Dear Dungeon Levelers

90 Draenei Death Knight
Dear Hunters;

There is a reason why your class is known as Huntards.

Sincerely;
~ Lola

p.s. No idea how I ended up with hunters.
p.s.s. Oh wait yes I do, because most of them, not all, have either a target rating of negative WTF or don't understand what the role of a DPS vs a tank is.
p.s.s.s. For some reason I just got the urge for a Churro. :O
p.s.s.s.s. Time to make a call. :o
Reply Quote
04/24/2012 03:07 PMPosted by Lolacuteness

Yes, Philber the Magnifico has been known to have that effect on the ladies.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Dear Hunters;

There is a reason why your class is known as Huntards.

Sincerely;
~ Lola

p.s. No idea how I ended up with hunters.
p.s.s. Oh wait yes I do, because most of them, not all, have either a target rating of negative WTF or don't understand what the role of a DPS vs a tank is.
p.s.s.s.s. Time to make a call. :o

for the record.. you add p's and not s's
ps
pps
ppps
pppps

Post Script,
Post Post Script
Post Post Post Script

etc.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
It's cute when low level tanks think they're needed in a dungeon.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
Hi, I'm the good tank, do whatever the hell you want to, I'll make up for it.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Priest
Hi Tank,

Im the DPS that out dps's you even considering the overpowered vengeance scaling in the lower levels.

Im in full heirlooms like 95% of the rest of the dps around my levels. I dont really notice when you are AFK or pull too slow cause I pull when and what I want and do just fine.
Edited by Graytooth on 4/24/2012 7:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Hi everyone.

Low level dungeons. Serious business. Soloable.

Serious. Business.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight

for the record.. you add p's and not s's
ps
pps
ppps
pppps

Post Script,
Post Post Script
Post Post Post Script

etc.

Why you killing my hopes and dreamz? I get along very well with Pallies. They like pink you know. Don't hate. Appreciate and donate to the Lola Human Fund.

~ Lola
Reply Quote
04/24/2012 11:32 AMPosted by Drakulich
there's these interesting things in punctuation called periods. they signify the end of one sentence and the beginning of another.

There's also these things called "capital letters", and they are most commonly used to signify the beginning of a sentence (and proper nouns).

edit: busted for poor spelling lol
Edited by Kurfage on 4/25/2012 9:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I think you meant "capital" while we're on the topic of grammar. o.o ...But of course there's the subject matter of what people have been doing with their lives before they marched in and wiped your group. <.<

What's the big deal about who's in charge and what's happening? As long as people know what they're supposed to do - and they're doing it, I don't see the issue here. Roles are roles because there are positions that each member of the group needs to be securing for the other parts to succeed.

Teamwork. =]

There's absolutely nothing to complain about until you're no longer able to rely on BoAs to faceroll through everything. When you're expected to get your rep, enchants, flasks/elixirs/pots, food, and whatever else - it's a gigantically different subject matter.

In fact just this morning I've found:
A.) Hunters that don't know what traps are
B.) DKs DPSing in Blood with two 1hs.
C.) Squishy Tanks - don't think about it too hard

The list could go on if I were to part with everything I've seen in the last week.

Most of the time I can rely on having a relatively short que (since I'm tanking more often than not between whatever else I'm doing) and just not bother with these things - but it's really luck of the draw. Because if I drop and reque, who knows if it's going to be the exact same thing over again.

What would I recommend? Have some patience, be courteous and attempt working with your group.

Mr. Big n' Hotshot carrying everyone isn't getting very far if he's got no one to carry or show off to. Because that's not the point. You can't be doing EZ-Icandoeverythingushutup instances forever (or maybe you can if you really liked that sort of thing <.< ).

My point being you're only putting in more work for yourself by fighting with everyone all the time.

When you lay off and they're still fists a flyin' - you're no worse for it.

It can actually be entertaining. ;]

Learn to love. <3
Reply Quote
I needed the laugh today. As a "new" player I was extremely nervous that I'd screw something up, and after reading this it's no wonder why. Fortunately, I joined a group of guys that let me know my role and gave me a general list of what I should and shouldn't be doing. Of course the list isn't fool proof but I try and communicate as much as possible to learn so I don't make the same mistake. I honestly didn't realize there was so much bitterness between classes though. Guess if I'm doing something wrong people won't hesitate to let me know...

