Blood Elves STAY Horde

87 Blood Elf Priest
04/20/2012 07:21 AMPosted by Arieus
Blood elves need a stronger racial leader. Lor'themar is currently no better than having captain placeholder as their leader, having done squat in the history of World of Warcraft, and players having little to no interaction with him.

counterpoint: racial leaders didn't run around and play hero in vanilla and BC, they just sat in their throne rooms.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Just gonna throw it out their as a Blood Elf and a Horde Fan that I want blood elves to stay horde where they should be. Kinda hard for someone to let someone you once fought against for your life to walk into you city

*snrk*
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Yeah, I think that Blood elves joining a faction that includes the very race that tried to wipe them out roughly 25 years ago (The orcs. Ironicly, I believe it is said that Quel'thalas voted to execute all orcs after the Second war.) , Their natural enemies (trolls), and the very creatures that marched though their lands and wiped out most of the population (Undead. Yes, they aren't Scourge, but the Humans of Stormwind had NOTHING to do with Garithos' actions, yet the still hate them.)
But it's too late, and I'd rather not see them join the Alliance now.
Edited by Malodin on 9/29/2012 9:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Ah yes let's ignore blood elf presence throughout Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms where they work side by side with the rest of the Horde for the most part, their presence in warsong hold, and pretty much everything else that suggests they shouldn't be part of the Alliance (Morals, attitudes, values, etc...) because the Alliance wants their high elves back... Bah.

Don't let the nonsense get you down OP.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
Say, does Garrosh's treatment torwards Lor'themar count torwards's the mages' challenge?

I've seen more blood elves among Horde forces than I have seen Draenei among Alliance forces.

09/29/2012 09:11 PMPosted by Malodin
Yeah, I think that Blood elves joining a faction that includes the very race that tried to wipe them out roughly 25 years ago (The orcs. Ironicly, I believe it is said that Quel'thalas voted to execute all orcs after the Second war.) , Their natural enemies (trolls), and the very creatures that marched though their lands and wiped out most of the population (Undead. Yes, they aren't Scourge, but the Humans of Stormwind had NOTHING to do with Garithos' actions, yet the still hate them.)

In the regards to humans, you know that Garithos has barely ever been mentioned, and one of the main reason the Blood Elves joined the Horde was because of the alliance spies. Also, the Blood elves have expressed their, ahem, 'desire' to see the Darkspear as their allies. (Likely they said this because they were in desperate need for allies).

Remember, it's not like the Blood elves intended to remain in the Horde for long, however when they discovered their Prince joined the Legion, they choose to remain with the Horde.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Yeah, I think that Blood elves joining a faction that includes the very race that tried to wipe them out roughly 25 years ago (The orcs. Ironicly, I believe it is said that Quel'thalas voted to execute all orcs after the Second war.)

the orcs burned their trees to distract the other alliance forces. also more recently an alliance prince lead a scourge force that wiped out 90% of the Helves, then Gary tried to kill off their last remaining army/royal line for no real reason.

Their natural enemies (trolls

different trolls, jungle trolls had zero interaction with Helves(especialy the exiled darkspear), forest trolls are the H/B elf enemies. two different groups from two different empires.

the very creatures that marched though their lands and wiped out most of the population (Undead. Yes, they aren't Scourge, but the Humans of Stormwind had NOTHING to do with Garithos' actions, yet the still hate them.)

the forsaken were in and around tiristfal when the scourge force went north so they were not the same group that killed all the elves. they also were the only group to actualy help the Belves and push to have them included in the horde.

also Gary was the assumed "alliance" when he did all his horrible, racist, pointless, "get my troops killed" stuff. then the Nelves invaded Belf lands, and the Dwarves were actively spying on the Belves. then the Belves burned their bridges with Draenei. at this point pandas, worgen, and gnomes are the only ones alliance side the Belves dont have a direct issue with.

agreed, they should not join the alliance. they dont like those guys and it goes both ways.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Yeah, I think that Blood elves joining a faction that includes the very race that tried to wipe them out roughly 25 years ago (The orcs. Ironicly, I believe it is said that Quel'thalas voted to execute all orcs after the Second war.)

the orcs burned their trees to distract the other alliance forces. also more recently an alliance prince lead a scourge force that wiped out 90% of the Helves, then Gary tried to kill off their last remaining army/royal line for no real reason.

Their natural enemies (trolls

different trolls, jungle trolls had zero interaction with Helves(especialy the exiled darkspear), forest trolls are the H/B elf enemies. two different groups from two different empires.

the very creatures that marched though their lands and wiped out most of the population (Undead. Yes, they aren't Scourge, but the Humans of Stormwind had NOTHING to do with Garithos' actions, yet the still hate them.)

the forsaken were in and around tiristfal when the scourge force went north so they were not the same group that killed all the elves. they also were the only group to actualy help the Belves and push to have them included in the horde.

also Gary was the assumed "alliance" when he did all his horrible, racist, pointless, "get my troops killed" stuff. then the Nelves invaded Belf lands, and the Dwarves were actively spying on the Belves. then the Belves burned their bridges with Draenei. at this point pandas, worgen, and gnomes are the only ones alliance side the Belves dont have a direct issue with.

agreed, they should not join the alliance. they dont like those guys and it goes both ways.

