How to survive as a Moonkin in 3's?

85 Night Elf Druid
I geared up as Boomy and I'm having a really fun time with it. Two of my friends and myself hit 1700 after our second night.

I'm already running into survivability issues. I can handle casters fairly well, but throw a Rogue on me and I'm toast.

How do my fellow Boomkin's take them on? I pop all my defense CDs but it just isn't enough. Our only chance right now is that my buddy can grip me away, or the Ele can blow them back.

Thanks guys.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
As a boomkin...Rogues are going to be very hard. They walk through us as if we aren't even there. Natures grasp might get some distance if he blew CoS early in the fight. Other than that I'm not really sure.
Edited by Interactive on 4/21/2012 7:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Your resilence is a bit low. ;o
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
04/21/2012 07:21 AMPosted by Cuyler
I pop all my defense CDs but it just isn't enough.

LOL BOOMKIN DEFENSIVE CDS

No, for real, stack the crap out of resil, and pray for peels
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I pop all my defense CDs but it just isn't enough.

LOL BOOMKIN DEFENSIVE CDS

No, for real, stack the crap out of resil, and pray for peels

This.

CANT. WAIT. FOR. MoP. CDS

The only 2 truly 'viable' 3s comps i know of are spicy chicken and l.s.d
Edited by Eternalrose on 4/22/2012 5:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
When it comes to a 1v1 vs a rogue, the best thing you can do is be patient. First and foremost, save your trinket for kidney shot. If trinket's on cd, barkskin. As soon as you can get free, nature's grasp -> HoT up. At this point i would assume the rogue will cloak. Then, (assuming you havent died already :P) sit in bear for the duration of cloak, demo roar, and bash. Your final tool is typhoon. If used properly (think like a hunter) this should give you more than enogh time to set up shrooms or get a stack of lifebloom rolling.

The strat above is simply an example.

Whenever you can break free/create a gap, (cyclone) Hot yourself up.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
On most any team you will be the focus, just because its easy to lock a boomkin down. Anticipate that, and gear like your a RBG flag carry. If it can be gemmed res, do so. Unless you have baller pve trinket...get res pvp trinkets as well.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Also take points out of dreamstate and max palling and put a point in furor for insta stamp roars from kitty
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I feel Moonkin is near unviable at low gear level. You rely to much on being tanky to make the comp work when you die outside of bombs.

04/22/2012 03:09 PMPosted by Bizy
Also take points out of dreamstate and max palling and put a point in furor for insta stamp roars from kitty

You put 1 point in furor mostly for the interrupt, not so much the roar.
Playing without Dreamstate is also pretty risky. Like way too risky for my tastes. You wouldn't even be able to offheal or mushroom if you ran without Dreamstate.
Edited by Billgatez on 4/23/2012 2:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
/cast Cat Form
/cast Prowl

hide.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Al-tho i wish this weren't true.

Moon-kin cant do enough damage while kiting, while extremely powerful when able to free-cast, there is hardly opportunity for that in arena. Cyclone is a bad peel because of immunity and roots is broken too easily, it is just difficult to play moom-kin in most pvp situations. I hate that this is true but it is also universally understood to focus Chicken.

My best advice would be try your best to stay LoS and wait for MoP haha.
Edited by Leftovrcrack on 4/23/2012 5:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
throw shrooms around a pillar and explode them + kite around, or try get near an edge and boom them off. bear from > bear bash + survival cds or bear bash into a cyclone. you may want to straight up start casting a second cyclone if their trinket is up. SM > cyclone.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I geared up as Boomy and I'm having a really fun time with it. Two of my friends and myself hit 1700 after our second night.

I'm already running into survivability issues. I can handle casters fairly well, but throw a Rogue on me and I'm toast.

How do my fellow Boomkin's take them on? I pop all my defense CDs but it just isn't enough. Our only chance right now is that my buddy can grip me away, or the Ele can blow them back.

Thanks guys.
you and your teammates will need to cc the heck out of a rogue sitting on you. you wont be able to deal with him alone.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Druid
You need more resil, and you're constantly juking kick, cs, spell lock, and you are constantly cycloning. Do not forget your focus skull bash macro and to root solar beam healers. Also use bear stun. Keep dots on everythign at all times, that means water elementals, warlock pets, hunter pets, and even healers. And to set up a kill put down three mushrooms in solar eclipse pop ur burst and explode them when u have full dots on everything. Constantly peel and constantly get peels.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]