Question on my Bio and some Night Elf lore.

80 Night Elf Druid
This will be my first time RPing so I was wondering if the following bio I came up with is okay and if the lore in it is correct. I read a lot of stuff on both these forms as well as what I googled and it all kind of got jumbled in my brain so I'm a little lost.

So first off my Bio:

I really only have a base idea that I'm more concerned about with people not understanding/not liking because it doesn't follow the "rules". So my idea was that my character would be a Night Elf Druid that is a kind of anthropological bio-historian. By that I mean he has decided to dedicate his life to learning all that he can about the Ancients, those giant tree things if anyone is not sure of what I mean, that protect the forests of Azeroth. He spends his time learning about their anatomy, their abilities, and their history and their take on the history of Azeroth seeing as they can live for, what I assume based on something I read, tens to hundreds of thousands of years. He also is hoping to someday sit in at a meeting of the Circle of the Ancients. So this is really my base story and the only part that I really have concerns about. Mainly how it would possibly be received.

My second delema is about some Night Elf lore. Mainly how long Night Elves live. On place I read said up to about 700 years while another, which quotes an official Blizzard article, which states that they can live up to thousands of years. Which is more widely accepted with RPers?

Thanks for any help in advance! And sorry again if any of this is spelled out in another thread. Like I said I honestly can't remember where I read what while come up with the idea. I'll answer any questions as soon as I can to help clarify anything people might need help with.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
04/23/2012 12:19 AMPosted by Azathal
My second delema is about some Night Elf lore. Mainly how long Night Elves live. On place I read said up to about 700 years while another, which quotes an official Blizzard article, which states that they can live up to thousands of years. Which is more widely accepted with RPers?

Nordrassil stands again I think they restored immortality.
Edited by Kimerian on 4/23/2012 5:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
04/23/2012 05:54 AMPosted by Kimerian

There's nothing confirmed to say they regained immortality. In fact everything argues against that atm.

Basically Night elves were immortal up until Malfurion woke the wisps to nuke archimonde at Nordrassil. So night elves can be anywhere between a few decades old to anything just past 10 thousand years old. (Possibly older we don't really know).

All that is known is that they don't have many children, due to this. Children are extremely rare amongst the night elves. Now they're facing mortality although again we don't know what the natural life span of the night elves actually are either. There's nothing really documented on this.... all night elves alive now, unless they're one of the rare few children born in the decade since Hyjal... have been unable to die of old age.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Overall your character bio is alright you don't push any boundaries and it is alright for a druid to try and understand more about the Ancients.

Also Waralia touched on the age thing so it is alright.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

There's nothing confirmed to say they regained immortality. In fact everything argues against that atm.

Basically Night elves were immortal up until Malfurion woke the wisps to nuke archimonde at Nordrassil. So night elves can be anywhere between a few decades old to anything just past 10 thousand years old. (Possibly older we don't really know).

All that is known is that they don't have many children, due to this. Children are extremely rare amongst the night elves. Now they're facing mortality although again we don't know what the natural life span of the night elves actually are either. There's nothing really documented on this.... all night elves alive now, unless they're one of the rare few children born in the decade since Hyjal... have been unable to die of old age.

Actually according to the latest lore, I think in one of the short stories, the first of the old night elves, the ones that were physically old before the raising of Nordrassil have died of old age.

Night Elf immortality wasn't soley the product of Nordrassil, it was the pact laid on the Night Elves by the Aspects. The pact was broken when Nordrassil was all but destroyed. The Aspects did not renew that pact when Nordrassil was healed, probably for the following reasons.

1. An awareness that the job is better done by mortal races than Immortals.

2. The acknowledgement that their own time was coming to a close and that the Age of Mortals was about to dawn.Night Elves are mortal, and will always be mortal from now on. Deal with it. For the race, it's actually a positive development, at least in the long term. It gives them greater investment in the present and may actually serve as a jumpstart on their population. It also will help with curing the ossification of Night Elf culture, as these long-lived leaders will have to make way for new blood.
Edited by Drahliana on 4/28/2012 7:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
04/23/2012 12:19 AMPosted by Azathal

There actually have been official Blizzard articles which have gone both ways. Given that old age has begun to strike down the eldest Kaldorei, I'd go with the shorter figure as it seems more consistent with recent developments.

700 years however is still a much longer tenure than any other of Azeroth's mortal races. With the possible exception of murlocs.
Edited by Drahliana on 4/28/2012 6:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]