Arthas ceased to be an Alliance prince after Lordaeron fell. If the other nations were aware of Lordaeron's fall, SURELY one of her closest neighbors would have known.

A troll is a troll is a troll.

The Forsaken are still former Scourge. As I said, I don't think that's right to point fingers at them and say "You were Scourge! I hate you", but the Forsaken had more to do with Quel'thalas' fall than Stormwind had to do with Kael's imprisonment, yet it's Stormwind humans who are getting the brunt of the "You betrayed us!" schtick.

I have said this once, I have said this a thousand times. If Kael had bothered to send just "one" emissary to Ironforge or the Stormwind rebuilding project after he escaped, he would have known that Garithos was acting on his own accord. It is his fault that he assumed "The Alliance is out to get us."

I do think sending spies was a low-down move on the Alliance's part, especially considering they weren't "officially" part of the Horde until near the end of the Eversong quests. (I believe, that point is kinda hazy.)
Edited by Malodin on 9/30/2012 7:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Ah yes let's ignore blood elf presence throughout Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms where they work side by side with the rest of the Horde for the most part, their presence in warsong hold, and pretty much everything else that suggests they shouldn't be part of the Alliance (Morals, attitudes, values, etc...) because the Alliance wants their high elves back... Bah.

Don't let the nonsense get you down OP.

But Sky.

When you say stuff like that, people won't get to complain that Blood Elves don't have a large role despite an expansion being about them.

You wouldn't want that, would you?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Sure, stay Horde.How are them Orcs treating you, buddy?

Or, they don't pay attention to you, you say? They're a bit racist when they do? Even Garrosh talks down to you?

Okay. Well, have fun with that. I guess that's what happens to traitors.

Not much better than the racist humans, I might add. Do I have to remind everyone about Garithos? You can also thank diplomatic relations with Night Elves for keeping the Blood Elves out of the Alliance, who historically have hated the high elven use of arcane magic. I'm genuinely surprised that the High Elves haven't been kicked from the Alliance due to the Night Elves (power to the High Elves for staying pure, by the way).
Edited by Kironys on 9/30/2012 8:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
09/30/2012 08:12 AMPosted by Kironys
Do I have to remind everyone about Garithos?

After Kael'thas and the felbloods trying to bring about the apocalypse, the blood elves can't really cite the few as the reason to hate the many.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
But Sky.

When you say stuff like that, people won't get to complain that Blood Elves don't have a large role despite an expansion being about them.

You wouldn't want that, would you?

That's actually a pretty legitimate complaint. We saw, what, two Horde belf towns in Outland? The rest belonged to the scryers, shattered sun, and Kael's elves. There wasn't even a tie in where the Horde Elves really acknowledged what Kael was up to aside from Liadrin walking in during a non-quest scene.

I actually blame the scryers and Aldor being open to both factions for Blizz thinking neutrality is 'okay'.

09/30/2012 08:16 AMPosted by Celanor
After Kael'thas and the felbloods trying to bring about the apocalypse, the blood elves can't really cite the few as the reason to hate the many.

It's no different than people saying all orcs are bad because they support Garrosh, Garithos's men didn't exactly intervene on behalf of the elves.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Ah, the smell of the scourge. Necromancy at its finest.

09/30/2012 09:18 AMPosted by Skytotem
I actually blame the scryers and Aldor being open to both factions for Blizz thinking neutrality is 'okay'.

Yup, I've said it before, and I'll say it again, neutrality robs the factions of the ability to do anything noteworthy. At this point, The Horde and The Alliance hardly feel like factions, they feel like mines that produce soldiers rather than gold, being used by the neutral factions. The factions have been relegated to pretty much just being resources.

09/30/2012 09:18 AMPosted by Skytotem
It's no different than people saying all orcs are bad because they support Garrosh, Garithos's men didn't exactly intervene on behalf of the elves.

I'm kinda sad they all died. It'd have been interesting to see such tendencies play out in the current Alliance. I guess it was mostly those continental Lordaeron humans who were bigots. Down in Stormwind they're all pretty open minded.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

I'm kinda sad they all died.

Gary would have been the perfect counterpart to Garrosh to really stir up trouble. Their names even both start with Gar.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Blood Elves are sticking with the Horde and Lor'themar is going to recieve development (At last) in the next patch.

High Elves and Night Elves both hate the Blood Elves with a passion, the alliance left the Blood Elves to die after Garithos exiled them, they were on their last legs before the Horde came to the rescue. I'd say saving the enitre race when everyone else wants you dead clears the Orcs from the Blood Elves naughty list, the Forsaken are lead by Sylvanas and she was the first to support the Blood Elves entry into the Horde she may not show it often but she does still care about Silvermoon and its people, the Darkspears have never been allies of the Amani according to quest text in Eversong woods and Halduron respects Vol'jin, no problems with the Tauren beyond disagreements over the usage of arcane magic, and the Goblins? So long as they're paid they stay friendly.

