Best pet for PvP?

85 Orc Hunter
I see lots of spiders and crabs because they can snare melee attackers, but what else is there? I really don't want to be just another hunter with a spider/crab, but if that truly is the best pet for PvP than oh well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Monkey is generally the best, a 4 second disorient is more powerful than a snare. It also allows for a second "scatter" when scatter trapping, in case you needed to use your scatter shot as an interrupt of some sort.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Sporebat.
Reply Quote
What I do:

I have a tiger and a wolf for buffs depending on who I am playing with, and then I have just a bunch of monkeys.

What you can do is make an abandon macro to instantly abandon a pet so you can bring out a new one with new roar of sac and monkey blind abilities.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Monkey blind is a cool ability, but it's on a 1 min CD compared to a 40 CD snare. Also any damage removes the blind, where as you can keep on attacking a snared person. I'd probably prefer snare over blind for those two reasons.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
i switch to a moth if fighting a caster specially mages
crab or shale spider for melee
wolf or [spirit beast] for cluster fights
monkey or silithid are good but i rarely use them [no intervene]
bettle or turtle i might get to tank Drek one day.
Reply Quote
For mm a monkey is far and away the best. A lot of classes can laugh off a spider web - a ret can cleanse or hand of freedom it, a feral can just dash or stampeding roar out of it. etc. So you need a cc that will make the target lose control of his character. Monkey blind is so much better that it's best to just swap out one monkey for another to give one blind and roar of sac after another. The big downside to the blind is it breaks on damage so a piercing shots proc can really mess you up.

For bm I start duels with a spirit beast and swap out for a shale spider during deterrence or when I otherwise get the chance. Shale spiders have a 3 sec stun on only a 32 sec cd- you can use it even when the target has DOTs on him.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
04/20/2012 02:06 AMPosted by Deceitful
Monkey is generally the best, a 4 second disorient is more powerful than a snare. It also allows for a second "scatter" when scatter trapping, in case you needed to use your scatter shot as an interrupt of some sort.

For Arenas or situations where you need to lock someone down in CC with little chance of them being hit directly after it is good. Scatter, Trap, Blind, Silence on one target can be incredibly powerful. As far as kiting which is mostly what you'll be doing in BGs a spider is superior, the 5 second snare that doesn't break on damage is invaluable. It all depends on what situation you find yourself in. Or you can be fancy and swap pets while the other's special ability is on cooldown.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
For mm a monkey is far and away the best. A lot of classes can laugh off a spider web - a ret can cleanse or hand of freedom it, a feral can just dash or stampeding roar out of it. etc. So you need a cc that will make the target lose control of his character. Monkey blind is so much better that it's best to just swap out one monkey for another to give one blind and roar of sac after another. The big downside to the blind is it breaks on damage so a piercing shots proc can really mess you up.

For bm I start duels with a spirit beast and swap out for a shale spider during deterrence or when I otherwise get the chance. Shale spiders have a 3 sec stun on only a 32 sec cd- you can use it even when the target has DOTs on him.

Yes that is what I'm afraid of with monkey blind, any damage will ruin the blind. I will mostly be doing BG's and you know your teammates will be hitting him which makes the blind useless.

What about a ravager? I read they have a 2 second knockdown ability, which I would prefer over a snare.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhvvNGeHHME

Sorry couldn't resist :D
Reply Quote
88 Draenei Hunter
IMHO I would go:

Random BG's/World PvP - Crab (Pin + Intervene gives you the most survivability solo)
Arena 2's - Monkey (Blind for extra control on the healer)
Arena 3's - Spider (Web for fast switches)
Arena 5's - Spider (Same as Above)
RBG's - Spider (Web for slows and control, with decent damage)

In RBG's or Random BG's if the flag carrier builds up a lot of stacks you can pull out a Cat or Wolf for extra dps.

So I would always carry Crab, Monkey, Spider, Wolf, Cat. And you'll never have to visit the stables.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter

What about a ravager? I read they have a 2 second knockdown ability, which I would prefer over a snare.

Removed, they now have an increased physical damage buff. Bats have a 2s ranged stun however if that's what you want to try out.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
monkey for all except rbgs, any pet with call of the wild for increased burst, you can use spider in rbgs for fc maps too. monkey for node holding maps.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Wow Silithids have a huge stamina buff, that's nice, makes them way better than spiders, too bad you have to be BM to use them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]