Reddit like karma system?

Do you guys think blizzard should implement a sort of points system into the forums?

You can vote up or down on people's posts and they accumulate these points over time so they can show how much positive feedback they have given.

I know there are trolls but I think the system would still work well.

edit: Show specifically from what forums the points were accumulated though. This will prevent someone who has spent alot of time in the tanking forums from looking too reputable in the dps forums ext.
Edited by Darkråi on 4/23/2012 9:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/23/2012 09:36 AMPosted by Cuddlebun
No.

some feedback on why :D?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Even ppl on reddit hate the karma system. People would make posts just to increase their karma, and it would become an endless cycle of meme and rage comic posts.

So no
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
It would be abused.

I am sorry find things in your REAL LIFE to boost your egos over. A popularity system, in a game that so many think is somehow a substitute for real life. Would only meet many failures, and griefing.

THIS IS ONLY A VIDEO GAME. Nothing more. If more people treated it as such, the community itself would not be such a cesspool.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
The internet is terrible and full of racist %!!@#%#!#s.

FTFY
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It's unnecessary and would just be another epeen meter.
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Hunter
A lot of posters will go grey.
Reply Quote
84 Goblin Shaman
The world is terrible and full of racist %!!@#%#!#s.

FTFY

Fixed it again.
Edited by Nikolatesla on 4/23/2012 11:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
04/23/2012 09:57 AMPosted by Johren
Reddit is terrible and full of racist %!!@#%#!#s.

someone sounds a bit mad.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
The last thing we need is to give forum posters more power.
Reply Quote
71 Dwarf Paladin
04/23/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Sternbridge

When they transitioned to these new forums there was a lot of talk of cleaning them up. Anything that encourages people to behave themselves is a good thing. If you think treating other people with respect or otherwise being helpful is equivalent to showing off your epeen then I do not believe you understand the concept of that term.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
04/23/2012 11:40 AMPosted by Hamgrenade

When they transitioned to these new forums there was a lot of talk of cleaning them up. Anything that encourages people to behave themselves is a good thing. If you think treating other people with respect or otherwise being helpful is equivalent to showing off your epeen then I do not believe you understand the concept of that term.

That's not how karma works on reddit
Reply Quote
You can vote up and vote down posts. If you find a poster you do not care for, you can ignore their entire account. This system works just fine.
Reply Quote
71 Dwarf Paladin
You think reddit has an ounce of basic respect?
If so, lol. People will abuse it if they disagree with you, if they agree with you for some asinine reason(EX-Transmog) and yada yada.

First, whether or not redditers have respect for one another is irrelevant. Blizzard doesn't have to invite the entire reddit community over to their forums just to implement their own rating system.

Second, I don't particularly care if someone gets "karma" for having a cool transmog set or making a hug-a-whatever thread. Why would that bother me?

The way I envision it, there would be no penalty for low "karma", and really no bonus for high "karma". What I would like to see is something in the forum avatar that denotes a high level of respect from the community.

So if I was a complete jerk to everyone my avatar would look just the way it is now. If there was some other poster that was always helpful and respectful they might have a nice border around their avatar. Just a little incentive for people to think before they post.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]