Why such stat gain in Cata?

10 Dwarf Paladin
This is not a QQ post because final stats at 85 don't really affect the lower levels but I am just CURIOUS, why is it that stats went up so high in a mere 5 levels in cata?

Geared level 70's were around 12-17k health or so if I remember correctly, level 80's were 25-35k or so. And that's a 10 level differentiation, now only 5 levels later it's exponentially quadrupled where geareds are at 200k health easily.

I'm just curious why did they do that? It used to be a few geared 60's can take down a 70 and same for 70 to 80 etc...now a 85 can probably annihilate over 50 level 70-75's or higher, it's just weird to me.

And also creates the stupid problem of twinks at 79 which are the most retarded I've seen. They're in a bracket with guys that have 10-13k health and they're critting 20k and have 40-50k health because they get cata gear and farm the 79 bracket. I got 1 shotted by 20k eviscerates from a twink rogue on my 14k health 78 shammy.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
They planned on greatly increasing hp while scaling damage much slower. This is not what happened in the end.
Reply Quote
10 Dwarf Paladin
Well that's a joke cus all stats skyrocketed meteorically not just stamina so basically people can still get global'd and 3 shotted and whatnot at 200k health so what's the point. Just real stupid to me. What's the health gonna be at level 90/ Pandaria?? 1 million?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
04/20/2012 03:51 PMPosted by Phaeion
Well that's a joke cus all stats skyrocketed meteorically not just stamina so basically people can still get global'd and 3 shotted and whatnot at 200k health so what's the point. Just real stupid to me. What's the health gonna be at level 90/ Pandaria?? 1 million?

04/20/2012 12:58 PMPosted by Ticatwo
This is not what happened in the end.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]