Simply put the Blood Elves have little reason to rejoin the Alliance and the Alliance has little reason to let the Blood Elves back in.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I never understood why the Blood Elves sided with the Horde permanently. They had a lot mroe beef with them, even with Garithos, one general in the entire Alliance. It'd be like if the Muradin's dwarves left the Alliance because of Arthas.
Edited by Scrispy on 10/1/2012 5:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
10/01/2012 05:00 PMPosted by Scrispy
I never understood why the Blood Elves sided with the Horde permanently. They had a lot mroe beef with them, even with Garithos, one general in the entire Alliance. It'd be like if the Muradin's dwarves left the Alliance because of Arthas.

they had way less beef with the horde than the alliance.

alliance races
Humans: Gary and Arthas, the Belves hold the alliance responsable for both of them.
gnomes: no issue
Draenei: enemies since the Belves were still under Kael while he was messing with the Draenie
Dwarves: actively spying on the Blood elves and got caught
Nelves: invaded their lands as a hostile force while they were trying to recover from the scourge and broke their buildings (supposedly).
Worgen: no real issue
pandas: no issue

Horde races
Orcs: burned their forest once.
trolls: no issue had zero contact with them prior to joining the horde
tauren: no issue zero contact
goblins: no issue
forsaken: recieved multiple kinds of aid, then had their obligations to the horde hammered home to them in a short story
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

alliance races
Humans: Gary and Arthas, the Belves hold the alliance responsable for both of them.
gnomes: no issue. Arthas decimated human kingdoms too.
Draenei: enemies since the Belves were still under Kael while he was messing with the Draenie
Nelves: invaded their lands as a hostile force while they were trying to recover from the scourge and broke their buildings (supposedly).

Horde races
forsaken: recieved multiple kinds of aid, then had their obligations to the horde hammered home to them in a short story

Orcs: Attempted to invade their land and almost succeeded, burning down their ancient trees and killing quite a few elves. Kael was pretty mad about the trees.
Trolls: While never having encountered the Darkspear specifically, elves and trolls have a very long running racial feud. Some blood elf npcs are racist towards troll players.
Tauren: No contact.
Forsaken: Their citizens are rather suspicious of them and Sylvanas, but didn't have much of a choice.
Goblins: Fought them during the second war, don't think too highly.

Humans: Have had a very long alliance with them, have been working with them for centuries sense the troll wars. The humans saved them from the Horde no less.
Dwarves: Had petty racial squabbles, but no major wars or anything to the extent of troll-elf.
Gnomes: Little contact.
Nelves: Tyrande and Kael had a decent friendship and they helped each other out. They were exiled a thousand years ago.

It doesn't make too much sense on why they would suddenly abandon their ancient allies so easily. Sure, Garithos was mean to them but he was one general.

Not to mention the blood elves had rather close ties with the Kirin Tor, and they joined the Horde before it went neutral.
Edited by Scrispy on 10/1/2012 10:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
10/01/2012 10:16 PMPosted by Scrispy

alliance races
gnomes: no issue. Arthas decimated human kingdoms too.

Horde races

Orcs: Attempted to invade their land and almost succeeded, burning down their ancient trees and killing quite a few elves. Kael was pretty mad about the trees.
Trolls: While never having encountered the Darkspear specifically, elves and trolls have a very long running racial feud. Some blood elf npcs are racist towards troll players.
Tauren: No contact.
Forsaken: Their citizens are rather suspicious of them and Sylvanas, but didn't have much of a choice.

Humans: Have had a very long alliance with them, have been working with them for centuries sense the troll wars. The humans saved them from the Horde no less.
Dwarves: Had petty racial squabbles, but no major wars or anything to the extent of troll-elf.
Gnomes: Little contact.
Nelves: Tyrande and Kael had a decent friendship and they helped each other out. They were exiled a thousand years ago.

It doesn't make too much sense on why they would suddenly abandon their ancient allies so easily. Sure, Garithos was mean to them but he was one general.

Not to mention the blood elves had rather close ties with the Kirin Tor, and they joined the Horde before it went neutral.

huge double standard. Two people are enough to make up for racial tensions when it comes to the nelves but with horde races, only the general race matters when the actual subcultures had no problems.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock

Jungle trolls are not forrest trolls! two different groups, from two different empires, seperated by half the world. Blood elves have no issue with people they had no contact with. the two different trolls dont even look the same.

Arthas killed 90% of them, they blame humans for that. Garithos tried to kill off their last army and heir to the thrown of the nation, the last heir to the throne. both are much worse than what happened with the orcs... especialy since the orcs were forgiven and humans were not.

also it was not a long alliance. it was one split city founded by elves, 100 magi trained by elves, and two major contacts in roughly 10K years. Kill trolls, kill orcs after the orcs burned a forrest and the Helves arm was twisted. Helves promply quit the alliance once things are settled.

one cartel fought against the alliance in WC2, i believe it was the Steamwheel. it was not the Bilgewater. the blood elves have no issue with the current horde goblins.

they hostily invaded Blood elf lands and started spying on, sabotageing, and killing Blood elves. in the starter zones. it was a major quest arc.

they were caught spying in the starter zones.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]