400,000 Annual Pass Invites Sent

04/19/2012 02:53 PMPosted by Boxerone
Figured, this account was flagged in last wave.

Glad to see you finally got it, Boxerone. I know that you were rather upset during the initial fallout, then settled in for a patient wait soon after. Look on the bright side -- you aren't still waiting anymore. ;)

Have a blast in there!
Reply Quote
I'm not flagged yet either.

Now I get to play the F5 game. Grrr

Me too! /highfive

/F5
/F5
/F5
/F5
/F5
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm not flagged yet either.

Now I get to play the F5 game. Grrr

Me too! /highfive

/F5
/F5
/F5
/F5
/F5
/F5
/F5
/F5
/F5
/F5
/F5
/F5
/F5

This could be a while.
Edited by Sadra on 4/19/2012 3:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
41 Worgen Hunter
Yay, I'm finally in.

I'm not going to thank Blizzard because this has been a fiasco.

Last wave of beta invites and I get one, even though like 10,000s of sub-ers, I signed up within the first 3 days, expecting it to be a 'LIMITED' time deal, usually meaning a couple of weeks, maybe a month or 2, NOT 6 months and the deal still happening after the release of the beta (part of the limited deal, the supposition that you would be one of the lucky few to experience and contribute to MoP via the beta, rather than one of the masses who can opt in at any stage by signing up for the AP).

What make this a huge fiasco is the deliberate lack of communication, misleading information, changes in advertising and what seems to be false statements about procedure. And it could have been handled much easier and more nicely, if Blizzard had been upfront, apologised for the misleading and sometime false information.

If Blizzard had simply said 'Beta invites are random, sorry if you thought you were going to get in during the first few waves. Beta invites are no longer available through AP subscription.'

Yay I got in, last wave, woot, it feels like salt being rubbed into open wounds.

Thank you Blizzard
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
I signed up a couple weeks ago for the AP and I still have nothing no email and nothing on battlenet. SIGH
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
What are you supposed to do it you have AP and you have not been flagged, or gotten your email? Ive been in for a few weeks but my boyfriends account has not been flagged yet.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
TNT
Many of you will complain when you do get it because so much is bugged. What's the point of getting in if you're constantly stuck because of broken quests?
Reply Quote
66 Undead Mage
04/19/2012 02:59 PMPosted by Hugor
Such a complete lie. I've been checking my account since last night and I still do not have Beta access and I purchased AP as soon as it was available.

Based on the posts in the forums, the 250k batch of invites appeared to have taken 10-12 hours to filter through the system. I'd think a batch of 400k invites would take a bit longer than that.
Reply Quote
04/19/2012 02:59 PMPosted by Hugor
Such a complete lie. I've been checking my account since last night and I still do not have Beta access and I purchased AP as soon as it was available.

It may be useful for you to read:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4496520835?page=4#73

As many of us have been trying to explain, it takes time for all those accounts to be flagged.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
04/19/2012 03:03 PMPosted by Shysnow
What are you supposed to do it you have AP and you have not been flagged, or gotten your email? Ive been in for a few weeks but my boyfriends account has not been flagged yet.

i rang up and they told me the devs are the ones that have to flag the accounts so their the ones to tell and suggested i post in this topic
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
04/19/2012 03:03 PMPosted by Ashlynara
Many of you will complain when you do get it because so much is bugged. What's the point of getting in if you're constantly stuck because of broken quests?

The point is to beta test it and find the broken crap....You do realize thats the purpose, right? Its not to see the content early, its to test stuff, find whats broken, find what does work, what doesn't, whats bugged, whats awesome, whats bugged but awesome, whats notbugged but lame.

Beta Testing is helping to make the game better with direct play input.

And, yes, I got my invite. Wooohoooo.
Edited by Bekyna on 4/19/2012 3:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
have not received mine
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
We’ve sent the remaining 400,000 Annual Pass beta invites last night, which concludes the entirety of those who have signed up for the offer thus far - Bashiok

This statement if obviously not true, considering that I, as well as several other people are still waiting.. so no.. its not concluded.. maybe still pending.. not concluded...

Considering that this was to have been completed last night, it would be nice to get some confirmation that there are, in fact, still pending account.. Before I get to the point where I wanna call up some poor csr and tell them how I really feel about being one of the very last invited. Especially when its been stated that seniority was how the invites went out.

Directly out of the FAQ
" We’ll be inviting Annual Pass holders based on several factors, including how long your World of Warcraft account has been active and when you signed up for the Annual Pass"

And my account has been around since 05, as well have picking up the AP with in a few days after its announced release. And some guy, a few post earlier who had just signed up for the the AP recently got his invite..

Yeh, angry and frustrated, not over product.. but over poor choice of word and what i feel are lies.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Based on the posts in the forums, the 250k batch of invites appeared to have taken 10-12 hours to filter through the system. I'd think a batch of 400k invites would take a bit longer than that.

the thing your forgetting with the working tho is they stated in the others that they ARE sending out invites and that it COULD take up to x amount of time before you get one for that given wave

in this one however it says "We’ve SENT the remaining 400,000 Annual Pass beta invites Last NIGHT, which concludes the entirety of those who have signed up for the offer thus far"
Reply Quote
45 Human Warlock
04/19/2012 02:57 PMPosted by Tianjan
Figured, this account was flagged in last wave.

Glad to see you finally got it, Boxerone. I know that you were rather upset during the initial fallout, then settled in for a patient wait soon after. Look on the bright side -- you aren't still waiting anymore. ;)

Have a blast in there!

I am still upset about how they handled this. Though, I will forgive them for giving me free cataclysm upgrades to 7 of my inactive accounts. Since I used to be multiboxer at one point. (hence the name boxerone)

Someone else, whose account I was using to access beta until today, was a opt-in and got in before me. But like I said, I am gonna forgive this time for giving me $500 worth of free stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
04/19/2012 03:07 PMPosted by Manafestus
Yeh, angry and frustrated, not over product.. but over poor choice of word and what i feel are lies.

Exactly.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
04/19/2012 03:08 PMPosted by Ondona
in this one however it says "We’ve SENT the remaining 400,000 Annual Pass beta invites Last NIGHT, which concludes the entirety of those who have signed up for the offer thus far"

Given that a lot of us who signed up for the AP are NOT in yet, thats simply not true.

It doesnt matter what Bliz said, the simple fact is, all AP'ers are not flagged yet
Edited by Ynnel on 4/19/2012 3:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
TNT

The point is to beta test it and find the broken crap....You do realize thats the purpose, right? Its not to see the content early, its to test stuff, find whats broken, find what does work, what doesn't, whats bugged, whats awesome, whats bugged but awesome, whats notbugged but lame.

Beta Testing is helping to make the game better with direct play input.

And, yes, I got my invite. Wooohoooo.

No kidding?!?!
What do you think I've been doing for the last week or so. So I am testing and you can't test what you already know is broke.

So yeah, I do know.
Edited by Ashlynara on 4/19/2012 3:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]