond in O chat when I tried to get his attention before I opened the topic.

To further exacerbate his bad behavior he gkicked everyone from level one phantom Osiris making it more difficult for us to herd our people up and disseminate information.

I will not be guilding with him ever again for any reason. I am still open to civilized and friendly discourse with him, but he burned us.

I cannot say that I am surprised as I am more aware of his historic tendencies than most. It doesn't make him less of a jerk, but it does mean that I knew what was likely to happen.

Best of luck to you all. I will encourage others not to troll him too hard. I consider that a waste of time and energy.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Can we re-name our new guild <Thank God He Left>?
Edited by Saíntly on 4/20/2012 8:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I feel sorry for those of you who didn't know that Sheep's up and done this several times (I know he took some of the core with him to at least 4 different servers in Wrath before they realized how much better off they were without him and made their own guild, which was top 100 US last I heard but that was quite a while back). He's a mediocre player with an ego to make you think he's top in the world, and a temper that makes the Hulk look mild, and is infamous as a giant backstabber only out to boost his own e-peen.

Best of luck to those of you who went on to make your own guild, and those of you who followed Sheep over, just know that it's probably going to happen again. The man creates drama more than anyone else I've known. But hey, to each their own.

Disclaimer: This isn't to say that <Herp Derp> is bad, stay away from them, or any of that. I obviously don't know any of you, how your guilds ran, or anything like that. But from the sounds of things, it's a very large guild with several DS groups and great for them. But if you are wanting to transfer and join them, do yourself a favor and don't do it to play with Sheep.
Edited by Zachqt on 4/19/2012 11:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
93 Draenei Shaman
I feel sorry for those of you who didn't know that Sheep's up and done this several times (I know he took some of the core with him to at least 4 different servers in Wrath before they realized how much better off they were without him and made their own guild, which was top 100 US last I heard but that was quite a while back). He's a mediocre player with an ego to make you think he's top in the world, and a temper that makes the Hulk look mild, and is infamous as a giant backstabber only out to boost his own e-peen.

Best of luck to those of you who went on to make your own guild, and those of you who followed Sheep over, just know that it's probably going to happen again. The man creates drama more than anyone else I've known. But hey, to each their own.

Disclaimer: This isn't to say that <Herp Derp> is bad, stay away from them, or any of that. I obviously don't know any of you, how your guilds ran, or anything like that. But from the sounds of things, it's a very large guild with several DS groups and great for them. But if you are wanting to transfer and join them, do yourself a favor and don't do it to play with Sheep.

I think it's safe to say that you won't see much of anyone following him over. I'm pretty sure the majority of the guild was not at all sad to see him leave.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
As a new transfer to Osiris, I wasn't around particularly long before this situation arose. But even only having known Sheep for about six weeks, I can't say that I'm surprised at this outcome, he seemed to be out for himself from day one. I'll begin with a story.

Terrible raid leader was terrible. That's pretty much the meat of the story. In my seven years of raiding spanning thirteen guilds ranging from top-50 US and top-75 World all the way down to NOT raiding hardcore in Cata, Sheep was by far the worst raid leader I ever raided under. You know, until he shut up. The best raid leaders are definitely the ones who say "Fine, you guys lead this."

Unbeknownst to the officers, the group I transferred over with was very well fed up with him and on the verge of leaving anyway. We were giving it a couple more weeks. One of the others in the group even suggest our new guild name be <Thank God He Left>! That really sums up how we transfers felt about him. In the end, he did us a favor! We met some awesome people who actually still know how to have fun in this game.

As for your offer, I will be declining as well. First off, 10-man lol. Who gives a damn about 10-mans? Not me. I have never and will never take 10-mans seriously. I take it even less seriously because it's a group running at least three decent 10-mans that, if I had to guess, can't even field a solid 25-man.

Secondly, if I wanted to join an "8/8H" guild, I have connections from my days raiding at the high end to go just about anywhere I wanted. And believe me, people see through your single 8/8H 10-man that isn't recruiting, your 6/8, 4/8, and double 1/8s (Seriously, Morchok is puggable; that doesn't count). You're recruiting for your alt run, and the 4/8 run that keeps people content with their place.

Lastly, if I were to transfer to raid, it wouldn't be anywhere with Sheep. I've found the guy obnoxious since the moment I met him (based on trade chat recently, a large portion of the realm agrees with this). However, when a guy says "I'll give you legendaries and your friends can come too!" you generally don't pass on the opportunity when you're only interested in playing the game with said friends.

