Tortheldrin, Dying but not dead!!

Never made it back to my post till now, Yarrly made me laugh. Maybe I am narrow minded. My point was only to say we are not as dead as people make us to be because we did progress pretty well.

My point was that we put in much less hours then most and progressed well. I never made us to be ELITE. Just that we have some decent players that can progress well.

To think that we couldn't kill Madness at 5% or 10% with full capable-player attendence with double the time we did put into trying to progress is what I would call "Narrow Minded". You cant have a true race of skill because so many factors come into play...gear drops, time/attempts, full raid, ect... so it becomes quite ironic that you call me narrow minded when you cant even see the difficulties of how to test true skill with the common problems that plague all guilds.

So in short, take your ball and GTFO of my thread, because this little league team kicks some Tortheldrin !@#!!
http://imgur.com/CKK27
Edited by Yarrly on 7/22/2012 6:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
71 Troll Mage
07/22/2012 06:00 PMPosted by Yarrly
I like homer...

<3

I miss tortheldrin every time I think about it. How terrible the server is as a whole who cares. None of it mattered with such a tight community. We were family dam it!
Edited by Homër on 7/22/2012 6:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I was kidding, I dont like you...I dont think anyone did, really.
Reply Quote
71 Troll Mage
90% loved me. I will happily post 20+ screenshots of people praising me like a god :) and thats just in the first line of my tortheldrin folder I havent even gone through 1/10th of the SS's I have.

I just made a lot of low IQed people hate me because I argue so well.

Although I love that you hate me yet still remember me shows the impact I made
Reply Quote
I dont remember you...why do you think I call you homer, cause I have no clue who the hell you really are, so I use the name that is given to me to see.

No one loved you...we all hated you...we all still hate you...and all players on torth suck, nice day to you all.
Edited by Yarrly on 7/23/2012 1:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
71 Troll Mage
If you don't remember me than you don't know if I am hated :)

I am Homer, Homerjunior, Apu. The Cocky, The Wise, The Great Debater

That's one random I hate you to my hundreds of lines of praise.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I see Spurgeon is in Ascend. That not exactly a good raider.....

Also only top 200 Geodew? I pulled many top 100's on my pally on torth. And although I changed servers just before it happened rank 27 on LK still stands :) and sorry to tell you 99% of people here are terrible. For example only just broke 2.2k on this horrible BG group. Pull a rank 87 in 3v3 on BG9. The pool of players SUCK. I mean for years now the best guilds have had Spurgeon healing? That's just sad. Does he still miss gems and tries to defend his religion although he does not know the bible?

Alright, I'll bite...

AFAIK most Ascend core left the guild to merge with PoWK. But even if Spurgeon was raiding with Ascend, you clearly don't understand how much people can improve over time, if you knew him ages ago.

a) That top 200 HPS was in ilvl 378. I beat hardcore raiders in ilvl 391. b) Also, HPS rankings mean diddly squat anyway imho. Your highest HPS ever done on a fight means more than your average, and even that doesn't mean much. If I had a !@#$ty healing partner, I'd do like 50% more hps or more on every fight. Lol. c) If you truly believe that everyone on torth is so bad then you should realize my gear should be horrible so I can never do as well as I could otherwise, so not achieving a certain ranking means even less. d) Just because you've achieved top 100 doesn't mean top 200 is bad by any means. Could've been RNG. Or, I'm sure if my healing partner had sucked on purpose I could've gotten top 50 at least. Yeah, I could pretty much write an essay on why HPS rankings barely mean anything. e) From what I hear, it was also much easier to heal during wotlk.
That paragraph tl;dr: So basically my only point was that top 200 doesn't make me necessarily great (though I may be), but it means I'm not bad, because I did have to put out -at least- the HPS to hit that ranking. (I'm saying HPS records are lower bounds of what you're capable of at best.) Which Yarly was saying I was bad, just because I was on Torth.

Finally, I agree that 99% of players on Tortheldrin aren't good (or at the very least like 90% or 95%; you're probably exaggerating--you need to remember there aren't very many active players left in the first place). Most of them don't raid, but yeah. <AD> has found it almost impossible to replace members who leave with competent players. 70% of our tier 12-13 raids are with only 1 guild tank. You don't need to tell me that it's hard to find good players on torth. I am keenly aware of it. When you say, though, something like "Everyone on tortheldrin is bad lolol," it's quite insulting to that 1% (10%, 5%, whatever). Because you said "everyone." Which is false.

Oh, and Yarly, you have no place saying someone else's post was retarded. I've been over your lack of the use of logic already.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Did this guy only know me in Naxx 25 or something?
Edited by Spurgeon on 7/30/2012 3:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
idk. all i know is that we have actual allies trying stuff

so proud!

(p.s. i still hate you all for using guards in TB).
Reply Quote
Which Yarly was saying I was bad, just because I was on Torth.

"Blah Blah Blah Blah I suck"

It was never about being on Torth...I called you bad because...well....you ARE bad hahahahahhahah.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
idk. all i know is that we have actual allies trying stuff

so proud!

(p.s. i still hate you all for using guards in TB).

Lol, us using guards in TB? Think again.. As we come close to killing your friends Spurgeon and Wiggle they run away through the river and aggro the guards.

But, yes, I do like the amount of activity slowly starting to increase.
Reply Quote
80 Goblin Death Knight
I see Spurgeon is in Ascend. That not exactly a good raider.....

