WTB the name 'Divx'

85 Undead Mage
Hello Stormreaver,

I've been in trade channel pestering people off and on the past couple of days with no luck so I thought I'd give this a try.

I'm willing to pay very well for this name if you have it. Please respond on here or in game to me. I promise to make it worth your while.

Before anyone suggests petitioning to a GM I am glad to let you know that I have already done this and have been told that this name belongs to an active account/player. Due to this they are unable to unlock the name for me.

Thanks in advance!
Edited by Spastic on 4/21/2012 2:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Would a GM "unlock" a name for you if the player/account was inactive? I've never heard of that before.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
04/21/2012 02:31 PMPosted by Wolfspaw
Would a GM "unlock" a name for you if the player/account was inactive? I've never heard of that before.
Allegedly. People have posted that they've been successful in having it done.

Here's the last reply I received from a GM:

Greetings Spastic,

Thank you for contacting the Game Master department!

I took a look at the account holding the name Divx as you requested. It does indeed look like the character itself hasn't logged in for quite some time, but the actual account is still currenly paying an active subscription and playing on various other characters. Unfortunately as long as the account is active, we cannot actually free up a name on it I am afraid.

We can sometimes free up names, but it isn't based on how long the physical characters has been offline, it is based on how long the account has been inactive. Because technically it isn't against any rules or anything to just hold a name for reservation as long as you are a subscriber.

I do apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any other name requests though or anything else at all we can help with, please feel free to hit us up again any time. Take care! :)

Regards,

Game Master Kazmodiar
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support
Edited by Spastic on 4/21/2012 2:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
You can get names unlocked, as I was able to get a few names before i xferred here in november. However the guidelines aren't clear as to what can qualify taking the name from a non-active account.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Also I'm willing to pay a finders fee to anyone who knows the person who has this name and is able to get in touch with them. Obviously you would be paid only if the person with the name contacts me.
Edited by Spastic on 4/21/2012 4:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Bump
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
i never seen u before in trade ever ....
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Bump, hoping someone notices. Offering lots of gold for this name.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
To the top...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Yes, when I moved to stormreaver, my name was Natethegrate... the name Natethegreat was taken! But I asked a gm, and it was an inactive account, and they freed it up for me! :D
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Bump
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Good to know, thanks! All the names I regularly use were taken when I transferred over so it might be worthwhile to see if they can be freed up.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Bump WRU name!?!?!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Bump
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]