PANDA DRUIDS!

85 Orc Death Knight
04/21/2012 05:21 AMPosted by Grëgory
Screw the lore, I want pandacat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binturong
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
/Takes drink

So anyways, girl, I'm a big shot here in Azeroth. Back when I was 15 I had both the Alliance and Horde clamoring for me. I didn't let it inflate my ego though.

What do you do?

I'm a bear that--wait for it--turns into a bear. Pretty sweet, huh?

Whatevs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
04/23/2012 06:16 AMPosted by Tunsafun
at least they can't be death knights.. if they crowbar'd that in there, I'd be pissed.

They will be able to become DK two expansions from now when Metzen decides after redeeming Illidan, that Arthas needs to come back.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Why would pandaren be druids?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Blizz says they don't do cenarion magic.

They don't get to do cenarion magic.

All your exercises in trying to find/create lore loopholes is futile and said otherwise.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
I think every race doesn't have to be able to be every class, and laziness has nothing to do with it.

Just my two cents.

Laziness has something to do with it when it's druids because they'd have to make aditional models for the forms, and they don't want to do that. Well, maybe not 'laziness' but 'not enough time/resources.' Apparently they cut down many things in Cata due to not enough time or resources to meet an artificial deadline that nobody set up.

Anyway I like your panda cat form Shimoko. I think it was well done and very cute.

why thankyou! maybe blizz should just hire me!! but i think they dont like aussies.. (the dreaded latency curse).... obviously they are just jealous!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Blizz says they don't do cenarion magic.

They don't get to do cenarion magic.

All your exercises in trying to find/create lore loopholes is futile and said otherwise.

well thankyou MR. PESSIMISTIC..... we all know you dont have any imagination....
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
There are enough Druid races in the game as is. Even if there aren't any real lore barriers we've already got two races on each faction capable of being a Druid which is more than enough.
Reply Quote
04/22/2012 07:48 PMPosted by Shimoko
i think it is more logical to replace panda rouges with panda druids... i dont think a panda should be capable of stealthing around

MoP is heavily based on Asian society, do ninjas ring any bells? Plus, all societies have had some form of covert-op/assassin/intel-gathering/thieving/subtle persons sometime in their history; I don't see a reason why that would change just because it's a race of panda-like beings.

Though it may make sense for them to be druids, it is possible that they just never conceptualized druidism. It is implied by their lore that the Pandaren broke off relations with the Night Elves centuries before the first druid (Malfurion) began learning it. Also, where shamanism is a religion based around working with, respecting and worshipping spirits, druidism is a spirituality based around nature as a whole; the two are completely different belief systems. The Pandaren would not likely have gotten one from the other, they're in two completely different leagues.

The final fact is, Pandaren can't be druids for one very simple reason: The developers don't want them to be. This might change later, in a patch or expansion; but for now, the Pandaren are 100% unable to be druids.
Reply Quote
04/23/2012 06:06 AMPosted by Shimoko
and as a panda, well is an animal, and is really more a 'part of nature' than many humans, i dont see many flaws in my logic...

Humans are animals too and just as much a part of nature as anything else.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
04/23/2012 05:40 PMPosted by Adammara
i think it is more logical to replace panda rouges with panda druids... i dont think a panda should be capable of stealthing around

MoP is heavily based on Asian society, do ninjas ring any bells? Plus, all societies have had some form of covert-op/assassin/intel-gathering/thieving/subtle persons sometime in their history; I don't see a reason why that would change just because it's a race of panda-like beings.

Though it may make sense for them to be druids, it is possible that they just never conceptualized druidism. It is implied by their lore that the Pandaren broke off relations with the Night Elves centuries before the first druid (Malfurion) began learning it. Also, where shamanism is a religion based around working with, respecting and worshipping spirits, druidism is a spirituality based around nature as a whole; the two are completely different belief systems. The Pandaren would not likely have gotten one from the other, they're in two completely different leagues.

The final fact is, Pandaren can't be druids for one very simple reason: The developers don't want them to be. This might change later, in a patch or expansion; but for now, the Pandaren are 100% unable to be druids.

but... but.... pandacat! :(
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
04/23/2012 05:45 PMPosted by Adammara
and as a panda, well is an animal, and is really more a 'part of nature' than many humans, i dont see many flaws in my logic...

Humans are animals too and just as much a part of nature as anything else.

actually i believe most humans are not as involved with nature as many animals... we live in houses and drive cars... the exceptions may be hermits, who actually live in nature... humans have distanced ourselves from nature..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
enough druids already seriously, why a bear or dog can transform into a cat/bear/seal SERIOUSLY
Reply Quote
04/23/2012 05:46 PMPosted by Shimoko
but... but.... pandacat! :(

Don't get me wrong, druids are, by far, my favorite class in the game; but Pandaren druids don't make any sense to me based on what has been written in their lore, and I have yet to hear a compelling enough reason for it beyond 'but I want it and it'd be cool/funny'.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
04/23/2012 05:54 PMPosted by Adammara
'but I want it and it'd be cool/funny'.

and that is the BEST type of reason! ^_^
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
PANDACAT!. And instead of a treant restos turn into a bamboo of some sort.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
04/23/2012 05:52 PMPosted by Bloodydark
enough druids already seriously, why a bear or dog can transform into a cat/bear/seal SERIOUSLY

you're just jealous because warlocks cant be as cool as druids! :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
04/23/2012 05:58 PMPosted by Shimoko

sorry i am better than them, until mop
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
04/23/2012 05:59 PMPosted by Bloodydark

sorry i am better than them, until mop

NOTHING beats pandacat! >:D
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
04/23/2012 02:20 PMPosted by Hellica
Screw the lore, I want pandacat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binturong

that is sooo cute!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]