Tortheldrin, Dying but not dead!!

90 Pandaren Priest
After Pred, Dragon Soul, and other bigger named guilds left the server many thought Tortheldrin was washed up.

We currently have a 8/8 HM guild with <POWK> and two 6/8 HM with <Ascend> and <RR>. <Ascend> is on the verge of 8/8 HM. I dont know where <RR> are in Spine progression.

<POWK> went through a lot of crap and a lot of main raider changes. Their 8/8 is more impressive then just the completion of Realm First.

<Ascend> also has had a lot of crap happen and have had multiple main raider changes. We raid only two nights a week, most weeks it has actually only been one night due to RL issues that plague us, and many other guilds.

For not having any guilds that raid 4+ nights a week, with hardcore raiders, and a huge population to choose good raiders from, I would say that Tortheldrin still has some kick !@# raiders.

It sucks for those that need to be carried for a while to improve, but thats what happens when you cant have a plethera of players to make up for baddies.

So here is a big shout out to <POWK> for coming back from a 6 month break and bringing home realm first. Also to all those other guilds making the best of a dying realm.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
It sucks for those that need to be carried for a while to improve, but thats what happens when you cant have a plethera of players to make up for baddies.

Spurgeon?

jk but I can't help but harass him =)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
hey, I DESERVED THAT "The Turning Tide" OKAY MAN? I earned that. Me. Not Foreseeker.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
LOL, PvE. But seriously you guys are a riot. Not bad for a low pop server.

<Slogan>
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I clearly remember that H:LK died when spurgeon stopped healing and a ret paladin healed in his place.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Well said, Amenzie. <AD> has had some serious attendance issues, too. I think it just happens on Torth. Here's hoping we'll be on Spine soon at least :P Hagara should go down soon after next week (when GM returns from a friend's wedding) for 5/8...!?! :P
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
WOOT, SPINE DEAD...KEEPING IT KICKING STILL
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Well said, and grats again on spine!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Sounds like you guys are still doing your thing on Torth! Good luck to you all.. I miss the good times!
Reply Quote
After Pred, Dragon Soul, and other bigger named guilds left the server many thought Tortheldrin was washed up.

Tortheldrin, Dying..wait, dead!

No one but Torth locals knew about Pred, DS or any other Torth guilds. Such big named guilds! Are you really that narrow-minded?

For not having any guilds that raid 4+ nights a week, with hardcore raiders, and a huge population to choose good raiders from, I would say that Tortheldrin still has some kick !@# raiders.It sucks for those that need to be carried for a while to improve, but thats what happens when you cant have a plethera of players to make up for baddies.

If you are bringing up that no one raids 3-4+ nights a week, then you might as well not even bring it up because you have NO real PVE players, just casual players. Also, not raiding 3-4 nights a week is no excuse for not having an 8/8 until 20% nerf. You do not have a plethera of players to make up for baddies because...that's right, you ARE all baddies...

Stop being so narrow-minded and look at the big picture, Torth is dead, were you really trying to rally the realm behind a world 500th+ 8/8 kill and two 7/8 guilds?
Edited by Yarrly on 5/21/2012 1:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Meh.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Tortheldrin, Dying..wait, dead!

No one but Torth locals knew about Pred, DS or any other Torth guilds. Such big named guilds! Are you really that narrow-minded?

If you are bringing up that no one raids 3-4+ nights a week, then you might as well not even bring it up because you have NO real PVE players, just casual players. Also, not raiding 3-4 nights a week is no excuse for not having an 8/8 until 20% nerf. You do not have a plethera of players to make up for baddies because...that's right, you ARE all baddies...

Stop being so narrow-minded and look at the big picture, Torth is dead, were you really trying to rally the realm behind a world 500th+ 8/8 kill and two 7/8 guilds?

Good job as misinterpreting what was said, using ad hominem logic, misspelling plethora, not realizing that people aren't progressing because of attendance (i.e. lack of attempts at all) rather than lack of skill, not realizing that low pop means sometimes you have to recruit bad players into raids or the guild even if you don't want to because he's the only response to your spamming trade for hours, not realizing that low pop means you have to take the guy who can only raid 2 days a week so you have to change the raid schedule, calling people narrow-minded repeatedly for seemingly no reason, and being hateful in general. Great post bro

<Hateful, irrationally angry reply incoming>
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Haters gon' hate.

1. We killed -almost- every boss in considerably less attempts than many, many guilds. Look at stats of wipes -> kills, even with nerfs.