Sincerely,
This Guy.
Edited by Syler on 4/19/2012 11:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
97 Draenei Shaman
I am also new to the tanaris server, heck, even to the aliance side of wow. I reluctantly came because of my IRL friend spas and they were looking for good resto shaman. from the weeks that i was raiding with sheep, I noticed that he wasnt the best raid leader, but he did have a way with asigning blame for who messed up. Over the many weeks of raiding and being in the guild, i have grown to enjoy hanging out with people in the guild. As to the offer of joining your guild on that server, i am glad to say, "No thank you, but thanks for the offer." Altho i am now glad to have my main being within <Rellocated>

Side note, Love the name!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
04/19/2012 11:02 PMPosted by Rárity
I think it's safe to say that you won't see much of anyone following him over. I'm pretty sure the majority of the guild was not at all sad to see him leave.

I read the negativity and hostility towards Sheepshooter. Given the historical perspective, I can't help but wonder ... why then did Osiris stay together for so long amidst the turmoil?

Apparently he is Ivan the Terrible, yet the core raid was willing to stick it out with him and give it "one more week" to try and fix things (from mid Firelands till a week ago)?

Usually when things are as bad as stated above, a guild wouldn't have been able to stay together raiding for the past 6 months as Osiris did.

Just seems like the personal opinions expressed towards Sheepshooter are in stark contrast to the historical record of a guild that held together and at least kept a raid going on some level.
Edited by Bansath on 4/20/2012 8:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Now taking bets for the pool, on when he'll xfer back to start this cycle again for the 8th time.
Reply Quote
75 Blood Elf Warlock
Am I pro if I say I saw this coming?

Prolly not :(
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
04/20/2012 08:54 AMPosted by Bansath

I read the negativity and hostility towards Sheepshooter. Given the historical perspective, I can't help but wonder ... why then did Osiris stay together for so long amidst the turmoil?

Apparently he is Ivan the Terrible, yet the core raid was willing to stick it out with him and give it "one more week" to try and fix things (from mid Firelands till a week ago)?

Usually when things are as bad as stated above, a guild wouldn't have been able to stay together raiding for the past 6 months as Osiris did.

Just seems like the personal opinions expressed towards Sheepshooter are in stark contrast to the historical record of a guild that held together and at least kept a raid going on some level.

My guess is that most of the people in "Osiris" have been raiding with each other here and there over the past 6 years (Since I've been here as Mollindo in BC). After sticking with the same group for so long, there might have been this instinct to just push his obnoxious arrogance aside because it's what they're used to.

By the way, Osiris has blown up several times to my knowledge but somehow it's brought back again and again for another shot at glory.

V/r
Mollindo
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I'm new to Osiris. Some on Tanaris might remember me from <axiom> which was the best alliance heroic 10m in Firelands, until we parted ways. I came to Osiris because two of my good friends from axiom had decided to come here to do 25s, and after numerous offers from Sheep I accepted.

Unfortunately I didn't really realize the extent to which this had happened before in the past, and now that I do, I find it even more disturbing that any of us put up with this crap in the first place =(

Personally, I love the people in our 25. And I believe that's why we all stuck around for so long.

I think everyone that was new to Osiris has now learned an important lesson, that many of you had learned long ago. And I'm pretty sure, if (or when) Sheep decides to stroll on back here, none of us will be accepting of his return.
Edited by Saíntly on 4/20/2012 8:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
50 Human Priest
somehow it's brought back again and again for another shot at glory.

lol 5/8h guild coming back for glory

all dat glory
Reply Quote
93 Draenei Shaman

Those of use referring to sticking it out just a few more weeks only recently transferred over to join the raid.
Edited by Rárity on 4/20/2012 10:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
A lot of times players do tend to stick together and try to work through difficult times in recruiting and maintaining the raid. I get that. I warned Sheepshooter that I saw the challenges his guild was facing months ago, and felt he should have moved to <Herp Derp> before things deteriorated even more. It is a bummer that now there are these escalated feelings of distrust between players.

I would hope there are no hard feelings between your guild as a whole, and mine. I look forward to seeing you all blow up some bosses and finish the tier out with some mount farming included. Zascha and Saintly, I am available if you ever want to chat about guild stuff or raid strats. If there is anything you need, please do not hesitate to ask.

I appreciate everyone's input regarding Sheepshooter - since he is now one of my members.
I will be keeping a close eye on him and be on the look out for any Jekyll & Hyde behavior.

Meanwhile, I will do my best to keep Tanaris safe from Sheepshooter's return.
Edited by Bansath on 4/20/2012 11:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]