Would it be wrong to use the Mask of Penance?

85 Orc Death Knight
would it be wrong to use that purple Judgement recolor helm with my gear like half of all other DKs in existence?

I want to use this set:
http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=24980.-18:43566:25569:10129.2041:10130.2041:25593:25585:27790#.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
Use what you like I say. I use that helm with my gear and I like it.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
I got the whole set. Er, wait, never got the shoes. I should get the shoes so that as people are falling over dead at my feet, they can see them.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I think your set looks good and unique without it. Everything matches and this is the first time I've seen a set like it.

Admittedly, that helm wouldn't look bad with it, but as you said it's something that A LOT of DKs use (as well as Warriors and Paladins). I, personally, am more of a fan of unique and matching sets; it's kind of nice to look different and looking different makes people turn their heads. Just my 2c, though.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
People really need to get over the special snowflake syndrome that seems rampant here. I see people go out of the way to make some "unique look" for the sake of originality and 7 times out of 10 end up looking worse than the great looking sets that "everyone uses".

Purple judgement is used a lot by death knights because its a dark version of the most iconic paladin armor in the game. Lots of people use Scourgelord or darkruned armor because those sets look really badass.

Just go with whatever you think is cool.

I'm roleplaying a fallen paladin, so this set makes the most sense. I also love plate skirts and hoods so win-win.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
People really need to get over the special snowflake syndrome that seems rampant here. I see people go out of the way to make some "unique look" for the sake of originality and 7 times out of 10 end up looking worse than the great looking sets that "everyone uses".

Purple judgement is used a lot by death knights because its a dark version of the most iconic paladin armor in the game. Lots of people use Scourgelord or darkruned armor because those sets look really badass.

Just go with whatever you think is cool.

I'm roleplaying a fallen paladin, so this set makes the most sense. I also love plate skirts and hoods so win-win.

A tad snarky for someone posting their opinion, don't you think..?

All I did was say that I like unique sets. The OPs is very good-looking as it is in my opinion. That's all. I didn't say anything bad about the Purple Judgement set. People will use what they like, I don't care. Someone was asking for an opinion, so I gave it.
Reply Quote

All I did was say that I like unique sets. The OPs is very good-looking as it is in my opinion. That's all. I didn't say anything bad about the Purple Judgement set. People will use what they like, I don't care. Someone was asking for an opinion, so I gave it.

You are reading into stuff I didn't type. I didn't even direct my response at you so I don't know why you thought I was responding to you specifically. Also how snarky something is or isn't is a totally subjective thing, again if you chose to interpret it that way I can't help you.

I responded in general. If the OP wants to use the purple judgement hood cause she thinks it looks cool she should. Using something that you think looks worse for originality isn't worth it IMO
Edited by Lauralei on 4/23/2012 2:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight

You are reading into stuff I didn't type. I didn't even direct my response at you so I don't know why you thought I was responding to you specifically. Also how snarky something is or isn't is a totally subjective thing, again if you chose to interpret it that way I can't help you.

I apologize. You didn't really point at or refer anything to me, that was just my interpretation of your post so I was being overly defensive.

I kind of just assumed it since you posted about "special snowflake syndrome" after my post about saying how I like unique-looking sets.

Anyway, I digress as this isn't helping the OP. We both have varying but equally good opinions on transmog. As long as you wear what you like and have fun, in the end it doesn't matter. <3
Reply Quote

I kind of just assumed it since you posted about "special snowflake syndrome" after my post about saying how I like unique-looking sets.

Anyway, I digress as this isn't helping the OP. We both have varying but equally good opinions on transmog. As long as you wear what you like and have fun, in the end it doesn't matter. <3

No problem these misunderstanding happen.

On the topic of the OPs transmog set. I think that Dark leather cape would match better than the one she is using.

Its fairly easy to find on the AH on most servers.

edit=its called Dark Leather Cloak, not cape my mistake. Dark Leather Cloak
Edited by Lauralei on 4/23/2012 2:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Can dk frost spec still wear this set?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Can dk frost spec still wear this set?
everyone else can except you.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Why do I need to be blood
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]