[BUG] AQ-40: Vek'nilash Unlootable On Solo

90 Worgen Druid
I've recently been able to solo the Twin Emperors encounter in AQ40 on my boomkin. I've completed it twice, and I've found some strange behavior. After the bosses die, only Vek'lor is lootable (for gold/items). Vek'nilash is just a corpse with no loot.

The first time I tried this, I only ever attacked Vek'lor and put my trees on Vek'nilash when I could. After the boss died, I noticed Vek'nilash was unlootable, and I assumed that it could have been related to me never actually dealing damage to him so he never truly "tapped" to me (similar to what would happen if I killed a mob with just my trees, they only die and are unlootable).

The second time I soloed them, I went bear first and performed a quick series of thrash/lacerates on Vek'nilash to ensure that I did damage to him that would get him on my aggro table. Then I swapped to Vek'lor and nuked him down through the heals. This way took a lot longer (due to not having the lead up time before the healing began), but ultimately, I did kill them. However, when the kill was over, again only Vek'lor was lootable, and Vek'nilash was not.

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Fight Twin Emperors, focus all spell damage on Vek'lor. Don't attack Vek'nilash (probably need a pure caster for this).
2. Kill them through damage to Vek'lor
3. Observe that Vek'nilash is unlootable.
Reply Quote
I've recently been able to solo the Twin Emperors encounter in AQ40 on my boomkin. I've completed it twice, and I've found some strange behavior. After the bosses die, only Vek'lor is lootable (for gold/items). Vek'nilash is just a corpse with no loot.

The first time I tried this, I only ever attacked Vek'lor and put my trees on Vek'nilash when I could. After the boss died, I noticed Vek'nilash was unlootable, and I assumed that it could have been related to me never actually dealing damage to him so he never truly "tapped" to me (similar to what would happen if I killed a mob with just my trees, they only die and are unlootable).

The second time I soloed them, I went bear first and performed a quick series of thrash/lacerates on Vek'nilash to ensure that I did damage to him that would get him on my aggro table. Then I swapped to Vek'lor and nuked him down through the heals. This way took a lot longer (due to not having the lead up time before the healing began), but ultimately, I did kill them. However, when the kill was over, again only Vek'lor was lootable, and Vek'nilash was not.

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Fight Twin Emperors, focus all spell damage on Vek'lor. Don't attack Vek'nilash (probably need a pure caster for this).
2. Kill them through damage to Vek'lor
3. Observe that Vek'nilash is unlootable.

I can confirm that if you do 0 dmg to either of the bosses U will NOT get to loot the boss you didn't dmg
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
If you don't do any direct damage to them, of course you're not going to get any loot from them. The same thing has applied to every single mob in the game since it was launched, and is precisely why pets (including totems) reward no kill credit if they do 100% of the damage to a target.

Deal at least one point of direct damage to the other one and you will be able to loot it. This isn't a bug - it's just how the game works. *ed: Raids worked because someone in the group did direct damage to the other one. If you're in there solo, you have to take the place of other raid members.

As for doing minor damage to one and being unable to loot, that's unusual and would constititue a bug. Otherwise you would have found that physical damage dealers would have only been able to loot one of them, magic damage the other, and healers none - which clearly wasn't the case, and still shouldn't be.
Edited by Asterchades on 4/19/2012 11:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]