(DPS pipe dream)

86 Human Paladin
You know that feeling!

you just finished a trash pull before a boss. You got a handy bank of runic power/rage pooled, you've just reached full stacks of Shadow Infusion/Shadow Orbs/Holy power/Arcane Blast/Maelstrom weapon, you have about 15 seconds left on Inquisition/Slice and Dice/Furious Roar, and a proc of Hot Streak/FoF+Brain Freeze/Divine Purpose/Art of War/Sudden Doom/Molten Core/Night Fall/Killing Machine.

You are no more than 20 yards from the boss and then the tank just stops, and stands there for 30 seconds picking his nose!!!!!

AHHHHH

wouldn't it be nice if DPS specs had a button they could press that would put them into a state of suspended animation while the tank was scratching his butt waiting for his Cooldowns finish. You know you could not move or commit any action but your awesome procs/combo points/stacking buffs would not expire channeled.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
My response, go ahead and pull and then use your defensive cooldowns, if he complains tell him to pull faster.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
04/19/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Hiroran
go ahead and pull

You'll end up right back here making a QQ topic about slow tanks =p
Reply Quote
Well after all those resources are from the previous fight so meh. I can understand holy power for example. But rage or RP is so easy and quick to build that you can pretty much unleash full dps without any build up.

Since i'm posting on my hunter i'll mention misdirect. That's not a resource but lol , so many times i put it on the tank and they end up pulling when its about to expire.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock
You know that feeling!

you just finished a trash pull before a boss. You got a handy bank of runic power/rage pooled, you've just reached full stacks of Shadow Infusion/Shadow Orbs/Holy power/Arcane Blast/Maelstrom weapon, you have about 15 seconds left on Inquisition/Slice and Dice/Furious Roar, and a proc of Hot Streak/FoF+Brain Freeze/Divine Purpose/Art of War/Sudden Doom/Molten Core/Night Fall/Killing Machine.

You are no more than 20 yards from the boss and then the tank just stops, and stands there for 30 seconds picking his nose!!!!!

AHHHHH

wouldn't it be nice if DPS specs had a button they could press that would put them into a state of suspended animation while the tank was scratching his butt waiting for his Cooldowns finish. You know you could not move or commit any action but your awesome procs/combo points/stacking buffs would not expire channeled.

I keep getting tanks lately who want all of their cds up for every trash pull... not even big pulls.
Reply Quote
For almost all trash:

Healer is present and has decent mana levels, and there's at least one DPS present who doesn't seem to be in a coma (if no DPS is DPSing the mobs tend to take an annoyingly long time to die) -> pull.
Edited by Sharrow on 4/20/2012 1:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You know that feeling!

AHHHHH

I don't care about resources/Inquisition that much, they're relatively easy to stack, but back when I used Apparatus of Khaz'goroth I'd be sitting there with my precious stacks that take forever to get as Ret, and the tanks would only ever pull just as they fell off. Infuriating.
Reply Quote
Apparatus was just so maddening. "I need high Crit rating to get it to stack, but then I don't want Crit, because I need it to proc Mastery." Ahhhhhhh!
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
That would be nice for pre-potting too. Nothing more fun than the following:

(raid leader does ready check, everyone clicks yes)
<Raid Leader> Ok pulling in 5.......4........3....
(I pop a Golemblood pot, equip mastery pre-pull set, start hitting my CDs, switch back to my regular set)
<Raid Leader> 2.......
<Some random dude in the raid> WAIT STOP MY CDS AREN'T READY AND I FORGOT MY FOOD BUFF
<Me> !@#$ %^- SADFARGFJREIGJ

I almost want to punch a kitten every time this happens.
Edited by Cidfrostfire on 4/20/2012 12:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]