Also only top 200 Geodew? I pulled many top 100's on my pally on torth. And although I changed servers just before it happened rank 27 on LK still stands :) and sorry to tell you 99% of people here are terrible. For example only just broke 2.2k on this horrible BG group. Pull a rank 87 in 3v3 on BG9. The pool of players SUCK. I mean for years now the best guilds have had Spurgeon healing? That's just sad. Does he still miss gems and tries to defend his religion although he does not know the bible?

Alright, I'll bite...

AFAIK most Ascend core left the guild to merge with PoWK. But even if Spurgeon was raiding with Ascend, you clearly don't understand how much people can improve over time, if you knew him ages ago.

a) That top 200 HPS was in ilvl 378. I beat hardcore raiders in ilvl 391. b) Also, HPS rankings mean diddly squat anyway imho. Your highest HPS ever done on a fight means more than your average, and even that doesn't mean much. If I had a !@#$ty healing partner, I'd do like 50% more hps or more on every fight. Lol. c) If you truly believe that everyone on torth is so bad then you should realize my gear should be horrible so I can never do as well as I could otherwise, so not achieving a certain ranking means even less. d) Just because you've achieved top 100 doesn't mean top 200 is bad by any means. Could've been RNG. Or, I'm sure if my healing partner had sucked on purpose I could've gotten top 50 at least. Yeah, I could pretty much write an essay on why HPS rankings barely mean anything. e) From what I hear, it was also much easier to heal during wotlk.
That paragraph tl;dr: So basically my only point was that top 200 doesn't make me necessarily great (though I may be), but it means I'm not bad, because I did have to put out -at least- the HPS to hit that ranking. (I'm saying HPS records are lower bounds of what you're capable of at best.) Which Yarly was saying I was bad, just because I was on Torth.

Finally, I agree that 99% of players on Tortheldrin aren't good (or at the very least like 90% or 95%; you're probably exaggerating--you need to remember there aren't very many active players left in the first place). Most of them don't raid, but yeah. <AD> has found it almost impossible to replace members who leave with competent players. 70% of our tier 12-13 raids are with only 1 guild tank. You don't need to tell me that it's hard to find good players on torth. I am keenly aware of it. When you say, though, something like "Everyone on tortheldrin is bad lolol," it's quite insulting to that 1% (10%, 5%, whatever). Because you said "everyone." Which is false.

Oh, and Yarly, you have no place saying someone else's post was retarded. I've been over your lack of the use of logic already.

Maybe he did improve although I find it doubtful he ping ponged to guilds and was either not allowed to raid or kicked out of the main group which by your first sentence goes with what I am stating.

And the few alt 100's I pulled were in two blue pvp gear pieces before nerfs......Point? You said it yourself they do not mean much so being in such good gear to grab your record means even less.

Same as above records are easy we both agree and I pulled them in horrible gear to. About skill my friend.

Not bad, Just sad for the best guild. Yea there is a lot of things that can skew them. I know mine are legit because there are many. I also know my alt is not as great as logs say because I was carrying RL friends who were horrible healers.

I have them in Wotlk and Cata. Just my best ranking of all time was in wrath for PvE.

If your TLDR is really your only point I agree. You could be the 1% on Torth. I don't believe I personally called you bad.

I see how you got so defensive because I did say "player pool" To be clear I mean 99% not 95%. I usually state it with every post regarding players skill. Hell I was that 1% so I get exactly where your coming from.

07/30/2012 03:38 PMPosted by Spurgeon
Did this guy only know me in Naxx 25 or something?

You wish you were only bad that long ago, I was in contact with people on torth all through wrath from your days in Explitus. The the merge of I forget which guild and pred the only reason you got in was because you were an officer and the other officers were actually decent you were very swiftly taken off there main raiding roster.

Na I just remember certain people for certain reasons. I remember you because we had the same main and alt. We also raided in the same guild very briefly but you were cut from the main roster and gquit shortly after. You would always have at least one thing wrong with your setup you would refuse to fix if someone pointed it out.

But the main reason I remember you is because you are so religious and defend it so devoutly yet know next to nothing about any aspect of any religion little owe your own.
Edited by Nelsón on 8/4/2012 1:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
"days in explitus." according to wow-progress, going back to feb 3, 2009, spurgeon was never in explitus.

all i see is a bunch of QQ and wishes to be back on Tortheldrin, in which world PVP currently blossoms.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
this server died with me and the lost of Miley Time

If u don't know Miley time,

Unnistal this game
Reply Quote
80 Undead Mage
Tort's fun, look at the positive side, theres no youth to speak of on the server, they got the hell outta here.
Reply Quote
6 Goblin Rogue
09/04/2012 02:19 PMPosted by Neitzhe
Tort's fun, look at the positive side, theres no youth to speak of on the server, they got the hell outta here.

boy are you naive
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
I came back to Tortheldrin as Horde for many reasons

• To have fun
  • Don't care to be the best anymore
    • Don't Care to be carried in Raids

I just want to play in the server where I got my PVP bear mount many years ago even if raiding scene sucks in that server but I can start over and play again.I could care less what other people think of the server Its always been a server that had bad players. Its funny how they can take out players that are well geared in PVP gear fighting in their crap gear like one person told me once "Didn't take skill to kill that guy".
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]