NFL Draft

90 Blood Elf Priest
This thread is for the gamers who follow football. While I’m probably asking for it, please don’t troll this thread if you don’t have something fun or constructive to add.

The NFL Draft is six days away.

The Indianapolis Colts officially won the “Suck for Luck” sweepstakes and news leaked yesterday that they’ll officially draft him at number one.

The Washington Redskins sold their soul (or close to it) for the second pick and it’s a fairly certain assumption that they’ll select RG3.

With the 15th pick, I hope the Philadelphia Eagles get lucky and select Luke Kuechly, if he’s still available. Who do you hope your team selects?

I’ll be watching the Draft on Thursday and Friday night and I’ll either be celebrating or sobbing. Where there’s football, there’s beer (if you’re old enough). What do you have 'on tap'? Here are some of the beers I’m considering stocking my fridge with during this awesome event.
Weihenstephaner Hefe-Weissbier
Paulaner Salvator
Weyerbacher Simcoe IPA
Dogfish Head 90-Minute IPA
Sam Adams Boston Lager
Troegs Hop Devil
Guinness

If the Draft goes terribly for my beloved Eagles, I’ll have a four-pack of Weyebacher The Blithering Idiot on hand to put me out of my misery.

Good luck next week!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Fridge needs more Yuengling. And go with a different Sam Adams. Boston Lager is good, but the Cream Stout or Irish Red (If you have a store near you that carries it) are my favorites.

Good call on the Dogfish Head though.

As for the draft, as long as my Buc's don't do anything too stupid, I'm happy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
04/20/2012 09:06 AMPosted by Theweekday
Irish Red

If I want Irish Red, I typically reach for Killian's. I may have to give this a try, though.

04/20/2012 09:06 AMPosted by Theweekday
As for the draft, as long as my Buc's don't do anything too stupid, I'm happy.

I feel the same about Philly
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
As a long long longtime Raiders fan .... draft day sucks :(

edit: 'course now that Davis is dead, maybe just maybe, a year from now, the Raiders might do some good in the draft.
Edited by Snow on 4/20/2012 10:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
04/20/2012 10:07 AMPosted by Snow
As a long long longtime Raiders fan .... draft day sucks :(

Do your guys have any draft picks left after trading for that used up has been Carson Palmer?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
I'm hoping Carolina can find some defense in the draft

Everyone else scrambling for quarterbacks? Cam Newton<3
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
04/20/2012 10:59 AMPosted by Jsz
Cam Newton

What an investment he turned out to be. Newton will turn that franchise around.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
the trade was for a first round pick this year, and if the raiders make the playoffs, the first round pick next year.

pretty sure they blew that last game just to keep from getting into the playoffs...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Those picks are worth tons more than the caliber quarterback they got.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I'd definitely like the Titans to get a wide receiver because Britt can't seem to finish a season for one reason or another. Locker looked good in the time they gave him last season. O-line is strong... they might have to draft someone that will scare CJ straight.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Being a proud Giants fan, I will be awaiting the Eagles picks as well. More interesting however than the "dream team" Eagle to me is what the Jets do with their picks.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
04/21/2012 09:09 AMPosted by Donasrogue
Being a proud Giants fan, I will be awaiting the Eagles picks as well. More interesting however than the "dream team" Eagle to me is what the Jets do with their picks.

It's good to see you again.

Hell, if you lived a tad closer, I would have invited you over to watch the Draft with me. Did I tell you I live near Somerville now?

And, by the way, I hate the words, "Dream Team."
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

u and every Eagles fan cringes every time those words are mentioned ;p
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
I'd love it if Donta' Hightower slipped to my Ravens, but I don't really see it happening. I'd be satisfied with an LB, guard or safety really. Or even trading back.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
long time raiders and giants fan!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
04/21/2012 04:57 PMPosted by Snow

u and every Eagles fan cringes every time those words are mentioned ;p

Isn't that the truth. Vince Young became Persona non Grata the moment he uttered those words.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
my fridge is stocked with:

diet mountain dew
diet mountain dew
diet mountain dew
diet mountain dew
diet mountain dew
diet mountain dew

and my tv is set to bravo because real housewives is on
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
As much as we don't really need a WR, I really hope Floyd somehow drops to 15.

Floyd
Jackson
Maclin
Mccoy

Yes please. They'll probably go DT though and rightfully so. Kuechly would be nice but I don't see him getting to 15.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
04/24/2012 10:57 PMPosted by Bananamagic
Yes please. They'll probably go DT though and rightfully so. Kuechly would be nice but I don't see him getting to 15.

I'm praying to any God that'll listen that he drops to 15.
As much as we don't really need a WR, I really hope Floyd somehow drops to 15.

Floyd
Jackson
Maclin
Mccoy

While I like the way you think, we really need to beef up our defense. What's killing me right now is that they're trying to trade Asante Samuel instead of transitioning him to Safety. He could be the Brian Dawkins of this era...and those are pretty big shoes to fill.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Flexur Cox
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]