Blood Elves STAY Horde

90 Undead Warlock
Trolls: While never having encountered the Darkspear specifically, elves and trolls have a very long running racial feud. Some blood elf npcs are racist towards troll players.

Jungle trolls are not forrest trolls! two different groups, from two different empires, seperated by half the world. Blood elves have no issue with people they had no contact with. the two different trolls dont even look the same.
Blood elves don't see it like that. Hence why there are racist blood elf NPCs.

10/01/2012 10:16 PMPosted by Scrispy
Humans: Have had a very long alliance with them, have been working with them for centuries sense the troll wars. The humans saved them from the Horde no less.

Arthas killed 90% of them, they blame humans for that. Garithos tried to kill off their last army and heir to the thrown of the nation, the last heir to the throne. both are much worse than what happened with the orcs... especialy since the orcs were forgiven and humans were not.
Just like he did with Lordaeron? Garithos is one general. It seems odd for them to abandon such a long alliance from that isolated incident.

also it was not a long alliance. it was one split city founded by elves, 100 magi trained by elves, and two major contacts in roughly 10K years. Kill trolls, kill orcs after the orcs burned a forrest and the Helves arm was twisted. Helves promply quit the alliance once things are settled.
The elves never quit the Alliance after the Second War. Their Alliance after the troll wars only faded. They never went to war though, and they always had peaceful relations.
Goblins: Fought them during the second war, don't think too highly.

one cartel fought against the alliance in WC2, i believe it was the Steamwheel. it was not the Bilgewater. the blood elves have no issue with the current horde goblins.
Again, I don't believe the elves see cartels too differently.

Nelves: Tyrande and Kael had a decent friendship and they helped each other out. They were exiled a thousand years ago.

they hostily invaded Blood elf lands and started spying on, sabotageing, and killing Blood elves. in the starter zones. it was a major quest arc.

After they joined the Horde.

Dwarves: Had petty racial squabbles, but no major wars or anything to the extent of troll-elf.

they were caught spying in the starter zones.

See above, and spying is a lot less than invading your lands, burning down your ancient forests and slaughtering tons of your citizens.
Edited by Scrispy on 10/1/2012 11:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
10/01/2012 11:02 PMPosted by Scrispy
Just like he did with Lordaeron? Garithos is one general. It seems odd for them to abandon such a long alliance from that isolated incident.

You know they only joined the Alliance in WC2 because they were blackmailed into it, right?

And even then, they only sent token forces to fulfill their contractual obligation. As soon as they were done, they pulled all support and told the Humans to shove it.

The High Elves' (now largely Blood Elves) so called "long alliance" with the Alliance is vastly overstated.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

You know they only joined the Alliance in WC2 because they were blackmailed into it, right?

And even then, they only sent token forces to fulfill their contractual obligation. As soon as they were done, they pulled all support and told the Humans to shove it.

The High Elves' (now largely Blood Elves) so called "long alliance" with the Alliance is vastly overstated.

That's been retconned. In the official novel they send token forces and even then it was on Alleria's behalf, but after the Alliance save them from the Orcs they completely join in the war effort, and after that a fruitful alliance continued.
Edited by Scrispy on 10/1/2012 11:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue

This is false.

See above, and spying is a lot less than invading your lands, burning down your ancient forests and slaughtering tons of your citizens.

Spying by the dwarves during a time of national crisis. Meanwhile the nelves were openly hostile.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

This is false.

Is it? I might be wrong then.

Spying by the dwarves during a time of national crisis. Meanwhile the nelves were openly hostile.

As far as I recall all they did was sabotage and spy. The Horde did far worse.
Edited by Scrispy on 10/1/2012 11:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue

This is false.

Is it? I might be wrong then.

As far as I recall all they did was sabotage and spy. The Horde did far worse.[/quote]

yes, you are wrong. they did this before the blood elves joined the horde.

Sabotaging during a national crisis is pretty bad. Especially when they finally humble themselves enough to accept that they need help. So, the horde helped them when they needed it even though other faction had previously opposed them while the exact same factions of the alliance sabotaged them and were hostile when they needed help. Them joining the horde makes complete sense.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
10/01/2012 11:14 PMPosted by Scrispy
That's been retconned. In the official novel they send token forces and even then it was on Alleria's behalf, but after the Alliance save them from the Orcs they completely join in the war effort, and after that a fruitful alliance continued.

