Druids CAN'T be main tanks! You NEED a shield

90 Night Elf Druid
What more can you say? Healers like us, a DK and warrior said nice things here.

I won't even bash Paladins. I love all our tank brothers.

I will only say this: if he has a problem with YOU and not the shieldless DK (I mean really?), he doesn't comprehend basic bear mechanics. And in fact, like people have said he is likely gunning for your spot. Talk to your guild leader, and do remember this.... and this part IS mean.

You are a TANK, there's a reason CTA is in place. People always need tanks. Sounds and looks like you know how to tank, so... The worst they can do is give you a chance to find a smarter guild. Personally, I think you'll be ok.

Side note: I wonder what that guy will think with the shieldless monk tanks and symbiosis. Might have a stroke.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I really don't understand people sometimes.

I agree, as a druid, you'll make a better OT if you go the bearcat route (higher damage since if you're not actively tanking 100% of the time, you can throw kitty bleeds up), but if you're not into that, either role will work for DK / Bear tanks.

If the RL caves to this childishness (or is a "friend" of this guy and plays favorites), then I agree, find a smarter / more fair guild to run with and take the smarter members of your guild with you. They deserve better.

04/24/2012 02:22 PMPosted by Verrin
Side note: I wonder what that guy will think with the shieldless monk tanks and symbiosis. Might have a stroke.

lulz
Edited by Taswind on 4/24/2012 6:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If he's trying that hard to get his paladin into raids, he's better off trying to boot one of your healers and gear as holy.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Blood dk and feral druid works together, even for H Spine... it is much more difficult w/o a block tank pre nerf. However, its been done w/ non block tanks.
"Druids CAN'T be main tanks! You NEED a shield"
As much as he said that as his reasoning which might be a bit rash, if he was a bit more diligent in saying a block tank + absorb tank works better together then 2 absorb tanks, then maybe he might sound more convincing.
But in the end, sounds like that dude wana replc ur tank or reroll really bad.

If he still needs convincing, just link him world of logs w/ both feral tank + blood dk. Especially when it comes down to a fight where block tank dominates aka heroic spine. You can use my world of logs if need be. No block tank here :<
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Or tell your partner to DPS while you solo tank and watch as you still do more DPS tanking than he would DPS since he has the absence of intelligence to state something like that.
Reply Quote
http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/#1s0000

show him this, then LOL
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/#1s0000

show him this, then LOL

Another thing that the raid leader could look at is the fact that the first guild to clear all of H DS (the Korean one) pretty much stated Protection paladins were the worst tanks.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Shields?

Screw that, real tanks block with their faces.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Druid
Those who insist on a shield tank main tanking is only the type of person who is fearful of a bad string of RNG where you don't dodge and get plowed. Then they relegate you to OT and force you to accumulate 4 sets of gear and play the offspec for 50% of raids.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm wondering why I can never meet ppl's like the OP's guildie so I could chew them out for being a bumbling idiot.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
04/21/2012 03:16 AMPosted by Demonboom
This guy is almost harassing me with whispers about how there's NO WAY this tank combination will work because one of the tanks NEEDS a shield. We just don't have a BLOCK and therefore will fail miserably on heroic modes and even if we do get through we make healers mana die quickly.
I lol'd because my guild only uses myself and a blood tank for any sort of tanking unless one of us is absent and we cleared H Madness and all other heroic fights (yes after the nerfs, but we wouldn't have been any closer with shield tanks).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I lol'd. My guild has 2 raid teams. Team #1 runs with a DK/Pally combo (with the intention of getting me to drop boomkin for bear to take the DKs spot within the next month for personal reasons). I've tanked Madness after Thrall decided to not save our DK and the Pally got gibbed twice. RL was about to call wipe when he noticed me tanking the Terrors.

Team #2 run with a Bear/whatev (had a warrior but he's been AOL for a bit). <3 that bear, he solo tanks most of DS.

I've been told that I take less dmg when I randomly OT DS then either of the regular tanks do, so I daresay our healers will be even more bored when I take over. (They already 1 heal Ultraxion, and our resto shammy switched to Ele)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
The whiner is clearly someone interested in securing a spot for his up and coming pally and not interested in guild progression. As soon as the OP mentioned the whiner had a tank to gear, the story was over.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
But we do have a shield.. Our mastery..
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Another thing that the raid leader could look at is the fact that the first guild to clear all of H DS (the Korean one) pretty much stated Protection paladins were the worst tanks.

To help out, here is the link for the interview:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2594-KIN-Raiders-Heroic-Spine-of-Deathwing-Coverage-Diablo-III-Beta-Giveaway-Blue-Posts

"For tanks, Paladins were far inferior to DKs and Druids. Thus, prot Paladins were benched."
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
@OP

As everyone else already stated, your raid's OT is an idiot. Druid's are quite strong.

Assuming you are doing ten man, your best tank setup right now is a Blood DK MT and a Bearcat OT. The reason for this is druid's are strong tanks with the ability to be in dps form half the time, this allows ten man groups to meet tight enrage timers they may not otherwise meet since it's like bringing an extra half of a dps.

Not sure how anyone would put Pallies at the bottom of the tanking heap though, warriors hold that distinction.

Warriors have one standout raid utility (unsurpassed mobility) that is useful on exactly one fight in DS (heroic spine). Paladins at least can bring hand of sac to help the other tank, hand of freedom for heroic hagara, lay on hands to save someone, hand of protection to save someone else, and divine shield.

I MT for a 25 man raid on my Paladin tank and do 5/8 hm's just fine, Tanking is less about the class and more about just being a good tank.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
04/23/2012 12:44 PMPosted by Pointblanket
Why block with a shield when you can block with your face?
Reply Quote
I was MT back in wrath in our raid group over a prot warrior. He was 10x more squishier than me.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
This toon only does normal mode, but I solo tank everything except for Ultra/Boat easily. Bears are just fine.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]