400,000 Annual Pass Invites Sent

41 Worgen Hunter
Yay, I'm finally in.

I'm not going to thank Blizzard because this has been a fiasco.

Last wave of beta invites and I get one, even though like 10,000s of sub-ers, I signed up within the first 3 days, expecting it to be a 'LIMITED' time deal, usually meaning a couple of weeks, maybe a month or 2, NOT 6 months and the deal still happening after the release of the beta (part of the limited deal, the supposition that you would be one of the lucky few to experience and contribute to MoP via the beta, rather than one of the masses who can opt in at any stage by signing up for the AP).

What make this a huge fiasco is the deliberate lack of communication, misleading information, changes in advertising and what seems to be false statements about procedure. And it could have been handled much easier and more nicely, if Blizzard had been upfront, apologised for the misleading and sometime false information.

If Blizzard had simply said 'Beta invites are random, sorry if you thought you were going to get in during the first few waves. Beta invites are no longer available through AP subscription.'

Yay I got in, last wave, woot, it feels like salt being rubbed into open wounds.

Thank you Blizzard

Harden up princess.

bite me
Reply Quote
Got my invite in my Battle.net account early this morning, no "heads up" in my email, though.

Long story short, check your Battle.net account first, rather than waiting for an email invite. My account was flagged well before Bashiok's forum post.

Looking forward to going home in a few hours, then downloading the client all night long. See you in Pandaria on Friday!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
04/19/2012 02:33 PMPosted by Luiyaren
What about people without the AP? Will we ever get into the beta or no?
Doesn't seem like it
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
04/19/2012 03:21 PMPosted by Timzz
So I just signed up for te annual pass how long will it be until I get my invite?

Give it some time, the started the last wave last night, 400,000 invites. Even if it only took 1 second to flag 1 account, thats still nearly 111 hours for this wave. (Math may be off a bit, im just waking up)i'm not saying its going to take that long, just that it will take longer then the time its been being sent out.

they wouldn't send it out like that. They would send it out as groups of emails/account updates
Reply Quote
66 Undead Mage
04/19/2012 03:15 PMPosted by Ynnel
First Mike Morhaime lies to me, devastating enough. But et tu, Bashiok?

Well as Zarhym has said....the blues get the info pretty much seconds before they send them to us. I think it's a simple copy-paste from the devs to the blues and the blues to us.

A LOT has gone wrong, but honestly I don't blame the blues. They are only internet customer service reps. I don't think they know what's going on any more than we do.

I think it 'stress tested' the entire chain of command in the company from management to the devs to the CMs to production, having to deal with a million plus AP holders.

MoP hasn't even been released yet but the business strategy probably was worth it for Blizzard. Go see today's article on Ars about SWTOR subs.
Reply Quote
Give it some time, the started the last wave last night, 400,000 invites. Even if it only took 1 second to flag 1 account, thats still nearly 111 hours for this wave. (Math may be off a bit, im just waking up)i'm not saying its going to take that long, just that it will take longer then the time its been being sent out.

they wouldn't send it out like that. They would send it out as groups of emails/account updates

The previous waves of 250k have taken anywhere from 12-24 hours. This is 400k, so it's going to take longer.

Edited because I suck at hitting the right number keys apparently. ;)
Edited by Tianjan on 4/19/2012 3:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Annual pass since 10/21, account not yet flagged. I am enjoying the D3 beta very much, though.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
04/19/2012 03:23 PMPosted by Dargaroth
I still don't have my god damn invite and I signed up back in Jan. I just want to test this stuff before I decide to waste money on it when it comes out!

I signed up back in October and still have no invite.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
04/19/2012 03:23 PMPosted by Nanookk

This is sadly how it is done. Their script runs through the day flagging accounts. NOT 1 wave has been just a mass invite that was done instantly.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
So I was invited in the last wave and still (almost 2 weeks) I am unable to login due to the 'login servers busy'. Needless to say, I am frustrated to no end.
Reply Quote
89 Draenei Death Knight
Lol.. I was right about 30 days.. after beta went live..
there was reason for it too...
thx blizz
enjoy beta testing guys
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Didn't get mine yet bashiok but you always get it done so i dont have to worry :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

The previous waves of 150k have taken anywhere from 12-24 hours. This is 400k, so it's going to take longer.

the thing ur not reading is that the other waves said they were sending out the invites and will continue to and it could take up to x many hours BUT this one says that they have already sent out all of them which means they waited till after the invites were sent to create the post instead of making 1 post before/while sending saying "we are sending out more invites it will take x time" then another one once they were done saying "all AP holders are now invited"
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

The previous waves of 150k have taken anywhere from 12-24 hours. This is 400k, so it's going to take longer.
its not like they physically send out an invite that you have to accept. All they should have to do is activate it on your account and be instant
Yeah, but even though it's automatic...the system is obviously made to flag (in this case) 400,000 subs SLOWLY. This is done on purpose. Can you imagine 400,000 players logging in at ONCE? It's done like this, to ease the stress on the servers.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

the thing ur not reading is that the other waves said they were sending out the invites and will continue to and it could take up to x many hours BUT this one says that they have already sent out all of them which means they waited till after the invites were sent to create the post instead of making 1 post before/while sending saying "we are sending out more invites it will take x time" then another one once they were done saying "all AP holders are now invited"
It started last night, Bash is not the one responsible for the invites hes only passing on the news. It may simply be a error in his response. But all waves take time, none were instant and this last wave simply isn't done yet. My GF just got her beta invite 10min ago.
Reply Quote
04/19/2012 03:31 PMPosted by Ondona

I admit it. I made an assumption based entirely on past instances, rather than picking apart the post to find the worst possible connotations.

04/19/2012 03:29 PMPosted by Stillflexin
its not like they physically send out an invite that you have to accept. All they should have to do is activate it on your account and be instant

I am not making this info up. It takes time to flag all those accounts. They don't just flip a switch and suddenly 400k accounts are flagged.

People, I am not trying to shut you down here. I'm trying to pass along info based on past waves, and what's being posted by people who know more about the process than you or I.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
04/19/2012 03:36 PMPosted by Bearskills
From here on out we’ll be continuing to invite anyone else who signs up for the Annual Pass.

So if I were to sign up for Annual Pass this very moment would I receive the beta key instantly? Or, would you have to wait for the next wave? Any ideas as to when beta servers will come down?

Still in the early few stages of beta, Only can get to 87, alot of the Valley quests will crash you while doing it. Its a safe bet to say it will be going on for a few more months. As for your first question, I do not know.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]