There was no retcon. During Warcraft II, it was stated that the High Elves decitated their full might after the Horde invaded Quel'Thalas. And they did leave the Alliance as soon as the war was over, they do not care about humans, only a few token elves were in Warcraft III, mostly on behalf of Dalaran than Quel'Thalas.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
10/01/2012 11:14 PMPosted by Scrispy

There was no retcon, to my knowledge

Quel'thalas pulled out of the Alliance almost immediately after the end of the second war and cut ties with humanity, having decided they were even. The Elves blamed the humans for failing to come to their aid (the Elves are kind of a bunch of jerks).

You have to go back 3000 years to the Troll Wars to find the last time the Elves allied with the Humans. Even then, it was purely out of necessity, and they only pledged to work with the Humans because they owed 'em big time.

At this point, Quel'thalas has spent more time working with the Horde than it did with the Alliance, since the events of the Second and Troll War were shorter than the time passed between BC and now.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
i know im an Ahole, but i do have the basic WC history correct, and people argueing against me have it wrong... right?

if im spreading blatantly wrong information i would like to know so i can correct my behavior.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Garithos may have been a **%##%%%, but he was a **%##%%% with a plan of action.

He pulled together all the Alliance remnants in Lordearon, formed them into a cohesive fighting unit, and help of the Scourge from his strongholds for a LONG TIME.

If I was in his position, were my entire nation and every nation allied with me up and got wiped out I would be pretty of set myself. He was trying to making something out of almost nothing, and the last thing he needed was The Elves going to path of "Lol we don't give a !@#$" like they did at the end of the Second War.

Seriously, the Elves had a right to be mistrusted by Garithos, they already sold the Alliance out before.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
He was trying to making something out of almost nothing,.....

he was trying to save humanity at the cost of any other race. CDev confirmed he wasn't concerned about anyone but humanity. So his whole policy was "Lol, we don't give a !@#$ about you elves/dwarves/anyone who isn't human".
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/02/2012 03:42 PMPosted by Vadâr
Lol we don't give a !@#$" like they did at the end of the Second War.

Except they didn't... They left the Alliance to deal with their own issues AFTER the war was over.

Nobody expected the 3rd war to happen. Even Uther.
http://youtu.be/qMYJVv07CoE?t=6m47s

It was, by majority, a time of peace between the 2nd and 3rd wars. Also Quel'thalas helped out much more than Gilneas. At least he High Elves sent Priests and Magisters to help ward off the plague and remaining Orc threats.
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Death Knight
Lore bonus for all of you! Going back to the first troll wars of Quel'Thalas, the elves didn't really want to go crawling to the 'barbaric' humans, but they were forced to do so. After that they kept more or less to themselves, besides the occasional npc they stayed in Quel'Thalas.

In a brilliant strike of desperation, Lothar reminded them of their ancient debt. That is the ONLY reason the Quel'dorei joined the Alliance of Lordaeron to begin with. After the Alliance failed to send forces to help against Arthas (not that it would have mattered all that much) the few remaining High Elves rallied under Prince Kael'Thas and took the name Blood Elves in honor of their fallen people.

While he was in Dalaran (a city built mostly by elves and ruled by what was originally a largely elven organization) the Prince along with all other elves in the city was imprisoned and sentenced to death by Grand Marshal Garrithos, the highest ranking official in Lordaeron, pretty much everything else having been slain and raised by the scourge. He did this due to his prejudice against elves, born when he was young when his home was destroyed while he was assignment in Quel'Thalas. He was advanced quickly in the armies because of the constant openings created by the war, and because of his late father's reputation as a lord.

The elves escaped with the help of Naga, pretty well sealing their fate. They were enraged not only at what they considered their abandonment, but the near execution of a large group of their most powerful magisters and the Prince. The Alliance then recoiled upon learning they accepted the help of the Naga. As a result, the Blood Elves tried to rebuild some of their kingdom (which is still pretty much in ruins to this day), and were more or less forced to join the Horde. They also began to siphon magical energy from the beings around them, in the absence of the now shattered sunwell. Thus came the split of the High Elves and Blood Elves. In fact if they hadn't had to leave their home and abandon their people the High Elves would have again stayed in the background. Any prevalence they have is pretty much fueled by their wish to distinguish themselves from the Sin'dorei.

Kael'Thas headed to Outland to find a new source of magic for his people, he was corrupted, and we had to kill him. That's all I'm going to say about that.

So considering everything the Blood Elves have gone through, the last thing we need is a faction change. We are closely allied with the Forsaken, and not uncomfortable with our other allies, though we aren't entirely respected by some of our more immature allies (Garrosh the Runt comes to mind). The Blood Elves need to rebuild their kingdom and people, and find a new leader before they should even be mentioned in the story, much less make any MORE big changes. In light of what they have survived, the Sin'dorei are one of the strongest races in the game.
Edited by Maihray on 10/3/2012 11:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]