L'ghorek and Nespirah

86 Troll Priest
I was wandering through vashj'ir looking for poseidus the other day

and a thought occurred to me

How did nespirah and l'ghorek get to the places they're at?

i mean, there didn't use to be any water in that particular area

and their legs(?) are like buried REALLY REALLY deep

so how did they get there and what made them want to move from their original places?
Edited by Dragonheals on 4/21/2012 6:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Troll Priest
while we're on the subject are the lightless reaches canon to wow lore?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
They're snail ancients, so they can certainly move, though perhaps not very quickly.

Vashj'ir was always an area that was underwater, at least since the days of the Sundering - the night elf cities have been there for ten thousand years.

And any area in the game pretty much has to be canon.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
04/21/2012 10:35 PMPosted by Goldenyak
They're snail ancients

They're Crabturtles, not snails.
04/21/2012 06:53 PMPosted by Dragonheals
so how did they get there and what made them want to move from their original places?

Demigods or not, they're still likely inclined to follow basic biological needs, they probably simply traveled there.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
i thought they just sort of walked there, you know checking out the new underwater area that just showed up recently to them.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Priest
Vashj'ir was always an area that was underwater, at least since the days of the Sundering - the night elf cities have been there for ten thousand years.

no kidding

And any area in the game pretty much has to be canon.

no

i doubt trenches thousands of feet deep where there used to be land and night elves can really be canon

04/21/2012 10:41 PMPosted by Onimontu
they probably simply traveled there.

but why?

i mean they probably started off in the seas off of kalimdor and eastern kingdoms what drove them specifically to that spot?

it's bothers me that these 2 massive demigods we see in vashj'ir have hardly any lore other than the questlines we do with them
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Maybe they were drawn to the breach to the Elemental Plane of Water.

Maybe they're from the Abyssal Maw.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
04/22/2012 06:22 AMPosted by Dragonheals
i doubt trenches thousands of feet deep where there used to be land and night elves can really be canon

Why not? The Sundering sank something like 80% of the continent under the sea, and we've seen Night Elf ruins far further from the Maelstrom. It's entirely seeming that some chunk of civilization was drowned and dragged to the abyss in the Sundering.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock

but why?

i mean they probably started off in the seas off of kalimdor and eastern kingdoms what drove them specifically to that spot?

it's bothers me that these 2 massive demigods we see in vashj'ir have hardly any lore other than the questlines we do with them

Maybe... they were drawn to that spot to mate. Nespirah could have been fertile...
;)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
04/21/2012 06:53 PMPosted by Dragonheals
How did nespirah and l'ghorek get to the places they're at?

They likely walked. They have several legs, including some that look like Ozumat's.

i mean, there didn't use to be any water in that particular area

They may have come about after the Sundering, or moved there from the original ocean.

and their legs(?) are like buried REALLY REALLY deep

They could have recently buried them.

The Abyssal Breach?

They're snail ancients,

04/21/2012 10:41 PMPosted by Onimontu
They're Crabturtles, not snails.

Nespirah and L'ghorek do not seem to have any real-word analogues, but are somehow related to crabs.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
but why?

Judging from their disposition, they're filter feeders, likley gnawing at sediment for tasty bits. The recently sunk continent could have had just the right mineral count and a plethora of drowned animals to cause them to move their.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Priest
04/22/2012 09:39 AMPosted by Pumlaxer
They may have come about after the Sundering, or moved there from the original ocean.

04/22/2012 06:22 AMPosted by Dragonheals
no kidding

04/22/2012 10:03 AMPosted by Onimontu
their disposition, they're filter feeders, likley gnawing at sediment for tasty bits. The recently sunk continent could have had just the right mineral count and a plethora of drowned animals to cause them to move their.

Maybe they were drawn to the breach to the Elemental Plane of Water.

Maybe they're from the Abyssal Maw.

both of these actually make sense
Reply Quote
Vash'jir was always under water, guys...

At least it was for the past 10-15,000 years.

They could have even been born there, and grown to that size in the 10,000 year break between the Sundering and now. And never have been anywhere else ever.

They could even have been tiny little guys, the size of my thumbnail, when they arrived.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]