Need a serious ANSWER!

90 Human Warrior
Arms or Fury for Pve? Is there a big difference, I love the way Fury looks, but I see more Arm warriors in raids? Can anybody answer this for me, as I want to get back into my warrior.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
There are alot of threads asking the same question. The answer I'm seeing most of the time is that Arms pulls higher DPS by a decent chunk (I'm seeing like +5k dps). Although the new expansion should be coming up sometime soon so imo I'd stick with what you like. I just like Arms because the rotation is really simple to follow.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
04/21/2012 11:16 AMPosted by Swaghound
There are alot of threads asking the same question. The answer I'm seeing most of the time is that Arms pulls higher DPS by a decent chunk (I'm seeing like +5k dps). Although the new expansion should be coming up sometime soon so imo I'd stick with what you like. I just like Arms because the rotation is really simple to follow.

Fury's is much simpler.

People play arms because fury got nerfed, arms didn't. Arms is way ahead.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
imo, the "SERIOUS" answer is: What are you going to do with it?

Because without question, Arms does more damage than Fury atm. No one will challenge that fact.

But the deeper reality is that no matter what you want to do at this point, even Heroics, it can get done with Fury. If your raid can't kill something because you're Fury... something else is wrong with your raid. They'll take the easy-way and blame you because you're not in "maximum" spec, but the fact is, it's not THAT much different to make or break ANY fight in the game at this point.

There are, of course, lots of little factors to consider but for the most part (and the point of my leading question) whatever you want to do can be done with Fury. Just keep in mind that Arms does IN FACT do more damage.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Honestly I would love to play fury TG but I just prefer having a tougher rotation but with more dependable rage flow. I use a G-13 so I have broken arms down to something similar to playing chords on a guitar dependant only on rage level, which keeps my eyes off my bar and in the game.That plus dps makes it's a winner for myself.

But whatever you enjoy is what you should use. The more you enjoy something the more it and you will improve with time.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Whatever you have weapons for is the correct answer.

*edit* Arms parses better and will most likely perform better for you.
Edited by Tedd on 4/23/2012 1:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
Change to warrior tank, then you will know challenge! :) Like driving a manual transmission vehicle vs. automatic (all other tanks). However, queues are non-existent for tanks, so there ya go...
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
04/23/2012 06:06 AMPosted by Meldron
Change to warrior tank, then you will know challenge! :) Like driving a manual transmission vehicle vs. automatic (all other tanks). However, queues are non-existent for tanks, so there ya go...

All tanking is pretty much the same now.

I like my warrior best because of the mobility, that's about it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I like Fury, I play Fury, and even in raids I go Fury. Until I'm not top 1 or 2 DPS I'll stick with it. It's pushed through for our progression firsts and not held anyone back, so...why swap it.

Granted, come heroics and all, I may end up pushing that button to swap specs, but until then...eh, I play it how I like it.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Arms does ~20+% better sustained, single target dps.
Arms does much better dps on fights that involve AOE.
Arms has throwdown, useful on Warmaster, on Sappers.
Fury requires twice the weapon farming to be effective.

Fury does better burst damage.
Fury has better self-healing.

If you haven't cleared 8/8 heroic, go Arms.
If you're having trouble on tendon damage on heroic spine - it doesn't all rest on your shoulders, arms will still help your raid more, given the AOE damage you can provide before Tendon showing 5, stay Arms imo.
If your raid group is seriously having tendon dps issues on heroic spine and you're the only thing left to modify, go fury.
If you've cleared 8/8 heroic, don't give a !@#$ either way, are more interested in pushing WoL dps records, or are stuck in the glory days of Fury dps from vanilla - go fury.
Edited by Travex on 4/23/2012 10:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]