2. We had a fraction of our 10m from Day 1 to 8/8HM. When someone left, we brought in near naked players with 0 experience, because that's what Tortheldrin had to offer us. Not to mention our rogue transferring with T2.

3. We had many, many weeks were we would get 0 progression attempts because 1-2 key raiders couldn't make the raid nights. 0.

4. With Ascend/R&R/Powk - we were able to have a friendly race to Realm First SoA without the 15+ hour raid week.

tl;dr
We raided 6-7 hours a week, have SoA, our Glory of DS raider Meta done, and had a lot of fun doing it.

<3
Edited by Gummiibear on 5/22/2012 6:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote

calling people narrow-minded repeatedly for seemingly no reason

He was called narrow-minded for a perfect reason, which you seemed to overlook. His post comes off as naive and narrow-minded, to think he feels he can call people bad, and thinks this realm is kicking because 1 guild finally got 8/8, that is narrow-minded thinking. A tortheldrin player thinking he is good is like the best player in a middle school football league somewhere in the middle of no where thinking he is the best football player in the world...think about the big picture here, about the good players on good realms. I don't know why he does it, maybe he wants to create an illusion that he is good at this game he likes, but when you have 1 guild that kills the content (20% nerf too), your realm is not kicking, and all players are bad, not just new recruits/pugs.
Edited by Yarrly on 5/22/2012 8:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
narrow-minded doesn't really apply to this situation, since it is a video game which is played for fun. it doesn't matter. there is no big picture. go be an angry little dork somewhere else.
Reply Quote
This is a competitive video game. Like I said earlier, if you claim that there is just casual left on such a low-pop as Torth, then the realm is indeed dead.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
do you also heckle little league games or children's school plays?

i knew a guy like that once. nobody liked him.

he's dead now.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Damn PoWK, Y U NO come to Arthas?
Reply Quote
Torth progression is ranked 212/246, yea I can safely assume that this realm is pretty much dead lmao.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

calling people narrow-minded repeatedly for seemingly no reason

He was called narrow-minded for a perfect reason, which you seemed to overlook. His post comes off as naive and narrow-minded, to think he feels he can call people bad, and thinks this realm is kicking because 1 guild finally got 8/8, that is narrow-minded thinking. A tortheldrin player thinking he is good is like the best player in a middle school football league somewhere in the middle of no where thinking he is the best football player in the world...think about the big picture here, about the good players on good realms. I don't know why he does it, maybe he wants to create an illusion that he is good at this game he likes, but when you have 1 guild that kills the content (20% nerf too), your realm is not kicking, and all players are bad, not just new recruits/pugs.

Your logic seems faulty. "Perfect reason?" I think you need a dictionary, because those adjectives don't really fit. E.g. you're the only one calling people bad...? Also, gummii is female.

FYI, Tortheldrin has SEVERAL raiders who have world ranked (and may be still, idk) top 200 for HPS or DPS. (Not that HPS rankings mean a lot or I'm positive I'd rank a lot more.)

Unrelated to that but in response to the rest of your post, if you're telling me that a team of half NFL players and half high schoolers can compete against an NFL team then, knowing little about footballing, I will laugh in your face. You're being completely unreasonable. We all KNOW that Torth is in worse shape compared to a lot of other realms. That doesn't mean it's BAD.

You completely missed the point of my other post, anyway. You're saying people are bad for needing 20% nerf to kill heroics? They didn't. There just happened to be a 20% nerf when they finally had the attendance together to do attempts. AFAIK, PoWK wasn't even around when T13 started. Tortheldrin's progression has nothing to do with being bad. It has to do with the fact that it's ridiculously difficult to find pugs or recruits at all, let alone geared and/or competent ones. (E.g. AD has been looking for a full time tank for weeks who can even just SHOW UP every raid. Wanna know how many whispers we've gotten? One. Who could make 50% of raids.) But-- the players that are in these guilds already? They're good. At the very least, SOME of them are. Calling everyone on Torth bad is a ridiculous generalization that makes you look like a fool. Carrying people through heroics who have never done normal and are ilvl 370 is not as easy as you might think, if that is your response. Right now, you seem like the rich white man who blames the cripple for not working more. In other words, you're making assumptions (the cripple is lazy/the players are bad) which are incorrect, and judging others based on those incorrect assumptions. And now I think, shown some things you didn't think about, things which show "oh hey, maybe they're not bad," you are stubbornly holding onto your previous viewpoint so as to not look the fool.

P.S. You already look the fool.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]