Do high level players or those with years invested really hate new players that much? I was very skeptical about the game but can honestly say I've enjoyed myself tremendously so far. Just wish I could figure out all the acronyms so I don't get lost in conversation so often.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Sadly... yes. Mostly from what I've gleaned from geared players in starter-heroics. New players only sole purpose is to kill experienced players' grooves.

Of course everyone can't be as high and mighty as them. (390ilvl DPS in Deadmines for instance (pun)).

Tanks that won't bother to wait for a (lowly they might say) healer that's not able to heal through 3 continuous pulls w/o cc (crowd control) and then wipe and then drop group. Makes absolutely no sense.

BUT! For new players there's always media on-line that'll give you a head-start on what to do or what things mean.

For instance: http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/534914-world-of-warcraft/faqs/40176

A what might be conclusive list of most (if not all) the acronyms commonly used by players.

The most helpful resource is scouting for an active and interactive guild with the kinds of people that are good team players.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
1.) if your healer is stressed i feel bad, Healing at your lvl is a afkfest or it was on my druid... pop Rejuvenation and do something else
Reply Quote
Sadly... yes. Mostly from what I've gleaned from geared players in starter-heroics. New players only sole purpose is to kill experienced players' grooves.

Of course everyone can't be as high and mighty as them. (390ilvl DPS in Deadmines for instance (pun)).

Tanks that won't bother to wait for a (lowly they might say) healer that's not able to heal through 3 continuous pulls w/o cc (crowd control) and then wipe and then drop group. Makes absolutely no sense.

BUT! For new players there's always media on-line that'll give you a head-start on what to do or what things mean.

For instance: http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/534914-world-of-warcraft/faqs/40176

A what might be conclusive list of most (if not all) the acronyms commonly used by players.

The most helpful resource is scouting for an active and interactive guild with the kinds of people that are good team players.

I try to take in as much as I can so I don't get in the way and still contribute. Great site, should help a lot. I appreciate any help I can get.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
I love reading posts like this, as Healers and DPS keep throwing that claim around that tanks are needed in low level dungeons.

I'll remember that next time I see a Priest healer getting 3-4 shot by those giant tree enemies in Dire Maul. You know, the one that stuns you then eats you alive?

"tank"
"tank"
"halp"
"halp"
"halp"
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
04/24/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Talyriel
I'm having to pop CD's

You should be doing this regardless.

Let me break this to you the best way I can: Until about level 60, the mage can tank. Until about level 80, hunter pets can tank. You get some alt in full brutal gear at 70 with heirlooms and epic gems and you can generally solo a lot of the early Wrath dungeons.

I get that you want to tank low level dungeons properly, but losing the ego will take you far.
Reply Quote
50 Tauren Paladin
I agree with the OP.

I do 80% of my groups DPS every single run. I pull according to how fast DPS kill things, which means that I get impatient healers more often than anything. They say "PULL MOAR NOW LUK AT ALL MY MANA I CAN HEEL U" but I prefer steady chain pulling, I find it faster than pulling a ton of caster mobs then running around like a chicken with his head cut off trying to keep aggro on them all, and interrupt them so they'll come attack me, because God forbid the 3 other worthless party members actually do something other than auto attack.

But the people you are addressing with this post are not the bads that you are encountering in your groups. Most of them don't read the WoW forums.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Meh. I try my best to keep everyone alive and rarely have to kick anyone. I know a bad tank or dps when I come across one though.

By the way wtf is up with the crummy dps in HoT dungeons lately? Everyone is below 15K. Back when I was running those on my dps main everyone pulled over 20K, or so that's how I remember it. Now as a healer the dps stinks and the fights drag on forever putting a strain my my mana!
Edited by Orianne on 4/25/2012 2:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Who says anonymity granted by the internet allows people to display narcissistic tendencies they wouldn't show elsewhere? I mean, really.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]