Looking for a Rogue's distance addon

90 Tauren Druid
As seen in:

Cataclysm Recap Video: Legendary Rogue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8LZrTxFnQPQ#!

The rogue has a red circle around him showing the distance he needs to keep while stealth. I would like to add this to my druid and rogue. I have spent hours looking on curse, google, and these forums. Most iv found were people asking same question with no reply.

Thank you in advance <3
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
it only apears when you are doing the quests for the rogue legendary daggers it is not an addon
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
oh lol GM said they thought it was :) but is there anything like it outside the quest?

and ty for the reply :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
No. Addons aren't allowed to draw in 3D really.
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Priest
oh lol GM said they thought it was :) but is there anything like it outside the quest?

there might be in MoP, they haven't documented all the API changes but from the bits I've seen rogues might get something like that built in.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

there might be in MoP, they haven't documented all the API changes but from the bits I've seen rogues might get something like that built in.

That would b AWESOME!!! I already cant w8 for MoP, but if they add that id b so happy :)
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
04/23/2012 10:57 PMPosted by Bõb

If rogues get an AVR-style thingy to mark their stealth range in the 3d world, I demand a similar dongle for Blink/Rocket Jump/Disengage destination.

EDIT: Of course, if this only exists during the legendary quest and is not a new general UI element that they get (of which I've seen no indication in beta yet; mind, but I haven't played my rogue at all really; he's my bank alt); then nevermind.

EDIT EDIT: After hopping on my beta rogue, I got no indicator of my stealth range on my target (remember; it is dependent on level difference), nor any indication (other than pulling aggro) when I entered that range, just like now. I did not notice if the icon still shows up over the heads of "detector" units; I didn't find any.

Thus, it is most likely that this was just a feature of that questline and not a preview of a new UI feature.
Edited by Sumcallmetim on 4/24/2012 1:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I'm looking for a red circle as well, as shown in the legendary quest. So far I've found an addon called http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/powerauras-classic which I will give it a shot and let you know!

I'd like the addon to support red circle around my character to show my melee range, stealth detection range (approx range that an average player or mob at my level will see me) and a circle around mobs to show their aggro range (approx).

EDIT: If you mess around with the settings, PowerAura can be a pretty cool temporary addon until you find a better one.
Edited by Donatebloodz on 5/6/2012 1:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
As previously said, this cannot be done. Addons cannot draw in 3D. PowerAuras can draw a circle around your own toon in 2D on the screen (not projected in 3d to mark the range), based on a condition of if you're in/out of range of whatever you're currently targetting. It's just a yes/no confirmation like that one on the default buttons (little dots) to show you if you're within range or not.

No such addon can be made. You can submit it as a suggestion to the blizz developers using the new ticket/suggestion system and that's about it.
Edited by Sedivy on 5/6/2012 1:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Highly unlikely that Blizz will allow manipulation of the 3D world, there was already that drawing addon to help with raid position and movement and they broke that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]